PDA

View Full Version : On keeping a journal

Ruth
01-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I have been CDing in a serious, regular way for several years now and of course my CDing has moved on in that time. However, I have no written record of my activities - it's all in my head and of course that's a fairly unreliable record.
I would love to keep a regular and detailed journal of my CDing, both my thoughts and my activities, but I am inhibited from putting things down on paper because of possibly the wrong people reading it. And I know anything committed to the PC (or online) is most unsafe - this site excepted of course!
Any thoughts from the girls here? Anybody doing it, and if so, how?

Sharon B.
01-13-2008, 01:06 PM
I have been keeping a journal on the web-site Sissy Salon for sissy training.
Doesn't ask much in a way of who your are I just go by Sharon.

Nicole Erin
01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Can't you just hide it someplace where it won't be found? Of course that is always possible.

Maybe for the computer, make a hidden directory on the desktop with your journal. If you do not know how to make a hidden one or how to unhide it for use, I can guide you thru that, just PM me.

If your writing DOES leak out tho for any reason, there is this reality -
You are master of your thoughts until they come out, then you become their slave.

KayHenderson
01-13-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm blogging my experiences here:

http://anotherself.blogstream.com

Veronica 1
01-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I have a removable 2 gig USB drive that I keep all my private data on. Most is backup files from my comp but there are others that no one but me should see. I know that they are safe in my pocket.

Ruth
01-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the thought about a removable drive. That may be the way to go. A written journal still has some appeal but I think it may never be safe.

Suzy Harrison
01-13-2008, 06:42 PM
I've been keeping a diary in a notebook ever since I've been going out in public. A page for each day out.

It shows what I was wearing on the day and if the day was fine or if I had any problems. Not only is it nice to record things in it, but it's also useful for really good or bad days, just to see if there is a pattern that would point to why the day was successful or not.

If my confidence is ever down, I have a read through it and it perks me up no end.

I just keep the book with my clothes. A book is far more convenient than storing it on the computer.

MsToriJones
01-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the thought about a removable drive. That may be the way to go. A written journal still has some appeal but I think it may never be safe.

you can password protect the drive too....use a password that has NOTHING to do with you but something you won't forget....your favorite CDs name, favorite book about CDing, etc.

or the date you started to CD

Angie G
01-13-2008, 07:41 PM
I'd never put anything down on paper :hugs:
Angie

susanmichelle
01-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Only thing I can think of that might be safe right off the bat is a program for the pc called acrobat professional 8. You can write your stuff down like a journal in it i think and then turn it into a *.pdf file and encrypt it with a password. I think it consist of 128 bit encryption and is pretty safe from what I have read. I have the program for other reasons but use it frequently and know that you can encrypt the files for safety reasons. I think you can download the trial version for evualation. Might be worth looking at, Just my :2c:. If I think of anything else I will reply again or maybe some of the other gals here have a better suggestion.