PDA

View Full Version : ever called she / he?

wannabie
01-15-2008, 12:32 AM
I was at a CD meetup last week and I kept making the same mistake over and over again.

I was in drab at the meeting and I kept refering to the girls that were there as HE. look at him. he can barely stand in those heals. etc..

I know when someone does it to me I feel insulted, but It kept slipping out.

does it happen to you?

Kate Simmons
01-15-2008, 12:51 AM
No but sometimes I get referred to as the opposite. Pronouns are sometimes confusing in this "game". This is why I usually use the person's name if I know it.:happy:

Niya W
01-15-2008, 01:43 AM
i've been in drab and pissed when called he. Forgot i'm not dressed

sandra-leigh
01-15-2008, 02:21 AM
I was at a CD meeting last week and I kept making the same error time again. although I was in drab i keep refering to the girls that were there as HE.

Alas, it slips out for me as well, even with respect to the transgendered members of our group (who are no longer "He").

terrigurl
01-15-2008, 08:18 AM
The other day, I went to a salon for a makeover. They did my nails and my makeup. Then I went to the Avenue store to do some shopping. I had told the manager that I was coming by, so she was not surprised when I arrived. She referred to me as "she" the whole time I was there. It was wonderful!
It was not an accident; she said it to make me feel welcome.

Terri

bgirl
01-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I have been reffered to as she and honey by several SA,s (even though they know) and it makes me feel warm inside. Kind of validates how I feel at the time. There is one SA that I stop to visit sometimes. The first time I met her she said can I help you mam? As she heard my voice and realized I was a man she just stared at me for a while, becoming uncomfortable myself I asked if it bothered her waiting on a man? And she said " a man made up like that?...Sit down here honey. After she was ready, she asked want I needed, I had questions about dermablend. And she got to work. I told her I had been fighting this for years and finally decieded to live to learn and to love this part of me. So I am sure I am not your normal custumer. And she took my hand and said "Honey, inside you are just as normal as anybody else, no matter what anyone says." So from time to time, both in drag or in drab, I stop by to see this kind black woman who always has a smile for me and always tells me its ok to be who I am.

Stormgirl
01-15-2008, 06:18 PM
I hate being called a she or a her.

Dawn Marie
01-15-2008, 09:15 PM
It has been a while since I have gone out but when I did I often got called a she wether in drab or dressed. That was when I had my own hair and it was almost to my waist. If I can find a pic I'll put it up. I do like being called a she or mam when dressed, but it does not bother me if called that in drab mode either.

SandyR
01-15-2008, 09:33 PM
No, but my wife has a hard time when I call the girls on the fourm (Girls).

SandyR

Joanna0909a
01-16-2008, 12:46 AM
OMG, I love being called she/her/mam when out. Just validates who I am.

Joanna

pamela_a
01-16-2008, 02:30 AM
I've been called miss and maam and referred to as she on several occasions when not really dressed up and it sure made my day.

-Paula-

Katrina
01-16-2008, 06:22 AM
i've been in drab and pissed when called he. Forgot i'm not dressed

Its funny...I'm the same way. I hate being referred to as "he" or being called "sir". It instantly rubs me the wrong way.

Dawn Marie
01-16-2008, 03:29 PM
I use to be called she all the time, can you see why. This was me back in 1993. I finally had to cut it when I got married in 97, Then it was to my waist. Wish I still had it, I regret getting it cut.

Nicole Erin
01-16-2008, 03:38 PM
With MTF CD's, I have a hard time calling them "he" even if they are in drab.
With my sisters, I just do not see them as men. Should a girl ask me to address her as "he" then I will out of respect, but this has never been a problem. :heehee:
It just feels akward. And if I am en femme, I hate getting called "he/him".

Even in drab I tend to hate "he/him" when someone speaks of me.

And with the name, I try to use that instead of pronouns. Even saying the man name is less akward than he/him.

wannabie
01-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Even in drab I tend to hate "he/him" when someone speaks of me.

I've revised my question because some of the members didn't get it.

BTW, My question to you MlleErin is, when your in drab do you make the same mistake as I do?

EelKat
01-17-2008, 04:35 AM
I always get confused because some prefer "he" while other prefer "she" and than other prefer "he/she", I never know what to say, always afraid I'll use the wrong one :(

Vicky_Scot
01-17-2008, 05:59 AM
My wife has a problem with this.

When we are away at TV weekend she calls the ladies "he" but hey its not an intentional slur or insult. When she says it she realises and say's sorry.

But no one hold's it against her as we have to realise that probably in 95% of wives/partners lives they call men he and it is wired into the brain to do so, its all about reprogramming the mind.

Scotty
01-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Last year I probably had 3 or 4 incidents where someone was going to have someone train with me, or I would be doing something and it was always "With her"......and only once was it caught, I just smile the rest of the time...

Subconsciously maybe they know. Or someone outted me and I don't know!

Anna the Dub
01-17-2008, 06:54 PM
I haven't transitioned yet, although everyone at work knows all about me. Not that I could hide it now as it is pretty obvious when I am wearing a tee shirt. Anyway, absolutely everyone refers to me as she all the time, eventhough I am in drab. Really makes me feel nice.

Kelsy
01-17-2008, 07:03 PM
It happened to me today!!! Checking out at the lumber store and the girl says "thank you miss um I mean sir!" now I don't really look like a lady in drab but my appearence is becoming more fem all the time. It threw me for a minute then it made me smile!!:D

Kelsy