PDA

View Full Version : In utero hormone effects

helenr
01-10-2008, 10:54 AM
I wonder if any others have knowledge or have studied whether some male babies get an overdose of estrogen while in mother's placenta? I recall that when my son was born and I was privileged to give him his first bath, his tiny nut sac was red as a beet! I think I was told this is fairly common and a result of the poor little testes getting a steady wash of estrogen. Maybe this is all my imagination. They regained a healthy color and all is well for him.
Father is the one with the issues. I have always been transgendered and I truly wonder if I was effected by my mother's estrogen and that might be a contributing factor towards a very young start of crossdressing,feeling more at ease with girls than boys, etc. Any thoughts? Helenr

Maggie Kay
01-10-2008, 11:12 AM
There has been considerable study on this topic by researchers. I can only paraphrase what I remember from reading the web pages I found doing a search but basically, it happens and it is a theory as to the cause of transgender conditions. It is also thought to play a role in homosexuality. One study found that women under severe emotional stress during pregnancy put much more estrogen in the placental fluid. The study followed babies gestated and born during the blitz in England during WWII and found there was a significantly higher level of TG and homosexual males born from that period.

Environmental toxins called XenoEstrogens are industrial chemicals that mimic estrogens in the body and are now thought to be causing the feminization of many species including humans. This is another source for gender variance. It also causes a drop in fertility of women. Check out a web site called "Our Stolen Future"
http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/