PDA

View Full Version : A question that has plagued me since childhood.

valeriemonroe2002
01-13-2008, 05:58 PM
While watching the NFC Divisional playoff game between New York and Dallas this afternoon, I was reminded of a question that has plagued me since childhood...

Would I prefer to be the quarteback of the Cowboys or a member the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders?

To this day I can't decide.

Shelly Preston
01-13-2008, 06:07 PM
This is easy you play quarterback and use the money to buy yourself a spot on the cheerleading spot :2c:

Dee Jay
01-13-2008, 06:14 PM
This was written with my tongue planted very firmly in my cheek!

Being a Brit and never ever coming close to understand (American) football, I'm not exactly qualified to comment....
But, I do watch TV and films (Thats what you guys call movies) :)

A quarter back always gets the girl and is always the hero.
The cheerleaders are always very sexy, wear stunning outfits, and get to jump about shouting " Ra ra ra" etc...

From what I can tell neither are very bright.
The 1/4back is a great sportsman but never a member of the chess club or physics society. He'll go on to major in sports.

The cheerleader is fit, athletic and stunning. She'll go on to major in marrying a millionaire or a 1/4 back :)

Given the choice, I'd want to be the cheerleader.
I think that I'd look much better in their uniform than that awkward, clumbsy padded outfit the footballers wear. Headguards and shoulder pads.... Not my scene at all.
We play rugby over here, no time for mamby pamby body armour :)

I've always desired a cheerleader's uniform. Sadly they are not easy to get over here and I'm a little larger than the typical cheerleader.
It really is no contest... 1/4back or cheerleader?
Cheerleader every time :)

DJ

sissystephanie
01-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I second Shelly's post. At the money you would make as a Pro Quarterback, you could start your own cheerleading squad and be the head girl!!:heehee:

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath.

BTW, Shelly, my darling GGF lives near Aberdeen. I visited her not too long ago and hope to get back over there soon.

Shannen
01-13-2008, 06:21 PM
I find myself in the position of dreaming about being the girl in the sexy clothes smiling away....

Thinking about it logically... I think the quarterback makes quite a bit of money, and the cheerleaders? probably not a lucrative career...

serinalynn
01-13-2008, 06:40 PM
I just like to dream about my self in sexy feminine clothing:tongueout.

Amy Hepker
01-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Cheerleader

Tasha T
01-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Growing up I actually did dream of being the Cowboys quarterback (at the time it was Roger Staubach) and currently own a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleading outfit. On one hand you want to be a manly superhero and on the other hand you want to be a hot babe. I feel the pain of your dichotomy so let's break this down...

Pros of being the Cowboys quarterback:

- Have the best job in pro football
- Date Jessica Simpson (or equivalent)
- You're a millionaire
- Get to throw to T.O.

Cons of being the Cowboys quarterback:

- You might get badly injured
- Jessica Simpson (or equivalent) distracts you so much you blow the big game
- Gotta have big muscles that don't look good in a dress
- Have to shower with men

Pros of being a Cowboys cheerleader:

- You're a totally hot looking woman
- You can get breast implants and no one cares
- You cheer for the best football team in the NFL
- You can marry someone rich and never have to work again

Cons of being a Cowboys cheerleader:

- If you gain a couple of pounds they kick you off the squad
- You're looked at as no more than a sex object
- Might get shin splints cheering in cowboy boots
- All that female jealousy, back biting and gossip

As you can see it's a toss up. You just have to make your own decision. Me, I would be the quarterback, win a few superbowls, retire at 30 before serious injury, date the cheerleaders, "borrow" a few of their outfits and live in a mansion so I can dress up in private as sexy as I want with no one to bother me.

Angie G
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
I'd go the cheerleader path think about it Look sexy -get ranover by some big guy.:hugs:
Angie

shirley1
01-13-2008, 07:31 PM
i would opt for being a cheerleader everyday - i mean come on get to wear short flirty skirts tight cropped tops - spinnin around skirt twirling and rising in the wind - thats really being a girly girl and i would love that experience even for just a day !

Chiana
01-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Cheer leader.

LACD
01-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Cheerleader!!!

docrobbysherry
01-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Then, I could get all the cheerleaders I wanted!

Being the star quarterback is just a dream for me! But being a cheerleader? No dream. I just get out Sherry's cheer outfits!
RS

teresa jeen
01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
id rather be the cheerleader, cause id look sooo good on that richmans arm!!!!

jennifer41356
01-13-2008, 09:07 PM
While watching the NFC Divisional playoff game between New York and Dallas this afternoon, I was reminded of a question that has plagued me since childhood...

Would I prefer to be the quarteback of the Cowboys or a member the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders?

Neither, I live in Dallas, and hate both the Cowboys and their phony cheerleaders...now maybe I could be an Auburn Tiger cheerleader...that would be cool......:love:

janie2261
01-13-2008, 09:26 PM
No contest. Be the cheerleader and get the quarterback.

Jacqui
01-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Who wants to throw that silly ball anyway?

Jilmac
01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
This was written with my tongue planted very firmly in my cheek!

Being a Brit and never ever coming close to understand (American) football, I'm not exactly qualified to comment....
But, I do watch TV and films (Thats what you guys call movies) :)

A quarter back always gets the girl and is always the hero.
The cheerleaders are always very sexy, wear stunning outfits, and get to jump about shouting " Ra ra ra" etc...

From what I can tell neither are very bright.
The 1/4back is a great sportsman but never a member of the chess club or physics society. He'll go on to major in sports.

The cheerleader is fit, athletic and stunning. She'll go on to major in marrying a millionaire or a 1/4 back :)

Given the choice, I'd want to be the cheerleader.
I think that I'd look much better in their uniform than that awkward, clumbsy padded outfit the footballers wear. Headguards and shoulder pads.... Not my scene at all.
We play rugby over here, no time for mamby pamby body armour :)

I've always desired a cheerleader's uniform. Sadly they are not easy to get over here and I'm a little larger than the typical cheerleader.
It really is no contest... 1/4back or cheerleader?
Cheerleader every time :)

DJ

Dee Jay, I have lived in the U.S. for 62 years and still don't understand football. But I agree with you cheerleader trumps 1/4 back every time. But I wouldn't dare be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, I'm a Packer fan.

PS If you ever want to hear a very funny description of football try to locate a recording titled "What It Was Was Football" by Andy Griffith. :hugs: Jill

jennydl
01-14-2008, 03:30 AM
CHEERLEADER for sure,I allready know how to throw a football

Dalece
01-14-2008, 03:34 AM
I'd take being cheerleader but not for the cowboys.

karen1977
01-14-2008, 03:41 AM
easy want to keep my toy but would love to live like a cheer leader for the cowboys #1 wife is turned on by it and #all those sexy men in tight pants whoooooo big turn on for me and it would be the dream of a life time to live as a women forever

Kate Simmons
01-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Easy one for me. I wanted to be both ever since I saw Helen Hunt in "Quartrerback Princess".;):happy:

Stacye Rose
01-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Everybody always loves the cheerleaders. They don't choke and blow the season by making mistakes and losing the playoff game two seasons in a row.:2c:

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
:lol: We play rugby over here, no time for mamby pamby body armour :lol:

ummm, neither for me, thanks

Shelly Preston
01-14-2008, 08:32 AM
:lol: We play rugby over here, no time for mamby pamby body armour :lol:

ummm, neither for me, thanks

Oh really then what are these for

http://www.terminator.co.uk/index.php?b=5&id=87&lid=54

Rugby pads :eek: oh dear :tongueout

uknowhoo
01-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I'd have to go with option B - Cheerleader! :cheer:

Btw, I'd like to welcome our thread starter Valerie Monroe, :hugs: as this was her first post! :cheer:

Drucilla
01-14-2008, 08:56 AM
As I recall, Paula Abdul got her start as a cheerleader (Laker Girl). So, if you pick cheerleader, you might have a post cheering career that allows you to sit between two of biggest BOOBS of TV and appear brain dead for the 40 million viewers. What am I saying ---a lot of quarterbacks end up the same way in the announcers booth on game day !!!! So--either is a good choice with a lot more upside to live than most of us get !!

Farrah
01-14-2008, 12:00 PM

I would love to be one of the cheerleaders. (When I lose weight) I just love their outfits and those boots!!!

sybercom11
01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
If I could be a REAL woman and a cheerleader, then I would pick cheerleader of course.

chrissietoo
01-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I was quarterback on my team in high school, and also dated one of the cheerleaders. I wasn't a macho QB (or an especially good one)...I was slim and quick and fluid (now I would say) girly....all covered over with the usual guy stuff. :drink:

It was with my girlfriend I had moments that stayed with me and guided my life, moments when the "guy thing" disappeared and I had glimpses of Chrissie.....In the summers, she would pick plums from her tree and sunbathe naked on the roof of her house with her girlfriends. She let me join her one day after we'd been dating a couple of months. She was in girl mode up there...it was the equivalent of a boys' tree house...and she was gossip and giggly and, well, we giggled a whole lot, too.

The next day we were up there again, and one of her friends called and wanted to come by. She said sure. Well, it was a little awkward at first, having a "man" around, but after a little while we were all lying on our own towels eating plumbs and giggling, and for a moment I didn't feel like a guy any more. We spent many days up there in the summer, sometimes three or four girls and me, and I had several of those moments, moments when I saw and felt my real, feminine self. An echo and reminder of what was unfolding.

Oh, and not incidentally I was also the school photographer, and got to photograph the whole squad, together and individually, and a couple of them were happy to pose naked (after all, we'd already been sucking plums together). I spent a whole lot of time, you might say I was fixated, on them and their pictures.

Did I admire them? Totally!
Did I identify with them? Yes.
Which would I rather be?

a quarterback? :drink: nah...
a cheerleader? no question! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Deborah
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
If I could be a REAL woman and a cheerleader, then I would pick cheerleader of course.

Ditto.

tracigirl_tv
01-14-2008, 01:28 PM
....You really broke that thing DOWN, girlfriend ! *lol*

Growing up I actually did dream of being the Cowboys quarterback (at the time it was Roger Staubach) and currently own a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleading outfit. On one hand you want to be a manly superhero and on the other hand you want to be a hot babe. I feel the pain of your dichotomy so let's break this down...

Pros of being the Cowboys quarterback:

- Have the best job in pro football
- Date Jessica Simpson (or equivalent)
- You're a millionaire
- Get to throw to T.O.

Cons of being the Cowboys quarterback:

- You might get badly injured
- Jessica Simpson (or equivalent) distracts you so much you blow the big game
- Gotta have big muscles that don't look good in a dress
- Have to shower with men

Pros of being a Cowboys cheerleader:

- You're a totally hot looking woman
- You can get breast implants and no one cares
- You cheer for the best football team in the NFL
- You can marry someone rich and never have to work again

Cons of being a Cowboys cheerleader:

- If you gain a couple of pounds they kick you off the squad
- You're looked at as no more than a sex object
- Might get shin splints cheering in cowboy boots
- All that female jealousy, back biting and gossip

As you can see it's a toss up. You just have to make your own decision. Me, I would be the quarterback, win a few superbowls, retire at 30 before serious injury, date the cheerleaders, "borrow" a few of their outfits and live in a mansion so I can dress up in private as sexy as I want with no one to bother me.

robin247
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
Being a cheerleader would be so much fun, if I was younger, ok, much younger, I would be the cheerleader.

Robin

heidi99
01-14-2008, 05:09 PM
I would love to be one of the cheerleaders. (When I lose weight) I just love their outfits and those boots!!!

Couldn't agree more! Definitely would like to be a cheerleader!

chrissietoo
01-14-2008, 06:34 PM
another way to look at it is like this...

my mom made me a lovely outfit for halloween when i wanted to be a girl.
she made me a cowboy outfit when my friends and i were into shooting each other.
she got me a baseball outfit, when i started going to the playground to play.

then in middle school, i got made the school mascot, and indian: dance in front of the whole crowd in a skirt, make-up, headdress, and little soft boots.

i don't have any cowboy clothes any more,
or sports gear in my closet.

i do have a lot of skirts and dresses, and experience! :dance:
:cheer:

Tasha T
01-14-2008, 08:07 PM
....You really broke that thing DOWN, girlfriend ! *lol*

Well I could have broke it across, but that wouldn't have made any sense.

I was definitely more cheerleader than quarterback today, though I did take some heat from a few Giants fans who didn't care for my cowboys beanie.

Carla Mel
01-15-2008, 01:19 AM
I don't know exactly what a quarterbackl does, but sure it's something impossible for me to do. So I give up the football carreer. Cheerleader sounds much more possible. And let face the reallity cheerleader's outfit is not very chic, but at list it is not ridicule as the football player's outfit is. My worse nightmare could be been seen in a football uniform!!!
A pajama with the paddings in the wrong places, and a helmet to ruin my wig....
I I really had to be a quarterbak could I use ome personnal item, for exemple the high heels?
Kisses
Carla

Jere Oneil
01-15-2008, 08:14 AM
I'd rather be the quarterback now, because of all the money they make. However, back in the early 60s when I was a high school full back/linebacker. I was really envious of the cheerleaders. I loved their uniforms, even though they weren't the short skirts that cheerleaders wear today.

Michelle8
01-15-2008, 11:05 AM
I've already been the quarterback so definitly the cheerleader for me.

Jamie001
01-15-2008, 11:12 AM
I would love to be the cheerleader and to make sure that all of the players are ready for the game. :heehee:

Dawn Marie
01-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Definitely the Cheerleader.

Come on you get to wear sexy outfits and dance around showing off your assets. A CD's dream. Then you get the quarterback, divorce him and get half of everything.

KeriB
01-16-2008, 10:28 AM
umm... cheerleader!

Annie D
01-20-2008, 12:30 AM
The career of being a quarterback is short lived but being a cheerleader is forever!

trannie T
01-20-2008, 12:44 AM
If I were a Dallas cheerleader I'd have to root for the Cowboys, arrrrggghhhh.
If I were a Dallas quarterback I'd be a Cowboy, double arrrggghhhh!