PDA

View Full Version : That Was Weird

Holly
01-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Today my wife and I went to visit our daughter and her husband (that's not the weird part :D). I was in total drab mode (tan slacks, red shirt, black oxfords) except for my sparklie pink nails, small red studs in my ears, and I've been letting my hair grow a bit (it is nowhere near shoulder length... very short). I stopped to gas up the car. When I went inside to pay, when the cashier handed me my change, she looked me right in the eye and said, "Thank-you, Ma'am." There was no sarcasm, no smirk, just a, "Thank-you, Ma'am." It made me wonder if by incorporating more and more of my femme nature into my everyday life, is it starting to register with those I contact? What do you think? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

JackieInPA
01-14-2008, 01:53 AM
I get a lot of Ma'ams. I need to dress like a limberjack and have 3 days worth of beard to not get it lol. A lot is body language. People dont look too closely these days. so what your body conveys to the unconcious is what they see.

Andrea Elva
01-14-2008, 05:44 AM
I get a lot of this...I never correct them even if the correct themselves...I am going fulltime in about a years time if all goes well.:heehee:

RachelDenise
01-14-2008, 05:49 AM
You've been Ma'amed! I think it is a sense of femininity that you portay no matter how you are dressed. Remember women often wear non-femme clothes and they still get Ma'amed.

Billijo49504
01-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Or maybe she was just blonde!!!:tongueout...BJ

MsJanessa
01-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Hate to burst your bubble but I have a job dealing with the public and regularly address people as Sir or Maam---sometimes when I've just gotten through hearing the testimony of a lady and a gentlemen takes the stand I slip up and address him as "Maam" whoops!!! doesn't happen often and when it does it doesn't have anything to do with the witness being femme or butch--just a slip up on My part---but hey maybe you are letting your "inner woman" out when you are en drab. Who knows??

Chari
01-14-2008, 08:09 AM
Whether dressed completely, in part, or complete drab I get at least one "Ma'am" during my shopping adventures! Could be my curly hairstyle or girly attitude, but it makes me feel good that my "fem" lessons are paying off.:heehee:

Chari

Charleen
01-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Happens alot to me as well, and not only by store clerks.

Angie G
01-14-2008, 09:57 AM
No and I want mine :Angry3::hugs:
Angie

Wendy me
01-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Holly not surprised at all that you get Ma'amed......much better than sired........

JoAnnDallas
01-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I have gotten "Mamed" in drab mode. Not sure what prompted it, but smiled inside everytime it happens.

Jennaie
01-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Absolutely, I have had this happen to me several times. I find it's usually when my mind is being a girl, yet I am in drab. I rather enjoy it when it happens.

Farrah
01-14-2008, 11:36 AM
My female dentist called me girl. I felt really good about that. Even though i was in male mode.

susie evans
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM
i could be that you are being reconised as the mature lady you are :hugs:

susie

girl_in_pantyhose
01-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Some times i get mam'ed and the sales clerk is really good and just plays cool when they know they made the mistake (one which i don't mind them making). But there are other times when they say mam and then try to correct them selfs and apologize making a bit of a scene. I just tell them don't worry about it, everyone makes that mistake and smile. Some of the new employees turn bright red which is fun to watch.

Miss Petra
01-14-2008, 05:50 PM
Hmmm could it be the sparklie pink nails or the earrings.....?

Nahhh you just eminate femininity Holly. Ive seen it first hand nothing but a classy lady even at our non dressed Breakfast Club Meetings.

Petra

Nicole Erin
01-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Sometimes.
The other night I was out with my wife, in full drab. Of course my hair is a little longer than normal, The waitress came from behind me to our table and was like "How are you ladies doing this evening?"

I don't mind in the least when that happens but I put them on the spot just for fun. :D I look up at her and say "Do WHAT?"

My wife is all like "It is time for a haircut".

Amy Hepker
01-14-2008, 06:27 PM
I hope it's a sign that we are starting to be recongnised as people too. I enjoy it when someone mistakes me, but that does not happen very often. If they only knew for sure.

Traci_Ann CD
01-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Sounds pretty awesome to me hun.

And might I say...I like the new pic....VERY sexy. I like the satin top.

I only hope to be addressed that way when I go full-time.

Kieroney
01-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Hmm, just take the compliment and run with it.

teresa jeen
01-14-2008, 09:21 PM
the girl at wal mart said thank you maam after i had purchased nail polish, panties,and calgon! how ever did she guess??

jennifer41356
01-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Today my wife and I went to visit our daughter and her husband (that's not the weird part :D). I was in total drab mode (tan slacks, red shirt, black oxfords) except for my sparklie pink nails, small red studs in my ears, and I've been letting my hair grow a bit (it is nowhere near shoulder length... very short). I stopped to gas up the car. When I went inside to pay, when the cashier handed me my change, she looked me right in the eye and said, "Thank-you, Ma'am." There was no sarcasm, no smirk, just a, "Thank-you, Ma'am." It made me wonder if by incorporating more and more of my femme nature into my everyday life, is it starting to register with those I contact? What do you think? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Yes i have had this happen many a time..I also have a fem sounding voice so sometimes they say ma'am before looking up at me...I love it now!!!:love:

Mary Morgan
01-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Holly, unless you appear to be an obvious male, the studs, nails and general manner would lead me to refer to you as a ma'am. Kinda made your day huh?

MarciManseau
01-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Before I went full time, I'd be called ma'am or miss all the time, and if they discovered their mistake and apologized, I'd just say it's ok and it happens a lot, and if it really bothered me, I'd get my hair cut and grow a beard :D

That was my way of telling them I liked how I looked.

Hugs, Marci :hugs: