PDA

View Full Version : Pull up a chair and let’s discuss why she’s special to you

stef
01-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Why is it that after maybe 50+ (100+ !?) makeup applications, I can’t even come close to how much better I look when my wife does it for me? It’s the little things like knowing the right amount of eyeliner, or where to extend the lipstick to, or knowing how much foundation to use. Marry that with picking out the clothes, choosing the shoes to match, deciding the appropriate jewelry, settling on a wig, and putting it all together, and she’s in a different league than me. In one respect, it’s a little depressing to recognize my deficiencies in beauty by comparison, but in another respect, it’s such a blissful experience to be transformed so capably. I am humbled by her abilities and I feel extraordinarily fortunate that I am often the beneficiary of them. To feel beautiful doesn’t always mean to look beautiful, but being confident in your appearance brings a sense of completion; it brings a happiness that radiates beauty from you and casts your imperfections into the shadows. These special moments with someone you care about are when love and trust are indistinguishable and that is truly the most beautiful thing. My wife, the artist who creates beauty of me and within me, does so much to make me feel wonderful about myself that life without her would be unimaginable and utterly devoid of joy.

Do you have someone in your life who makes you feel beautiful; who goes beyond what would be expected to make you feel special; who loves you for who you are?

Tell us about your unsung hero.

- Stef

Bethany_Anne_Fae
01-12-2008, 06:18 AM
I have two.

My wife who inspires me to move forward and try new things and not get stuck in a rut.

And my sister, who in her own way helps me see the other side ;)

Zara

KayHenderson
01-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Friday is the one day each week when I go to an office as Kay, and my wife does my hair and makeup.

We have fun with it and even shop for makeup and hair products together. It's a little secret we can share, and it brings us even closer to each other. I've learned so much from her regarding what my presentation should be at my age - clothing, hair, etc.

I never fail to thank her for helping, and she knows how much it means to me.

http://anotherself.blogstream.com

MAJESTYK
01-12-2008, 02:14 PM
My wife is my biggest inspiration. She has made me feel comfortable with myself. That in itself is one heck of an accomplishment. I havent exactly hidden it from her but until we recently moved, I couldnt really express myself. I wake up some nights for work and she is deep in battle on Ebay, buying clothes or staying online to the last minute to make sure that I get that certain wig that she just knows will look good on me. At Christmas I was spoiled with more girl clothes and other things nice than I have bought for myself in all the years that I have been dressing. The list of the things I want to thank her for is absolutely endless! I honestly dont know how I could ever thank her.:love:

Michelle I
01-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Wickanne GG

That is so beautiful and it must be a special person in your life, it also describes in words that I would never be able to put together how I felt about my late wife:happy:.

Thank you so much for those thoughts.

Melissa

Wickanne GG
01-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Wickanne GG

That is so beautiful and it must be a special person in your life, it also describes in words that I would never be able to put together how I felt about my late wife:happy:.

Thank you so much for those thoughts.

Melissa

Your wife was a lucky lady.

Thank you...the heart speaks words the mind tries to mask. :hugs: she isn't in my life anymore..."she" is a memory now.

melissacd
01-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Wow...I am speechless

jennCD
01-13-2008, 10:49 PM
From the time we began dating, my wife has been, and will always be, the best friend I have ever had. No one else has even come close. We've been through much more than we'd ever expected over the years and I can't imagine sharing this all with anyone other than her. She's all the things I'd ever hoped for and everything I never knew I wanted, all wrapped up in a beautiful package.

:)
jenn

Wickanne GG
01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
From the time we began dating, my wife has been, and will always be, the best friend I have ever had. No one else has even come close. We've been through much more than we'd ever expected over the years and I can't imagine sharing this all with anyone other than her. She's all the things I'd ever hoped for and everything I never knew I wanted, all wrapped up in a beautiful package.

jenn

Sounds like love...that's great to see in this forum.

Now you'll have to share your secrets with the rest of us :D so that we might be so lucky.

Angie G
01-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes Stef and that lady is my wife of just under 40 years :hugs:
Angie

JoAnnDallas
01-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Your lucky....my wife does not want to see me dressed or even pictures of me dressed. She knows and allows me time for myself to dress but does not want to see. She does let me wear some clothing items that are unisex. The only real fem clothing items she is OK with, is the PINK robe, PINK PJ's, and INK slippers she bought me for Christmas. She has seen me with the robe and slippers on, it is still too cold for the Satin PJ's, and is so far is OK with these items, so guess it is a step in the right direction.

Carly D.
01-14-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm sure it's the little things that women do.. the lighter, slighter touch.. I don't know why but I go to youtube quite often and watch the different women apply makeup and just sit there transfixed.. I have always liked watching women put on their makeup.. just something about watching them change from a plain "canvass" to something special...

stef
01-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Yes Stef and that lady is my wife of just under 40 years :hugs:
Angie

That’s awesome – both for the facts that you found your perfect match and that it’s been 40 years!

Your lucky....my wife does not want to see me dressed or even pictures of me dressed. [...]

There are so many sad stories on this board about rejection, unacceptance, and heartbreak. I am so thankful everyday that there are number of us who have someone in our lives who not only loves us for who (what?) we are, but also supports us and even encourages us. It’s hard to imagine the position our wives or girlfriends are in, what they had to deal with and overcome to accept what, by my thinking, is a rather absurd situation. Imagine if it was reversed, or being told by your wife that she has dendrophilia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrophilia_%28paraphilia%29), or even, god forbid, she is a scientologist for example. If I truly love her, I would accept her for who she is, but honestly, it takes a massive leap of faith to love unconditionally.

Guys, when you find The One, realize what the two of you have could never be replaced; treat her with all the respect and devotion you have in you. It’s not written in stone, but I’ve found you get out what you put in. Never take what you have for granted. Period. (Unless of course she really is trying to convert you to scientology ...not that there's anything wrong with that ;))

Okay, enough of the preachy therapy sh!t from me. JoAnne, I truly hope that one day your wife will see past the clothes. All my best.

-Stef

Jocelyn Quivers
01-15-2008, 08:32 AM
It wasn't until I met my wife, that "Jocelyn" truly came into being. She is my shopping partner, make up and wardrobe consultant. Without her I would not be here.

Mary Morgan
01-15-2008, 08:45 AM
Stef, you are very blessed and it is especially good that you know it. What a wonderful testiment to you love for your wife, and clearly, she loves you. That afterall is the essence of life. As for your lack of ability, I wouldn't trade what you have for that ability as you would lose something much bigger. Thank her.

tim sar
01-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Your lucky....my wife does not want to see me dressed or even pictures of me dressed. She knows and allows me time for myself to dress but does not want to see. She does let me wear some clothing items that are unisex. The only real fem clothing items she is OK with, is the PINK robe, PINK PJ's, and INK slippers she bought me for Christmas. She has seen me with the robe and slippers on, it is still too cold for the Satin PJ's, and is so far is OK with these items, so guess it is a step in the right direction.

You say she 'allows' or 'lets' you to wear certain things, why does she feel she has to give you permission? She is missing out on a very important part of your life. It can only make your relationship better if things are shared. She buys you things - we suspect she would secretly enjoy seeing you dressed and wants to be a part of it. We (my wife and I) love it when Helen is here....Helen is my girlie name, chosen by my wife, especially for me. She supports me and helps me buy things, she advises Helen on colours and styles. We think your wife would love to be more involved. It's a great start with her buying you some pink christmas presents tough. Good luck with showing her another outfit you've put together yourself, we know you'll look great in whatever colour you'll choose. :love:

charllote34
01-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Stef you are a lucky man ( you know what i mean) , and you should treat your lovely lady , you are very lucky :hugs:xxx

Stephanie Scott
01-15-2008, 08:46 PM
My wife is special to me because God gave her to me as my partner, my lover, my best friend, the mother of my wonderful kids, my role model (for Stephanie), my "handyman," my chef, my psychologist, my nurse, my vet, my laundress, my maid (and sometimes I am hers! :D), my cheerleader, my fashion-consultant, my teacher, my soul mate, my help mate. She is the best wife EVER. She is more valuable than rubies (or diamonds, or any other type of sparkly gem!). I love her to uncountable infinity (for you non-mathmeticians like me -- that's A LOT) :D

jennCD
01-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Sounds like love...that's great to see in this forum.

Now you'll have to share your secrets with the rest of us :D so that we might be so lucky.

We met in high school, stayed friends throughout the years, drifted apart a bit, and then the first time we met up again (a little over 12 yrs ago), it was like BAM!...and we both just knew this was it.

I think the secret was that we liked each other long before we loved each other... it all just grew from that mutual respect and understanding.

jenn

Wickanne GG
01-26-2008, 05:31 PM
We met in high school, stayed friends throughout the years, drifted apart a bit, and then the first time we met up again (a little over 12 yrs ago), it was like BAM!...and we both just knew this was it.

I think the secret was that we liked each other long before we loved each other... it all just grew from that mutual respect and understanding.

jenn

That's so wonderful :hugs: You are both fortunate to have found each other.

:love:
Wickanne