PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Kate Simmons
01-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Well, we're on a "roll" here. May as well keep it going. In line with Joy's question about what you would do if you were a woman for 24 hours and my question about if you would really want to be a woman, what would you do if one morning you woke up and you WERE a woman all of a sudden, only this time it was for good and no possibility of changing back? Regardless of how it happened (mutation, radiation, inter-dimensional anolomy, magic, etc.) just what would you do and how would you handle things after the initial shock and realization?

Oh, I'm sure most of us would have a good time initially and take full advantage of it but what would we do when the novelty wore off and we find out we are "stuck" this way and can't put it back in the drawer and the closet and would have to deal with day to day real life?:eek: How would we proceed with doing things and how would we expalin this? I would probably become my "sister" and go about things the best way I could until I could work out the details. It's one thing to wish about something like this, quite another to determine what we would do if it actually did happen. How many would really be prepared to deal with it?:happy:

Sharon B.
01-11-2008, 06:35 AM
Live my life as a woman the best way I could and enjoy every moment of it.

Joanne f
01-11-2008, 07:40 AM
well Salandra,
i am assuming you mean that you features would have changed as well which i would be quite happy with.
Now here's the bit that some might find odd (any surprise coming from me :D) my wife once asked me if i would be happy to stay as i am feature wise as in still looking like a male (ok some might argue with that :D) so to family and friends i had not changed, but have a sex change in the part that counts, and i said yes so i don't quite know what that makes me apart from odd :D

joanne

Dita_B
01-11-2008, 07:53 AM
What do I need to do to make this happen?

I'd do ANYTHING to make this happen...

The first thing I would do is throw away all my male clothes and I would never ever want to see one piece of male stuff in my closet anymore...

Than I would organize a party for all my friends and family to introduce my new self... What a feat! One day of partying would not be enough! Make it a week...

And than... I would LOVE every minute of it for the rest of my life...

What do you mean it wears off? How can this EVER wear off?

I have no idea what you are talking about!!!

What did you say again I must do to make this happen?

Dealing with it? Let me put it this way: How do you deal with winning the lottery? Do you want to keep the back door open to give your winnings back because you don't know how to deal with them? If you are not prepared to deal with winning, you should not play...

:love:Dita.

erickka
01-11-2008, 07:59 AM
I for one, would be overwhelmed. I would have to take a real hard, close look at life, and develop a rational plan of attack to carry out my life in the best possible way that I could, still being the "me" that is inside. I would still abide by my "harm none" beliefs, which may be a little easier to carry out being a female, since most are not as vengeful as males.

Teresa Amina
01-11-2008, 08:00 AM
That would be so cool :D It would save me a lot of time and money. But along that line I hope the Gender Fairy leaves a notarised letter about me and my former identity so I can access my bank accounts...

Christina Louise
01-11-2008, 08:03 AM
If it was only a change of genitalia then that could obviously be hidden until I wanted sex which would then require choosing between pretending to be gay in drab or taking the plunge and going out dressed (which I haven't done yet). But if it involved a more complete transformation then there would be a fantastic few weeks of getting into the gender such as chucking out all the male attire and spending a lot of money on all the outfits that one could wish, learning how to do better with the makeup, and getting used to how people treat you differently. As for explaining to others, then I'd try to be honest (though who's going to believe such a story) but only when explicitly asked.

DonnaT
01-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Gently wake my wife and explain the situation. Tell my son and daughter. Call my Mom. Get a letter from my Dr attesting to the change in gender. Get all my IDs changed. Get some business suits for work (I work in DC, no discrimination allowed).

Carry on with life and take it one day at a time.

Gisele
01-11-2008, 08:13 AM
I would be calling every movie studio and trying for the highest bid on my new comedy!

But really, I would just love it. Every thing I do as a guy I can do as a girl. Well, Jenn and I would have to make a trip to the adult toy store to buy some "attachments":heehee:

Michelle37
01-11-2008, 08:20 AM
doesnt matter how you reword the question it is still a 'what if' question. for most being answered from a male fantasy thinking.

melissacd
01-11-2008, 09:02 AM
If I were still the same person on the inside but biologically different on the outside, I am pretty sure that I would go through the normal process of wow this is interesting and be like a kid in a candy store for a while. Eventually reality would slam into me when I saw that it changes my life even more profoundly than all of the things that are happening to me right now with my transgender choices (work, relationships, family). In the end, I would adapt and do my best to enjoy my life in this new configuration. I suspect though, being who I am, that I would be more of a girlie girl than a lot of GGs normally are.

dianarg
01-11-2008, 09:13 AM
That would be... Bliss:luvu: (probably it would have something to do with quantum mechanics, I'm sure)

mykhelee
01-11-2008, 09:23 AM
If it were only for one day I would hope to the heavens that it was a Saturday. Time to go out trolling:drink:. Hee, Hee.

If it were permanent it had better be the whole "cosmic transformation" thing. If I could not wake up to a world where I had always been a woman, I wouldn't want it.

My experiences from my first time out "shook" me so badly that I stopped dressing for almost two years. I am in the closet, deep in the closet.:p

Other than that?

MJ
01-11-2008, 09:38 AM
only this time it was for good and no possibility of changing back? Regardless of how it happened (mutation, radiation, inter-dimensional anolomy, magic, etc.) just what would you do and how would you handle things after the initial shock and realization?

well after the shock i would go buy the hottest bikini i could find and prance around in it :bs: .. now being full time adjusting to my new look will be easy for me . i still would love to go shopping meet my gg friends have lunch and chat .. one dream i can for-fill to join the choir and sing Christmas carols with my perfect femme voice a dream come true ..

the man thing well the poor guy will have to try very hard to win me over and be patient with me but i don't think i could .. women are fine ... socializing is way better

Then i can live out my life being totally accepted as a kindred spirit free at last

Vicky_Scot
01-11-2008, 09:48 AM
I do not want to be a woman, not even for a day.

Bonnie D
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
If I woke up tomorrow morning as a woman I would call my SO and tell her that I have been finally granted the wish I have had all my life. I would invite her to go shopping with me but I would not go overboard on it as I would for the 24 hour situation. I am sure my shoe size and clothes size would change, at least I would hope so, so I would start there, shoes first, casual clothes next and some officewear. I would have my SO call my office and tell them I am taking a week off on sick leave. This would give me time to resolve identity issues including security pass for my office. After meeting my kids and then my mother and brothers I would drive the 5 hours to visit my father. After that visit I would drive down to the city (Toronto) and stay at the TG Club where I have been going the last few years. In the evening I would go out and party.

Going back to work would be interesting since I have been there for 32 years but I think everything would be fine. I work in a predominantly female environment and my work wouldn't be affected at all. I would have a lot of visitors at first but that would soon wear off.

I don't think it would take long to get used to my new life and I think I would finally be truly happy.

Bonnie

Christine Andrews
01-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Well once I got over the shock I would use it as a means to change the direction of my life and make the most of it - who knows, if it just happened it could just un-happen:happy:

It is something I've thought about, sometimes even dreamt but unless it actually happens all I could say is that I would be very shocked, very happy and I would go with the flow making the most of the opportunity - I think it would act as catalyst for me to change the negative elements of my personality such as procrastination plus being a women would mean it wouldn't be a secret which means no more hiding or guilt.

In a word, happy.

Deborah Jane
01-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Phone my boss and tell him i wasn,t coming in to work. Phone my "ex wife to be" and tell her there may be complications with the divorce. Phone my kids and try to explain things as best i could. Phone my mum and tell her she had a second daughter. Phone all my friends and tell them and see how many friends i had left at the end of the day. Basically like a lot of women i know i,d spend all day on the phone.:heehee:

Joy Carter
01-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Some might think this would be gay of me, but I'd find me a sugar daddy right away. :D

Victoria Anne
01-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Salandra you always come up with a good question or comment but I must admitt I am surprised at how evryones response is more along the lines of a momentary fantasy. Being realistic as I take your question to be I would have to take into immediate concideration my wife and job then think of all the medical issues which would now be reality. Lets not forget the very real discrimination and harrasement that GG's deal with on a daily basis. Then there is all the identity issues , social security drivers lisence pasport and so on . Back to the job , hey you don't excist hence your job does not excist so what do you do ... I'm 47 with no job history! educational pedigree ! what do you do ? so while the thought is great ... be careful what you wish for. Real woman for 30-60 days I'm there , for us transition is the bestway there is a legal , a paper trail to sustain us. I would love the thought as it would give us a new perspective as to what it truely is to be a woman , emotional ups a downs , menstration , the whole 9 yards.

RobertaFermina
01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Salandra,

This is a simple one.

The question I ask myself in the morning is the same: "What am I doing Here?"

Regardless of Gender, I'm here to give and receive love in so many physical, emotional, spiritual, leadership, and servant roles.

What opportunities there are to carry on will be changed. Some opportunities will close, others will open. I'll approach the opportunties differently, since my brain, hormones, and body will work differently to realize the intentions of my heart and soul.

I guess I'd just go on and make (Lemons?Lemonade? Hah!) Ambrosia out of Dom Perignon !

:rose: Hiccup ! :rose:

Emily Ann Brown
01-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I would thank the Lord that my mind and body finally matched, then I would prepare to find a new job because if my employer knew I was female they would cut my pay 40%.

Emily Ann

suzi_cd
01-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Hmm

Well I'd spend a couple of hours checking out my new body of course. Then I guess I'd have to get on with my life. Will work expect drab me (steve) or me (suzi)? If the magic has rolled everywhere then they are expecting suzi so its no problems, if it hasn't then thats going to be fun.

But we do have a couple of cute girls working in our office who I'd probably ask out on a date ;)

Kate Simmons
01-11-2008, 04:16 PM
I would thank the Lord that my mind and body finally matched, then I would prepare to find a new job because if my employer knew I was female they would cut my pay 40%.

Emily AnnI was wondering about that Em and if some of us would have to try to "pass" as our guy self for awhile until we got things settled out. Another whole and perhaps possibly humorous "can of worms.":happy:

Kendra Irene
01-11-2008, 04:23 PM
If I woke as a woman with a man trapped inside. Hmmmm. I got it, become a FtoM crossdresser.

Kendra

Alayna
01-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Realistically I think I'd be very shocked and depressed initially. I've lived my entire life as a man, and have enjoyed every second of being a crossdresser. If that were to happen I'd no longer have the "best of both worlds". Suddenly I'd have to deal with things like a period, discrimination (well, different kinds at least), having to put on makeup and such every day rather than only when I want.....

After the initial shock though I think I'd probably live my life much as I do now. You can bet I'd go shopping and buy the things I can't really wear now: skimpy g-strings, cleavage-revealing tops...you get the idea:p

Mary Morgan
01-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Salandra, I imagine that your hypothesis is that I have become a woman and exist in a world where everyone knew me as a male. That being the case, I would have to spend some time explaining who I was to those who knew the male me. As for adjusting to my new life, I can only imagine that there would be times of great joy, and of great stress, including perhaps wishing for the old me when times were tough, but it would be what it would be, just as my current life is what it is, and I would find a way to thrive, and to love life and those in it. While we are fantasizing, would it be asking to much if I could be gorgeous as part of the deal?

gwenrob43
01-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Just think, more closet and dresser space, at least for a while.

Hugs, Gwen

Juanita O
01-11-2008, 09:25 PM
hi

the first thing i would do is thank god, i always wanted to be a women. After reality sets in I would wonder how to deal with this transformation. We all have to remember that when we change into a women we would have to deal with the problems that women go through. But I guess we can figure out how to master being a women.

shirley1
01-11-2008, 10:20 PM
i think i would find it hard work - it seems to me it takes a lot more effort to be a women than a man - i hate shaving my face so dont do it everyday so having to shave my legs ect regulary would be a chore - i think thats why some women opt out ie wear trousers predominently - dress up occasionally when they feel like it - i enjoy dressing but when i feel like it - another thing like one or two people have said having a sex change doesnt neccessrily make you totally female - no womb no pregnancy - sayin that i fully understand why some (ts's) feel the need to do this but the need has to be very great indeed - another thing remember women have an advantage over us cds - they grow up as girls and get used early on as kids of having to make the effort to apply makeup daily ect (some at least) so i think thats the difference for some of us at least yes most of us would choose to be born female given a choice at birth but could many of us convert to becoming fulltime women later in life - well i can only speak for myslf but i'd find it difficult !

teresa jeen
01-11-2008, 10:30 PM
i would assumethat id wake up in the perception that along with my life all others would be changed also. such as my new hubby? the kids could stay but the ones who were my inlaws would now be laws? if all that were to change i would be in heaven til the day i die. kinda like toyota, ohh what a feeling!!!!!

Lanore
01-11-2008, 11:07 PM
What would I do? Do what I am doing.

Lanore

teresa jeen
01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
your a lucky girl..

Dalece
01-12-2008, 12:21 AM
WOW ! My dream came true I would live the rest of my life that way no ands if's or buts. Could it be Alien abduction

Kate Simmons
01-12-2008, 12:37 AM
WOW ! My dream came true I would live the rest of my life that way no ands if's or buts. Could it be Alien abductionCould be Hon. I've always felt it was at least partly true that we are part of an ET experiment to improve the human race.:happy:

JackieInPA
01-12-2008, 12:51 AM
How would i deal? First i'd have ot get over the joy and guilt, the joy of getting my wish and the guilt of being happy while my wife lost her husband. I dont think that she would be very pleased. then i would ahve to try and sort out my new life..where would i live what would i do. these are hard questions since i work for my wife in her office. Hopefully i could still be her friend i would miss her greatly if not.

How would you prove somethign like that? I cant imagine. Prolly have to start a whole new life (after getting out of the psych ward).

Colleentg
01-12-2008, 02:40 AM
First, I'd just love it all, I wouldn't look back.

2nd, I'd call George Noory and explain the experience.

Dalece
01-12-2008, 03:27 AM
To Salandra and Colleen You could be right why do we or are this way act of nature or something else. to Colleen listening to George right now on coast to coast I'll Have to lsiten to you.

Joanna-Louise
01-12-2008, 03:59 AM
This is something ive had to think about long and hard in the past.

I think salandra has a valid point when she asks what happens when the novelty wares off.... I think thats the problem for most CD/Trans people..

I know for me this was, trying to picture my life in 10 - 20 years time, growing old as a woman, would i have a husband/wife or would i still be a partner that stuck by me through the transition.

I know id love to spend the day being able to be a woman, but tbh for myself thats like spending my days as i do now, (mainly because i belive i am a woman just trapped in a mans body).

I think the only way to answer the question or to have an answer is really to get adivce/input from someone who is currently going through this problem, afterall its a question no one really knows.

dianarg
01-12-2008, 04:08 AM
If I still have my previous memories from my time as a man, then I would know that I'm starting again, old problems-renewed gender disorder 2.0, you get the picture, but not from scratch, because all my previous experiences would be part of this new persona, there are three posible outcomes.

1- The problem would be as difficult as it was "the night before", therefore I would deal with it the same way as I do now.

2- I might be tougher, therefore, the necessary extra effort to resolve it, would will result in a new, more evolved "me" or perhaps I don't have what it takes and I succumb to this test. High stakes.

3- Might not be tough at all, so I could say Hurray! and go to my local Barnes & Noble to enjoy a latte with the girls.:drink:

One more mention, I would probably have to get some fake ID, as my old ones would not apply.

Charlotte Cross
01-12-2008, 07:16 AM
If it did happen, I would hope that I were young and pretty and a little bit smaller with all the parts in the right places. I'd have the curves, long legs, full bosom, pouting lips, long flowing hair, etc.

Given this scenario, would my family and friends already know, or would it come as a major shock to them? If not, then my transition would be doubly difficult.

I'd need to go shopping immediately for clothing to fit my new body too. I'd need to get a new photo for my driver's license and a name change would be in order. All the legalities involved could become quite complex and frustrating.
The guys at the bar would never look at me the same way. I'd have to quit my "men only" golf league and have to wait in line to sit down to pee. My entire life would be turned upside down and I'd have to face a daily struggle with my new identity.

But then again, I could experience multiple orgasms on a daily basis.

Bring on Charlotte!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Giovannetta
01-12-2008, 07:25 AM
For me, I would enjoy it initially. But I do not know how long it would take for the novelty to wear off. I have had this desire to dress for a while now, and becoming a woman full time would allow me act on these feelings. But where I see a problem is when I start to miss being a guy. Now if I become a woman, it includes my genital area. I think I would miss my penis. I know it sounds weird, but this might be a hard fact.
In summary, it would be initially great, but I cannot tell how it would really make me feel. Maybe it would work out that I would be happier. Too much to ponder.
Oh and Salandra, how many wigs do you have? Your avatar shows a new wig almost everytime I see it!! If you have any wig care tips, can you share them with me?
Thanks- Jennifer