PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress nicer than your SO?

Linda C
01-14-2008, 04:04 PM
I have put so much time and effort into dressing lately that I feel like I have passed up my SO in wardrobe and maybe style. It's funny because she has no idea that I dress. Every morning she asks me if she looks good in her outfit and I just kind of shrug it off (she is very attractive to me.) What I would really like to do is go shopping with her and get her looking sexy as hell. She has a great fashion sense but she is lawyer and needs to dress conservative. Does anyone else have this same feeling? Linda

Ema1234 GG
01-14-2008, 04:08 PM
She has a great fashion sense but she is lawyer and needs to dress conservative.

Well then don't you think it's a bit silly to want to dress "sexy as hell". You say she has very good fashion sense, surely that should be more than enough?

But then again, she probably knows that art of dressing appropriately for the situation. :rolleyes:

Give the poor woman a break, just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same.

Sherlyn
01-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Nope!!!!... Di and I always try to be similar...casual...sexy as hell or in between :D

Linda C
01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Well then don't you think it's a bit silly to want to dress "sexy as hell". You say she has very good fashion sense, surely that should be more than enough?

But then again, she probably knows that art of dressing appropriately for the situation. :rolleyes:

Give the poor woman a break, just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else thinks the same.

Ema - You sound like her mother - just kidding. It was just a feeling that I had - you are right maybe I was just hyping myself - and I felt that as I was writing the post. I guess that it is just a fantasy of mine to dress her because she doesn't know that I dress. Thank you for keeping me in check.. :happy:

SweetCaroline
01-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm entering into a relationship with a wonderfully understanding GF and I can sincerly say I dress far more feminine than her. Tho she does dress feminine she usually wears slack or jeans, whereas I always wear skirts and dresses when going out. You can see a picture of me and her at the home page of the site I linked in my sig. We're right in the center (she's the blond in purple, I'm in the red skirt).

Deborah Jane
01-14-2008, 04:47 PM
My ex SO used to dress for the occasion, but when she "went for it" she could dress and be far sexier than i could ever dream of!!

Carroll
01-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I would have to say most of the time I do

Phoebe Reece
01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Linda, you should simply go out and buy something nice for her and make a surprise present out of it. There are some skirt suits that I think are both conservative and very sexy. My wife always gets compliments on the dresses and suits I buy for her (usually Christmas or birthday). Some of her friends have remarked on it being nice to have a husband who has a fashion sense.

Kate Simmons
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Not a snowball's chance in a volcano. If we stood side by side, she would win hands down every time.:happy:

Alice B
01-14-2008, 06:38 PM
My wife has the same profession and dresses as yours. She does know I dress, accepts it, but not in her presence. I do dress with a more sexey look than she does and would love to take her shopping for both of us and get her some more daring looks, but it is just not her style. I'm OK with it because she is very good looking as she is and I can dress for my feelings.:hugs:

SiobhanW
01-14-2008, 06:48 PM
No-one has said it yet, so I will. NEVER a good idea to compete with your GG partner over who looks the nicest dressed, or can be the most feminine, or whose makeup skills are best, or who has the most fashion sense, etc..... Almost guaranteed to turn off even the most acccepting GG about your CD'ing (assuming she knows).

Amy Hepker
01-14-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't try to dress sexy, I try to dress like a GG. I want to fit in with them not compete with them.

charlie
01-14-2008, 08:08 PM
When I dress I am going to an accepting bar that has a vast array of people, ages and type of dress. I am 58 and like to dress in shorter type of skirts, but with style. I dress to be sexy to me. My wife dresses usually very casually and frumpy, unless she is going out to be stylish. Then she is in the shortish skirt, perfectly done nails, immaculate makeup......she wins!

Kieroney
01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Bottom line, my so is a gg, she is way sexier in the cloths than me, as long as we go shopping and she stays in the dressing room and I bring her the cloths, she's far sexier. I'm still not a bad second, I guess.

Angie G
01-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Some time I do and she knows it but I could never look better then her :hugs:
Angie

Dalece
01-15-2008, 01:27 AM
I some times do. but she does not know yet.

Sarah Roberts
01-15-2008, 01:33 AM
It is hard to say.
There is know way I will ever look more feminine than my wife but i will say that my fashion sense, style and desire to wear nice outfits and heels is much more than my wife's.
She is not interested in wearing heels that often but ever since she saw me dressed she has realised how nice one looks when you wear not only nice skirts but nice slacks or jeans with a nice pair of heels.
I love my wife and she is now starting to improve on her wardrobe.
I am glad my wife found out. She has now decided to spend time on making herself feel nice. a little make up, nice outfits and she now walks more confidently.

She is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Odalisque23
01-15-2008, 01:43 AM
My S/O and I have very distinctive looks. I think she's very stylish, in her own non-trendy, vintage-but-not-retro way. She has remarkable taste in shoes, and is never less than incredibly cute. She accuses me of preferring sparkly, shiny, impractical clothes to tasteful, sensible clothes, and she just may be right. Of course, this conversation was provoked by watching a bald guy in a thrift-shop wedding dress on Jerry Springer, so I'm not sure it's a totally fair-minded assessment...

raleighbelle
01-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Linda, you should simply go out and buy something nice for her and make a surprise present out of it. There are some skirt suits that I think are both conservative and very sexy. My wife always gets compliments on the dresses and suits I buy for her (usually Christmas or birthday). Some of her friends have remarked on it being nice to have a husband who has a fashion sense.

I second that motion! It would be a great and tactful suggestion and it would be lots of fun buying it (perhaps a little something for yourself while you are at it). But I would not even try making comparisons. Imagine how most men would feel if their wife was more masculine and handsome and stronger than they were. It would not do much for their egos, and I would not even risk that with your SO. I hope you will get to tell her and be open with her soon though about your interests.

Eugenie
01-15-2008, 02:37 AM
No, I don't dress better than my wife. She remains my favourite model for dressing (except for pants :heehee:). In fact I used to recuperate some of the clothes that she didn't want anymore but that I liked very much... She always tolerated it even though she wouldn't have allowed me using her currently in use clothes.

I don't anymore since I have now a very large wardrobe...

For underwear though, I tend to have nicer ones that she has... Of course she's more interested by how comfortable they are than by the way they look :D

:hugs:
Eugenie

MJ
01-15-2008, 07:56 AM
my ex was sexy no matter what she was doing changing engine parts or special functions she sure can dress for the part far better than i ever could

il.dso
01-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Great question. I think it depends on what you mean by "nicer."
My wife hates nylon panties and pantyhose.
I love and always wear nylon panties and pantyhose.
My wife wears pants suits and casual dress clothes.
I wear dresses and business skirt suits (with a lacy slip).
My wife hates high heels.
I love high heels.
So, hard to say who dresses "nicer!"

Kiva
01-15-2008, 02:29 PM
My wife is very pretty, and I never fail to compliment her in her dress. She does ask my opinion on some things she is unsure of, and I, of course, tell her the truth. If I think she looks like a clown, I tell her..... Love the outfit honey!

Kiva

P.S. I'd never let her go out looking like a clown!

AmandaM
01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Always, she doesn't need the help.