PDA

View Full Version : My perspective of Crossdressing has really flipped

DarleneCD
01-13-2008, 09:05 AM
In the recent past my feeling regarding crossdressing has really flipped. I will explain.

Like so many here I felt for most of my life I was stuck as a man and would do everything I could to make myself feel like a woman. i.e. dressing, shaving etc.. I would then dress myself up and do my best to portray a Woman that I felt I was then return to the "Man" status and fit in society.
The difference now is I feel that the Woman part of me is the total norm and being out in public is now me trying to portray being a man so as not to be recognized. Now when I go to work it is like dressing up as a Man to go out. Have to make sure I "look like a man" so not to be recognized. The total opposite of where I began. Portraying the man is now the act.

Nothing has really changed except my perspective but It feels so much more correct.

Maybe this has happened to others too.

Hugs

Dar

MarciManseau
01-13-2008, 09:13 AM
As pretty as you are as a woman, I'm sure it's a lot of work to make you look male and drab. I hope one day you'll be able to stay in your true self forever. :happy:

Hugs, Marci and Julie :hugs:

Darlene Rochelle
01-13-2008, 09:13 AM
To look female for me is where I feel "most comfortable". As a man I do not like the person in the mirror,that I see.:2c:

DonnaT
01-13-2008, 09:16 AM
I've heard that before, so it's not uncommon.

Some take it as an indication they are closer to being TS on the trans scale, some don't.

If you should happen to find it bothersome, then a talk with a gender therapist would probably be in order.

Until then, enjoy!

Sonia_cd
01-13-2008, 09:24 AM
Portraying the man has always been an act because it conceals an integral part of the person that is me. Until I can fully embrace the woman within, something I am not even close to knowing how to do, a lot of what I do as a man continues to be the act of conforming to patterns of behaviour decided by society as being expected of a man.

So yes, I understand your situation and like DonnaT says, if it starts to intrude in your day to day activities, it might be worth visiting a gender therapist.

DarleneCD
01-13-2008, 09:28 AM
I dont want to send the wrong message, this is not a problem, just a difference in perspective. I am happy and all is well. I just thought I would share some thoughts.

Hugs

Dar

SiobhanW
01-13-2008, 09:47 AM
I'm only a short way into realizing that I'd like my public persona to be what I would probably term a "softer man", and am ever so slightly feminizing my male appearance to suit - at this point with simple and subtle things like body hair removal and a more feminine manicure.

Along this journey I've also allowed myself, at least in interactions with GGs, to be ever so slightly more feminine when it comes to mannersims and attitude as well. These things do not feel forced.

However, in my interactions with males I've noticed myself making absolutely sure that I don't allow any feminine mannerisms and attitude to slip into my presentation. So in that way being "manly" has very much become the act.

In fact, opening myself up to possible discrimination at work, based on letting the "new me" slip out to the wrong person, was the subject of a thread I opened a week or so ago on how the protections against such discrimination might apply to me. I don't know why it would - who wants a bunch of testosterone driven, macho s**t-heads working for them anyway? But you never know!

Mitch23
01-13-2008, 12:27 PM
i agree totally with what you say darlene. If i want to buy girlie things, I have to go out and present myself as a girl. It feels right to do that. I want to be treated as one of the girls at work.

mitch

girlyj
01-13-2008, 12:32 PM
I know the feeling.

Nicole Erin
01-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Well Darlene, maybe you are more a TS than you care to admit to yourself.
YOu don't look like there is much manliness left in your personna tho. Maybe it is time to think more deeply than clothes and makeup.

Holly
01-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Darlene, you know better than anyone else what makes you happy and complete. Take what others are saying with a grain of salt. If you are happy where you are, then by all means, enjoy it!

susie evans
01-13-2008, 01:46 PM
holly is right you do what makes you feel best in side

holly i like your new avatar

:hugs: susie

Kate Simmons
01-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I get what you are saying Hon but for myself it's not an act any more either way. It's more what I choose to look like at any given time. The fact that it is my choice totally is what makes the difference.:happy:

Joy Carter
01-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Darlene, you know better than anyone else what makes you happy and complete. Take what others are saying with a grain of salt. If you are happy where you are, then by all means, enjoy it!

I totaly :iagree: because I too feel like I'm faking it, just to get along.

renee k
01-13-2008, 04:33 PM
In the recent past my feeling regarding crossdressing has really flipped. I will explain.

Like so many here I felt for most of my life I was stuck as a man and would do everything I could to make myself feel like a woman. i.e. dressing, shaving etc.. I would then dress myself up and do my best to portray a Woman that I felt I was then return to the "Man" status and fit in society.
The difference now is I feel that the Woman part of me is the total norm and being out in public is now me trying to portray being a man so as not to be recognized. Now when I go to work it is like dressing up as a Man to go out. Have to make sure I "look like a man" so not to be recognized. The total opposite of where I began. Portraying the man is now the act.

Nothing has really changed except my perspective but It feels so much more correct.

Hugs

Dar

Hi Dar,

I totally agree with you, and that's where I'm at in my life.

Renee

Angie G
01-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Some times it feels like that darlene :hugs:
Angie

MsJoann
01-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Darlene...
I don't feel the need to be masculine anymore although I can play both of my sides well.
My real inside is feminine...I have come to grips with the fact that I never ever got along with the macho crowd...I was always on the side.
When not dressed completely fem, I am somewhere in the middle with my looks, dress and grooming. I try not to look freakish but am well aware that I dress differently tham most males I associate with.
It seems kinda lonely at times because I choose not to go the macho-route.
While in male mode, try female clothing that makes you feel nice but is not too obviously blatant..there are lots of women's casual clothing that you can wear..still giving you the good feeling but without looking out of place.
Going full time out in the world is a very tough thing even in this day and age we live in.
Don't ever run away from yourself.....just be YOU!

DarleneCD
01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Thankyou Joann,

Some good advice. In fact thankyou everyone. There is a lot of wisdom among us.

Thanks

Dar

jennifer41356
01-13-2008, 09:00 PM

Hugs

Dar

wow, you must live inside my head:D:eek::hugs::devil: