PDA

View Full Version : Comfort Zone

Dawn Marie
01-13-2008, 03:00 PM
At one time or other we have all purged, due to guilt ,frustration,or whatever. And for some of us that have been doing it awhile have finally come to terms with our CDing. So my question is at what point in your life did you finally hit the Comfort Zone. That is you realize that this is part of who you are and it will always be a part of you.
This does not mean that you came out of the closet or that you feel comfortable going out enfemme, But that you are comfortable about your CDing and yourself.Wether you do it in the confines of your house or you actually do go out and about.
Just a thought question for some. For me It was around when I hit 40. It took me 30 years to come to terms with myself.
Now if I can just get my wife to see it that way, I'll be fine.

Michelle-NC
01-13-2008, 03:10 PM
I came to terms with it right before christmas of last year, at the age of 38. I owe a lot to a friend of my wifes, who doing a conversation we were having, where I said I could be a sissy at times, she put it quite clear that I was one...not that I could be one. It hit me at that time, that I am what I am, and I have finally accepted it. Wife has always been supportive, but she is thrilled that I finally accepted myself.

KayHenderson
01-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I was still fighting it as recently as last year but have now totally accepted myself as I am and understand that I cannot and will not change.

And I'm 66...

http://anotherself.blogstream.com

Nicole Erin
01-13-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't know. :sad:

For a few years I thought I was pretty much done with it, it was just somethingon the back burner, but lately, it is all I can think about. It has gotten stronger since this summer.

I enjoy dressing, no big deal, I just wish I could get over this obsession with the whole thing. I love dressing, I love women's things, I love my CD sisters,
Often times I wish I didn't feel as strong.

Maybe I am not as "to terms" as I thought I was.

Jilmac
01-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Dawn, I came to terms with myself many years ago. However, my family and others have not reached the same comfort zone that I have achieved. I enjoy dressing, it is an integral part of my being and I do not intend to stop until that last shovelful of dirt is placed on my grave.:tongueout My comfort zone is such that I plan to be buried in my favorite dress. Luv and:hugs: Jill

Kristen Kelly
01-13-2008, 03:53 PM
For me I was 48 and in 3 short years not only have I accepted it, I have embraced it, it is who I am.

barbara blue
01-13-2008, 04:00 PM
I have to say that since joining this forum last month, I have started to feel a lot better about me. It is really great to read posts from and about people the same as me. I am amazed at how many new gals join everyday! I am enjoying my time dressed more now that I have a peer group to listen to and share with.
thanks everyone. It finally feels OK to be a crossdresser. Yahoo!
B (a young 57)

jennydl
01-13-2008, 04:12 PM
I think I was about 26 when I decided to accept myself for who I am.It came to me after a long depression.it was a matter of survival.It took me a couple more years and a short time on hormones to figure out what I am.been at peace with my cding ever since

Kate Simmons
01-13-2008, 04:15 PM
I've basically always accepted it in myself but others have not. I think I finally got comfortable with it about 7 years ago when I came "out" and joined a TG Org. Since then, I've mostly been dealing with how it affects other people and have been building up friendships with those who are accepting, not only of me but others in general.:happy:

Katie Lynn cd
01-13-2008, 04:38 PM
About nine or ten years ago, my wife finally caught me dressed. We talked,and talked,and talked some more. She has never accepted my CDing, but knows that it is a part of who I am. I guess it was at that point that she told me I could dress again (She has never participated) that I came to terms that this is who I am, and I am not going to fight it any longer. I still have some guilt at times, but I am so much more happier now. This has been a part of my life for over 30 years and it is not going to go away any time soon.

Deborah Jane
01-13-2008, 04:56 PM
I finally accepted last year, partially through being in therapy for other events that had happened in the last few years that brought me very close to the edge.

insearchofme
01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
I accepted it about 2 years ago. This post has special meaning to me since I've got to purge my girl thigs on Tuesday. It's not important to go into the whole story but it's something I have to do.

The good thing is that eventually I'll get to buy new things! I'm not sure when that will be but it will happen!

Good thing I can be girly on this site!

Julie York
01-13-2008, 05:52 PM
There's a comfort zone?

:eek:

Lidia_tv
01-13-2008, 05:53 PM
I guess it was after my second purge, in my mid-thirties.

Eugenie
01-13-2008, 05:53 PM
my question is at what point in your life did you finally hit the Comfort Zone. That is you realize that this is part of who you are and it will always be a part of you.

I realized since many years the second thing you ask in your question, that is "that x-dressing will always be a part of my life". After several purging it became obvious that it wouldn't go away...

My wife was aware but not supporting, so I still felt the guilt, even though I knew that I couldn't control the urge to x-dress.

Now for the first aspect of your question "at what point in my life did I finally hit the Comfort Zone", it is very recent. I have to thank several factors:

1/ a free access to internet resources which enableds me to search the web long enough to find proper information abut X-dressing.

2/ Having to female friends whom I had beein coming out to and who helped me tremendously to better accept myself

3/ having come out to my 35 years old daughter, she took it very well but insisted to have a talk with my wife... This created a major crisis which forced my wife and I to finally have an in depth talk...

4: Having come out to a person I highly respect and who told me that I was doing no harm to anybody and who totally accepted me.

5/ a recent change in attitude of my wife, following a health accident that was severe enough that she thought I might be dead. She sort of changed her priorities...

All of these, and I probably miss some lesser factors, have helped my wife and I reach the comfort zone with my X-Dressing with mutual respect of each other's feelings.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Shannen
01-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm reaching new levels of acceptance every day...

Recently I accepted that wearing a bra/panties/skirt and top/pantyhose/heels make me FEEL better, even if it's just to lounge around the house.

I'm not doing it because I shouldn't, or to make a scene, just because I feel better when I do.

jennifer41356
01-13-2008, 09:06 PM
I was about 32 when i decide i would begin to explore my fem feelings...I consider myself very lucky to have never purge...I have given things away to Goodwill, but its been because they no longer fit or looked good:hugs:

stormrider
01-13-2008, 10:01 PM
I got comfortable with it when I finally decided that I was not going to be the person others "thought" I should be. I decided to accept and like myself as the person I was, a nice, gentle, kind person who was more feminine in mind and emotion than masculine. I will no longer purge, nor do I deny who or what I am. And if I decide tomorrow morning to put on a nice twinset and go to work, I will(usually I work outside so I have a jacket over it so I am not too obvious).

Michelle

Jilmac
01-13-2008, 11:20 PM
There's a comfort zone?

:eek:

Yeah, It's out there next door to the twilight zone.

Celeste
01-14-2008, 01:35 AM
For me it was just last year when I realized.I had been divorced for a while and began to dress as I did when I was younger.Then came to the understanding that cding did not need to have a sexual beginning or end.This helped me to see that my reasons for cding weren't just superficial and had a lot more meaning than I'd previously thought.I won't compromise or part with it again.