PDA

View Full Version : Womans Magazines

Chari
01-15-2008, 09:36 AM
To stay up to date on womans fashions and trends of clothes, makeup, hair styles, etc, I enjoy reading Cosmo, Elle, Vogue, In Style, and Marie Claire to name a few. Which womans magazines do you read?

Hugs2U, Chari

JoAnnDallas
01-15-2008, 09:42 AM
I had a bunch of airline points which I could trade in for magizine subscriptions. Two of the subscriptions I got is to Glamor and Cosmo Magizine. Wife asked my why I took those and I said, "To keep up to date on what is happening". I also subscribed to a GLBT magizine. The first issue I got had an article on Crossdressing in the Movies.

Kathy Renee
01-15-2008, 09:46 AM
My wife and daughter subscribe and purchase a number of magazines. Sometimes our family room looks like a doctor's office lobby. I do not have any specific magazine that I read consistently. While watching television in the evenings I will look at the magazines. They both have asked me why I look at them.

Angie G
01-15-2008, 09:54 AM
After work and helping the wife with the housework the news paper and this site I have no time for Magazines I do get to look at some of the outfits in US. :hugs:
Angie

Lisa Golightly
01-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Instyle & Glamour.

MonikaW
01-15-2008, 01:17 PM
I generally read Allure each month and sometimes Instyle and Vogue.

Deborah Jane
01-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Anything with a free gift/sample attached:happy:

charllote34
01-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Theres some good looking ladies wearing sexy things in FHM , its like killing two birds with one stone:eek:

Kiva
01-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Women's World. They have a good crossword puzzle.

Kiva

AmandaM
01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
To stay up to date on womans fashions and trends of clothes, makeup, hair styles, etc, I enjoy reading Cosmo, Elle, Vogue, In Style, and Marie Claire to name a few. Which womans magazines do you read?

Hugs2U, Chari

All of those and Glamour!

Nicole Erin
01-15-2008, 02:43 PM
I read "Figure" it is for fat girls like me.
I used to read Glamour but like any magazine, it is the same stuff every month.

I might have to check out "InStyle" just to see what the fuss is about.

sybercom11
01-15-2008, 03:18 PM
I read Shape and Fitness and Self because I love to stay in shape. And of course Playgirl for the eye candy!!!

Traci_Ann CD
01-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Ones I like to read are Soap Opera Weekly, Soap Opera Digest and these two just to keep up with some of the Hollywood gossip (US and InStyle) and Cosmo.

Mom told me once...if I ever wanted to learn about women and females...read Cosmo.

This one isn't a woman's magazine per say but I also like to read Country Weekly to keep up with the country music scene.

Sarah Rabbit
01-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I used to like browsing through the womans mags to get ideas on makeup and clothes, but found that I was becomming more and more envious of the models , there by getting depressed. Which comes back to the argument, is the fashion industry putting to much pressure on women to strive for unobtainable goals. You bet they do:rolleyes:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Tina Dixon
01-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Sorry but women magazines are sad, a lot of women I know don't even care for them.

c_colliertv
01-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Hi Chari,

I actually read a magazine called "More". You can find out more about it here
http://www.meredith.com/mediakit/more/print/

The magazine is specifically aimed at affluent women over 40 who are "with it" and still want to be stylish.

I rarely read the articles, but the ads are great, AND just about every issue comes with gift certificates for clothes from Coldwater Creek and Chico's which are both very popular clothing stores here in the Los Angeles area.

The other reason I read the magazine is that I get some really great ideas for poses for my "Christie Ann" photos. The bottom line is that you can't look girlie in your photos if you continue to pose like a man - so there is some really great content there.

Interestingly, my wife got the subscription as a gift, and I read it more than she does - Gee I wonder why?

Hugs,

Christie Ann

charlie
01-15-2008, 04:49 PM
I read women's magazines on the plane. I have an hour flight about every two weeks. The flight zooms by and I study how to apply makeup, what makeup to buy and get lots of great pictures of great looking ladies!

Chiana
01-15-2008, 05:56 PM
I used to have a subscription to Elle.

Stormgirl
01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
No thanks,don't read any of that "stuff."

Katrina
01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Whenever I have a chance, I read my SO's Cosmo. She reads a bunch of other ones and I'll look at them too, but the Cosmo is my fave.

Deanna2
01-15-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't read them to stay up to date, but they are a lot more interesting than motor mags.

Melissa A.
01-15-2008, 08:31 PM
You girls must check out Lucky magazine. It is exclusively devoted to shopping and style. It's helped me so much. No articles about Oprah, or why he doesn't want to share his feelings, or sex questionaires. Just clothes, makeup, shoes, fragrances, jewelry, skin care, and everything else about style and fashion and where to get it. It's not meant for us, but it should have been! I subscribe.

www.luckymag.com

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

JessieLynn
01-15-2008, 10:56 PM
I like to read Self, Fitness, some special issues from Oxygen, and to keep up with style and makeup tips I like Allure and Instyle

Joy Carter
01-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Anyone know of a magazine that has both woodworking and makeup tips ? OK just ignore me. :rolleyes:

trannie T
01-15-2008, 11:30 PM
I subscribe to many magazines from Autoweek to the New Yorker, the only gender specific one I read is Allure, good makeup tips no Brittney stories.

rachel_rachel
01-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Commonly known as "trash" mags..

Why bother? seriously... there's a picture of Britney or Katie on the cover of everyone of them.. and very little important info. Oh how to look like Paris or the Olsen twins... Yeah ok.

I just have to go around the bigger shopping centres to find out the latest trends and styles.

Kelsy
01-16-2008, 07:07 AM
I like my Lucky mag all fashion and shopping tips, Cosmo, Vogue and a local shopping mag called Lola My wife reads Mens health and GQ go figure:heehee:

Kelsy

KeriB
01-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Elle, Vogue, Vanity Fair... not only do I enjoy the fashion, I review the images for ideas to help with my fashion photoshoots.. now if I could be in front of the camera..... !

Shaquani
01-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I signed up for 3 complimentary issues of VivMag, the world's first fully digital woman's magazine. Check it out at www.vivmag.com, it's really a great concept and very well done. :thumbsup:

Shaquani