PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off while traveling

breanna53
01-15-2008, 06:15 PM
My job requires that i travel extensively. I do not dress or bring any of Bree's clothes with me when i travel. But i do bring wrinkle cream and moisturizer with me. I use them every day. Anyway while in WV, i had a pack of cigarettes and my Aveeno moisturizer stolen. The ciggs did not bother me as much as the Aveeno. At 14 dollars a bottle i was upset. The Aveeno i left on the dresser, and the ciggs were under my suitcase, which means someone went thru my things. Makes me wonder about some people. Why steal the aveeno and not the laptop i left in my room ?

Deanna2
01-15-2008, 08:02 PM
I guess some things have more value than others.

Shelly Preston
01-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Some things are less likely to cause a big investigation

Katrina
01-15-2008, 08:12 PM
They probably thought you wouldn't complain about lower cost items. You'd surely complain about a missing laptop.

Melissa A.
01-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, it sounds like a hotel employee who figured you may not even miss those items. Pretty pitiful. I guess it could have been worse. Your laptop could be gone. I know what you mean about the moisturizer, though. I get Hydroderm delivered, and it ain't cheap.

hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Dawn Marie
01-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Someone had a dying need for a cigerette and just had to do something about there wrinkles.

Angie G
01-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Takes all kinds hun :hugs:
Angie

Dalece
01-16-2008, 02:55 AM
I've heard other stories of people missing things from hotels like that, Just be thankful it wasn't money or credit cards.

JaytoJillian
01-16-2008, 03:06 AM
Lowest were the movers who stole my 5 year-old's piggy bank. Granted, she did have about $100 in there, but dang, the nerve!

sterling12
01-16-2008, 04:15 AM
I really hope you made a complaint to Management. About a year ago, I had a pair of dress shoes stolen. The answer I got from the clerk: "We can't do anything about it, and none of us speak Spanish." In addition to being racist, and a stupid answer, really got me angry.

Obviously I will never use that particular motel chain again. Hint: They had something to do with "Quality.".......not!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Emily Ann Brown
01-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Laptop is harder to hide than a bottle of moisturizer hun.

Emily Ann

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey I think that Karen Hutton gets to West Virginia for her job so maybe she was around and needed some moisturizer, it probably went to a crossdresser since most GG's wouldn't use someone elses products. I think???? By the way where has Karen gotten to, I haven't seen any post's from her recently?

Mariah
01-16-2008, 11:38 AM
and people wonder why I hate living in WV.

keris

SiobhanW
01-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Never had anything pinched while on travel. And I've traveled a lot over the years.

Have had the maid fold up and put away all the girly things I've absent mindedly left on the bed when I've chased out of the room to a meeting before (bless her) - Clarion Hotel, Sacramento (a part of the Quality Hotels chain as it happens).