PDA

View Full Version : Hiding my Adams apple

Carvery Carly
01-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Not sure if this question has been asked before but without having surgery whats the best thing to do to try and hide my Adams apple. Without sounding too self-praising but as I'm only a 30" waist and 36" chest and only weigh 8 stone, I think I look quite good when dressed en-femme with the only downside being the size of my adams apple which protudes rather unsightly. I usually wear a polo-neck when en-femme but can get quite hot in the warmer weather. I'm sure I read somewhere that wearing a choker brings attention to the neck for others to notice. So if someone has any ideas then brilliant. Look forward to reading your ideas. Thanks Girls.

dianarg
01-11-2008, 11:36 AM
You could try using a bit of makeup, and play with shadows.

Carvery Carly
01-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Sorry to sound a bit thick but could you explain what you meant about using make-up and playing with shadows. Do you mean use make-up/concealer on Adams apple?

Mitch23
01-11-2008, 11:45 AM
i often wear a silk scarf

you'll see them in most of my piccies here

mitch

AmandaM
01-11-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't think you have much choice except for scarves and turtlenecks. The makeup will help except for a side view. I don't have one that sticks out so that's the best I can do.

docrobbysherry
01-11-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't have the Adam's Apple problem, but I've got bad Turkey Neck! I use wide ribbon chokers to help hide it. Have u tried that? They make ribbon up to 3" wide. I have several colors to match my outfits.
RS

Carol A
01-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Sorry wish I could help but mine isn't that large and nobody has been the wiser. :hugs:

Laura Jane
01-12-2008, 05:55 PM
A double chin does the trick!

Julie York
01-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Look at the floor a lot.:D

Or....seriously.

Study photos of any fashion magazine and try to see if any woman has some legitimate way to cover her neck.

charlie
01-12-2008, 07:31 PM
I have found that wearing turtlenecks under dresses hides the adams apple, neck hair, and wrinkles. Looks perfectly feminine too! The women's versions have much more neck in them so they fold over more. A good winter way to deal with the problem.

Jennaie
01-12-2008, 07:44 PM
If you choose to try makeup, what you want to do is brush a slightly darker blush onto the protruding area. This gives the illusion that the protrusion is actually a hollow. A lighter blush onto the sides, above and below. This will help from a distance but like others said not up close nor from a side view.

Wearing a longer wig with hair that curls into the front of the neck helps the side view from being seen.

Scarfs are great as well as earrings and necklaces to distract the viewers attention.

Here is an example of a wig that could help. This wig is one that would need to be cut and styled after purchase.

Andine
01-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Thats is a lovely look you have Jennaie !

That advice with the makeup is great ... Thanks.

Also , having been looking at the Courtney ACT saga another insight I have gotten, that may help, is that you can minimise the problem with your stance. Pull the chin backwards on your shoulders ... It results in, the chest being more prominent, and the Adams apple higher under the chin, and less visible.
Try it in the mirror and see where it gets you.
Regards