PDA

View Full Version : I live in interesting times...

John
01-14-2008, 03:25 PM
...and it's going to hell in a handbasket.

All havoc broke lose over dinner tonight (really, two of the last three times I've cooked, it's ended up in a flaming row. Gods know what'll happen if I ever run my own kitchen), as it is want to do (it being the only time my brother and me willing loiyter in the vacinity of my stepdad.

He was being his usual drunk self, condisending, self important, insultive. We'd all quite clearly had enough of him, but of cause he plowed on. He was putting down education and qualificatios as they exist today and how they where so much better in his day (and idiotic thing to do. My brothers doing his GCSEs and my mums a teature). Thing is, he ran out of anything original to say years ago, so, right on the edge of my temper, I said 'yes, we've all hurd it. Several times. You need to get some new stories'. He said 'you need to get a new home'. I was trying really hard not to smack him, so missed whatever he said that set my brother off. He stormed off yelling and screaming. I went after him (as is our unspoken araingment on storming out of dinner), and found that he'd punched his light switch through the wall. My mum and stupmum (irony?) are now taking him to the hospital 'cos he may have broken his hand (my mum dosn't drive, my dad was unavailable).

I really think this is the last straw. On of the things she said to me while we where clearing the kitchen and arainging lifts to the hospital was 'I think this has gone far enough. It's time to sell up' and 'I love my husband, when he's sober, but he has and alcohol problem, and I cant live with it and what it's doing to [my brother and me]'

Myself, I'm just quietly livid.

God I need a drink.

mistunderstood
01-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Sorry to hear shit hit the fan. Hope rest of night goes well for you.:hugs:

ZenFrost
01-14-2008, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry that things exploded like that, I hope something will get worked out. :hugs:

Joanne f
01-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Sorry to hear that you have to go through this sort of thing, it is always difficult for the rest of the family when there is a member of that family who cannot take their drink to well it can cause a lot of unnecessary heart ache and pain . i hope you ,your mother and brother find a good solution to it all .

joanne

Charleen
01-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Do you have AL-ANON near by? Look them up in the phone book. It's an organisation that helps spouses and families of drunks.

kerrianna
01-14-2008, 11:58 PM
Lily has a good idea, if you guys haven't looked into it yet.

I'm sorry to hear about your family situation. It sounds too much like mine when I was growing up. Fortunately my dad provided the solution by removing himself from the picture with cirrhosis of the liver.

I hope things get better for you. I hope your mom finds the courage to look after herself and you guys. I hope your dad finds a postive way to deal with his demons one day.

John
01-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Hay, thanks guyes.

Well, my brothers hand is thankfully not broken, just brused and cut up (he's also dented a door).

Havn't had a chance to talk with my mum yet (she was fixing up david last night, and I left for work before everyone elce gets up).

On the plus side, I feel all cool and manly having just replaced the fruning of the broken lightswitch :heehee:

bi_weird
01-15-2008, 12:48 PM
*hugs* Dude sorry things are so bad. Have a brownie? Hope you figure out things soon. I'm thinking of ya.

SinthiaLee
01-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Drinking is the problem of the drinker.The down side is that it hurts the rest of us..The drunk has to want to change we cant change them.I dont think you did anything wrong,you tryed and it didnt work....trying and faling, isnt losing.....losing isnt trying!! Good luck

Nicki B
01-25-2008, 01:27 PM
When are you planning on finding your own place... :hmmm: