PDA

View Full Version : Is crossdressing a 'bad habit'?

bimini1
01-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Is there a pay-off for you related to why you think you do it?

Is there a trade off, something negative it could cause in your life?

Do you value the pay-off or the trade-off?

There was a self-improvement for 2008 section I read in today's paper that asked these questions and obviously for me I immediately began to think about my gender issues. I feel as though it's more than cding for me but this kinda had me second quessing. Maybe its just a bad habit that can be shed like smoking or drinking.

KayHenderson
01-12-2008, 03:41 PM
There are many reasons people crossdress, but as a general rule it's safe to say that trying to stop just leads to frustration.

There is no "cure", and it's not something you can quit forever by using willpower.

Deborah Jane
01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
I don,t think there is a cure for crossdressing. I think in a lot of cases it,s really accept who you are or be miserable in denial. I tried denial and it never really worked, so i accepted eventually and now i,m happier for it.:happy:

bimini1
01-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Just when I think it has gone away it comes roaring back. The best I can do is keep it at bay. Sometimes at the new year I will try to see how long I can keep from actually thinking about it, doing it. I went for like a month last year and didn't really think about it. Then one day its like the flood of butterflies in the stomach hit me and I just had to do it. Felt like the first time too, waaaay back in childhood.
So far its been two weeks. Tried to stay off message boards and all of that. I'm 42 and its been with me since as far back as I recal.

A cd friend says he thinks that some people simply and I quote, actually 'outgrow' it. I used to think it was childish to do or somehow I was a 'better' person than succumbing to it for some reason.

Carla4Guage
01-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Is there a pay-off for you related to why you think you do it? - Yes simply my own pleasure

Is there a trade off, something negative it could cause in your life? - What doesn’t?

Do you value the pay-off or the trade-off? The pay-off of course

.. Maybe it’s just a bad habit that can be shed like smoking or drinking

You could get my cigs away from me, but I’d kill if I thought someone was trying to get my new bra!!

Eugenie
01-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Is crossdressing a 'bad habit'?

Cross-dressing can be very many different things to many different people...

And the reasons why some people do cross-dress can be extremely diverse.

Some cross-dressers may feel it is a "bad habit" when they can't come to peace with what they are doing. For this difficulty of accepting oneself as a cross-dresser there are also a variety of reasons, mainly cultural: it is something I'm not supposed to do... Or sometimes simply illogical "I'm the only men to dress with women clothes".

Some dress because they like the feelling of soft materials in which women underwear and clothes are made. There may be a little less guilt associated with that behaviour... After all it is just a sexual and sensual fantasy.

Some dress "en femme" because they feel it is compulsory as their male appearance doesn't correspond to the inner person they are intimately. Some can feel very bad, to the point of becoming litterally sick when not able to dress "en femme".

Of course all in bettween shades, mixes of feelings and desires can be envisionned...

So, I believe that there is no single answer to your questions...

:hugs:
Eugenie

charlie
01-12-2008, 07:26 PM
I for one would love it if I could just stop dressing and toss everything out! Crossdressing could easily threaten my work, marriage and life, if I got caught in a bad situation. I however just cannot stop. When I purge many outfits, somehow I just find better ones to fill back in. The benefits are that I enjoy dressing and going out dressed as a pretty girl!

Jodi
01-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Bad Habit? I've seen a few nuns that were wearing a bad habit.

Jodi

nancyjtv
01-12-2008, 08:20 PM
I stopped looking for reasons or causes for my cross dressing. And I've done the purging many times. The one thing I found is that when I cross dress I feel good and when I don't I get depressed and end up in counseling and on medications.

Holly
01-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Giving up cross dressing is a lot like holding your breath... you can do it for a while, but eventually you're going to start up again. There's no"pay off," it's just part of who I am. These newspapers and their self-psychoanalysis features... must have been a slow news day.:rolleyes:

Angie G
01-12-2008, 08:36 PM
I think it's a great habit hun I love it and don't intend to quit :hugs:
Angie

Jan W
01-12-2008, 09:09 PM
A bit more ingrained than a bad habit I'm afraid.

If it is just a habit than it could be picked up by any one at any age. It seems to me that the majority of us were born with it.

I am a believer in the nature versus nurture theory.

MsToriJones
01-12-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't think there is a "cure" any more than there is a cure for being homosexual or bisexual or heterosexual. we just "are", we are wired the way we are and there isn't a "cure" for it, only suppression of the desires to be.

accept who you are and be who you are, that is all a reasonable person can ask of you.:Party2:

Joy Carter
01-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I don't think there is a "cure" any more than there is a cure for being homosexual or bisexual or heterosexual. we just "are", we are wired the way we are and there isn't a "cure" for it, only suppression of the desires to be.

accept who you are and be who you are, that is all a reasonable person can ask of you.:Party2:

Tori you are so right ! :hugs:

Stormgirl
01-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah it is a bad habit unfortunately. :mad::thumbsdn:

shirley1
01-12-2008, 10:08 PM
i think for myself there is a positive and negative side to it - but it doesnt have to be negative ie if i could somehow meet an accepting gg - it could be a dream come true - cding helps me as a single i get a lot of pleasure and relaxation from it thats on the plus side - on the negative side i avoid relationships - i was sat on a bus today seeing young women and fancying them but then thinking i wish i could dress like them - and then thinking i've got no chance trying to pull them unless its for a one nite stand caus they would not want to be with a guy that wants to wear a skirt or dress - so i guess its a habit that can cause you to miss out on some things in life unless you can just throw caution to the wind and date women and cd keep the two seperate somehow or try and integrate the two things together - i dont know whats worse being able to cd whenever you want but be lonely or having a fantastic gg in your life but no chance of cding - i want both but can it be achieved -i'd give up smoking and drinking alchohol toorow then and wouldnt consider i have any bad habits 1

gabe
01-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Smoking, gambling, consuming fatty foods, drink soda are bad habits. Crossdressing may be a habit, certainly not a bad habit, not in my book.

jennifer41356
01-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Is there a pay-off for you related to why you think you do it?

Is there a trade off, something negative it could cause in your life?

Do you value the pay-off or the trade-off?

There was a self-improvement for 2008 section I read in today's paper that asked these questions and obviously for me I immediately began to think about my gender issues. I feel as though it's more than cding for me but this kinda had me second quessing. Maybe its just a bad habit that can be shed like smoking or drinking.

I dont question why , I accept who I am and I embrace and try to have as much fun as I can before I get too old to enjoy it:D

docrobbysherry
01-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Let's see. Does living a secret, sexual, fantasy existence sound like a "good habit" for a mature adult? Mine envolves only me, Sherry, and u folks online. None of u have any idea how hot the action is when "we" dress!

Add to that, the number of posts I've read from married CD's hiding their fantasy life from their SO. Or single CD's hoping to find an SO that they can bring into their fantasy world!

What part of any of that sounds "good"? Smoking, drinking, gambling, womanising; those r all bad habits. I don't feel puting CDing in with those, but I can't say it's a "good habit" either.
RS