PDA

View Full Version : Role reversal

sybercom11
01-14-2008, 12:27 PM
A lot of times when I am out with my wife we are in reverse as far as what we are wearing.

For example, she may be wearing a blue jean shirt and long blue jeans and hard shoes and I would be wearing short denim shorts and a tank top and girlie sandals or flip flops, and showing my shaved legs and arms of course.

We go shopping and to fairs and other things like this all the time. We do get a lot of second looks.

As I have written here before, I am not really one to go out dressed up in a wig and dress and heels. What I do is wear the girlie clothing that I can get away with in public, even though the sissy in me is obviously showing. It is hard to get away with wearing the wig and dress and heels. But everyone wears shorts and tank tops and flip flops. I wear the girlie version.

Even though I still get looks from people it is nothing compared to what those of you who dress up completely get. I admire you for doing that; I guess I have never been brave enough to do it much.

So wearing those girlie items I spoke of is the way I go.

melissacd
01-14-2008, 12:31 PM
... it is nothing compared to what those of you who dress up completely get. I admire you for doing that; I guess I have never been brave enough to do it much.

Girl,

It is scary at first but once you take that first step out into the world completely dressed you will wonder what took you so long. It really is an wonderful experience and the reactions that you get really are not that bad at all.

Try it, you will like it.

Huggs
Melissa

Christina Louise
01-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Your wife's opinion is the only one that you need to consider and if she's ok with it then to hell with everyone else. Keep on doing what you feel comfortable with and enjoy it - it sounds fun.

StacyCD
01-14-2008, 03:53 PM
If it doesn't bother your wife then it shouldn't bother you. Most people are really too busy to make a fuss. Just 'blend in' and you will probably reach a new level of enjoyment of dressing!

Margot
01-14-2008, 04:54 PM
I do the same thing. I have nice girlie sweaters and jeans which I wear. I wear light makeup including skin toned lipstick. I seem to fit in. I too do not have the nerve to wear dresses, wig and heavy makeup. I still feel great dressing the way I do when I'm out.
:hugs:
Margot

Shannen
01-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Role reversal? Does she hold the door for you? :heehee:

Seriously... is it just clothes, or actions also that become more feminine for you?

Also, I agree that wearing female clothing generally doesn't create much of a stir. I enjoy wearing both tops and jeans with the buttons/zippers going the wrong way. Lots of men wear pastel colored polo shirts, but they don't all have 7 small buttons with the buttons on the left side like mine!! :D

When I scrounge through the racks of jeans and shorts at Goodwill, I first check to see if they have the zipper going the "female" way before I consider them for a purchase. It's getting harder to find a properly made pair of female jeans!

So, how many people check out my but and see a decorated back pocket and/or Chic label? Not very many at all it seems.

-Shannen

vikki2020
01-15-2008, 12:38 AM
I think it's great that your both happy going out "role reversed"!Can't ask for much more than that--keep havin' fun!

Angie G
01-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Well Stevie that's cool you go girl :hugs:
Angie