PDA

View Full Version : How has being femme improved your health?

Sejd
01-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I came out now almost two years ago. I am 57 and I have experienced a markedly improvement of my health since I became Sejd. First of all, I lost 20 pounds which I certainly did not need. My personal hygeene has improved, my hair is always fresh clean and combed, my skin is soft and smooth and I exercise minimum three times a week. I now always look precentable and dress sharp even if I have to go out as my former self. On the minus side, I am still a light smoker and drink wine. Proof that noone's perfect. But I wanted to know if others have experienced the same improvements?
hugs
Sejd

MJ
01-12-2008, 06:51 PM
first of all, I lost 127 pounds which I certainly did need to lose

second My personal hygeene also improved, as in shaving etc

third my skin is soft and smooth due to the hormones

forth I now always look precentable as a woman

On the minus side, I am still a little heavey for a woman well massave would be the right word , hey i quit smoking 5 months ago and walk a little depending on the weather.

AmberTG
01-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Well, I'm no longer quite as crazy now!

Scotty
01-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Skin softer due to HRT, and because I want to KEEP the shape that I've worked for, I excercise 4 or 5 times a week.
I don't need and can't afford to lose much weight but the excercise is required, staves off heart disease and keeps me from getting a gut!!!

kerrianna
01-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Most of my improvements come because of self acceptance and love and self understanding. If you love yourself you tend to take better care of yourself. If you are off balance and out of touch...well, health problems always seem to follow.

My skin is better, my posture is better, I smile more, I am happy and more outgoing, I trust myself more, my skin does feel softer, my eyes are clearer, my hair may even be growing back a bit, my aura is brighter. Other people have noticed the change. I notice it because I feel it, and it's such a huge change. Everyday I am grateful for the insight and inspiration the universe has bestowed upon me. :happy:

Mariah
01-13-2008, 12:00 AM
Don't know if I count yet since I'm not completely out and not on hrt or anything. but I shower more, and take care of my skin and do care more about how my hair looks and my appernice over all is now that I'm coming to terms with myself. have not lost any waight yet bet I'm trying for the first time ever.

keris

Anna the Dub
01-14-2008, 04:37 AM
I am no longer deeply depressed. I look after my body more, especially my skin and my outlook on life has vastly improved. Not living dressed full time though, at least not yet.

melissaK
01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Most of my improvements come because of self acceptance and love and self understanding. If you love yourself you tend to take better care of yourself. If you are off balance and out of touch...well, health problems always seem to follow.:

Yes, I have to agree with this. Since I reopened my closet door and started out I am 25 lbs lighter, happier, and mental health wise I'm waaaay ahead.

Hugs,
'lissa

chrissietoo
01-15-2008, 04:00 PM
softer outside means softer inside...more relaxed, friendly and kind. and so fewer colds, headaches and little illnesses. nicer nails, too! :D

Ann D Bluebird
01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
I'd say it has for me: I'm much more careful about staying slimmer. I used to just yoyo ie indulge for a while, think "Oops! Getting a little tubby"....shed some lbs, not noticing I wasn't shedding them ALL each cycle. Hmm.
Also trying to keep fitter, keeping stomach muscles toned up etc.
I'm also more generally taking care of my general appearance: trimming head hair(not enough left to make anything of!)...and other extraneous growths.

My family (I'm not "out" in any sense) have noted my lean and healthy appearance, with approval, and I have occasion questions about whether i've been away somewhere (as if I've had a vacation in the sun, I wish!!)

So I'd say that whatever the appropriate "label" for my gender issues, acknowledging that i have them, and accepting that, is good for my health,
mental and physical.:D So it'd be daft to "purge" or jump in de-Nile. Right?? :thumbsup:

marie354
01-22-2008, 10:39 AM
I've only been out fully for 5 months now, but I can say I have improved.
I downsized from size 12 to 6 and 8's. Smaller sizes look so much better on me. and I'm keeping the weight off too.
I take much better care of my self than I used to. Of course I am not just representing myself, but the trans community as well, so I feel that I must always look my best.
All-in-all I'm healthier than I was before, probably because I'm much more concerned about my appearance these days.
I've let my hair grow so I don't need any wigs, and I had it permed as well. It looks pretty good most of the time... (We all have a bad-hair day once in a while.)
Yup! I feel much happier now. Better than I've felt before.
~Sandy~

KateSpade83
01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
I went from 205 to 165 lbs to join the Air Force but I changed my mind. Then I went from 165 to 139 lbs to see how fast I can be on a bike and to get a six pack abs but no abs ever appeared. Then when I discovered I fit a size 4 at 148 lbs I freaked and have been motivated ever since to stay at 145 lbs. So at my current 150 lbs I'm overweight but you have to give in to good Holiday eating after being strict all year on your food intake!

Dalece
02-02-2008, 05:32 AM
I have been taking care of my body more and have been losing weight. And have been easier to live with.