PDA

View Full Version : Heart attack!

in-media-res
01-12-2008, 12:54 AM
My girlfriend just nearly found out about my cding. In fact, if she had looked down just once, it would have been all over. The full story goes like this.

I'm essentially home alone for the weekend. My girlfriend is staying at a hotel nearby so she can party with some friends and I can have some peace and quiet over the weekend. So, just having gotten home from running errands after dropping her off, I'd decided to paint my nails as it's been something I've wanted to try for a while now. Everything is going fine, if a little out of the lines :p, and I'm finished with my hands and letting them dry. So I decide to start on the toes. I barely get started on the first one when the phone rings. It's my girlfriend. She's come back really quick to pick up some stuff she forgot.

Oh crap.

Thus begins the mad scramble of me tossing the nail polish under the bed, as well as the cute headband I had put on. All the while I'm thanking god that I locked the door so she couldn't just waltz in. Then of course my mind switches to the other issue at hand, how do I hide my nails? Then it hits me, gloves! So I rush to my only pair and realize...fingerless.

Double crap.

So I toss them on anyway and go to unlock the door before she starts getting annoyed. I figure I can just keep my hands in my pockets or something. So she comes in and I do an okay job of keeping my nails out of sight. When she goes for a hug, I move my hands fast enough to get them behind her back without her noticing. Then I remember my toes.

Triple crap.

I'm thanking god she hasn't looked down, or if she has, she thought the polish was just a shadow or something. So as she's going off to get what she came for, I say that my feet are cold, rush back to my room and put on some socks. Then for the next few agonizing minutes, I keep my hands hidden until she leaves.

I swear, the goddess of dressing was looking out for me tonight or something. Now I have to go back and fix my nails :mad:. Better than getting caught I suppose.

Angie G
01-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Bummer you have to hide would it be that bad if she knew :hugs:
Angie

Dana
01-12-2008, 01:45 AM
Its been my general experience, that when you think you're fooling somone? You're only fooling yourself!

You and her need to have "the" talk!

lisa_e_love
01-12-2008, 02:15 AM
From personal experience, delaying the infamous "talk" only makes matters worse.

If you don't bring it up early and honestly she'll be hurt that you lied to her or misled her or however she WILL term it even if it is only natural to want to wait to share more personal things about yourself.

Must have been a heart-pumping temporary escape though. It's definitely best not to be "caught" but to bring it out in the open early.

On a side note, did you get your nails fixed after she left? :D

Jennifer Giovannetta
01-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi. I like the way you wrote the story. Crap, Crap, and double Crap. Then, triple crap. Anyway, I agree with a few of the other girls. Maybe you can introduce it to her slowly. Good luck.

Shelly67
01-12-2008, 09:51 AM
This is so familliar , the other week I opened the door to a pizza delivery driver , ( just changed back to drab ) having forgotten my toenails were a bright shade of red .....He handed me the pizza box , and then set about giving me my change , he looked down , then up , and left hurridley .It was,nt until I started eating I looked down ......" oh buggar "!:o

Jenny Beth
01-12-2008, 11:57 AM
did you girlfriend have a cold at the time as nail varnish can be smelt all over my house went I use it

My thoughts exactly, there's no way she didn't notice the distinctive smell of nail polish and the remover also has a distinctive smell. That heart attack could come back to haunt you.

Adele
01-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Had a similar experience last week!!!

My wife (who knows about my dressing) and 10 yr old daughter (who doesn't) came back earlier than I thought they would be whilst I was starting to cook dinner for them.

I heard the car backing up in the drive (reversing sensors - phew) so I did the quickest sprint ever and in heels too!!!

As I was changing they were coming in the door so I had to chuck everything under the bed and struggle to find drab to put on.

My heart was beating so so fast I thought it would jump out of my chest.

Will be off to change in a mo so I don't have a repeat!!!!

LisaRaye
01-12-2008, 05:22 PM
right now i am single. but if i was to get serious with someone i would have the talk. nice job not getting caught.

Shannen
01-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Glad you didn't get caught. Most of us have probably experienced that particular thumping of the chest at some point.

You could always go the route of clear nail polish for a while. Say it's for "strength" or something. At least the smell of polish and remover will become commonplace then.

BTW, one of my small joys in life if swinging my legs out of bed and looking down at bright toenails. Instant morning reminder that at least my feet were in girl mode all night! Then its put on the socks before leaving the bedroom.

Usually my wife doesn't notice usually for days... because of the socks probably... But her main concern is that I haven't been using her polish, she doesn't want to share... :sad:

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-12-2008, 07:36 PM
it sticks in my mind the fact that his g/f stays in a hotel to party instead of at someones house or her own place to party :2c:

paulaN
01-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Your in trouble now. She must have smelt the nail polish. It has not registered in her mind yet. It will though. here comes another heart attack.