PDA

View Full Version : would you?

staxscd
01-16-2008, 03:49 AM
walk around the house in a dress or skirt if you had young kids? i cant do it myself it feels wrong, but does anyone feel that free and not worry about the side effects?

Dawn Marie
01-16-2008, 03:58 AM
I have two young children, ages 7 and 9 , and I would not expose them to my dressing, they are too impressionable at this young age.

Eugenie
01-16-2008, 04:06 AM
Well, in my case it is a bit late to walk "en femme" with my kids around : they are both in their mid thirties.

One thing I can say, though, is that after I came out to them, a year ago, they said it was OK but also said that they didn't feel like seeing me dressed "en femme".

I know a couple who decided to be open with their young children about the crossdressing of the father.

Inside the family nucleus, things are nice and easy, they don't seem to have difficulties in front of a behavior that is very open and presented in a positive manner. They also understood that it was not something to talk about in public.

But one problem for the children is indeed the heavy burden of living with such a secret in relation to other members of the family and to other people, for example school buddies...

As an example, the recent coming out of their father to the grand parents was perceived as a great relief by the children.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Kate Simmons
01-16-2008, 04:09 AM
Nope.:happy:

Khriss
01-16-2008, 04:09 AM
If You live in "Scottland" parts of India .. etc ...
as allways "social morays " should win out eh ??

Dee Jay
01-16-2008, 04:10 AM
Ooh another good one...

I have a 7 year old son. I don't crossdress in front of him.
I feel it is wrong to hide it from him, but I also feel it's wrong to let him see me dressed. Confused....?

We have friends who are a lesbian couple. They have a wonderful daughter. She's gorgeous, bright, happy and has a lot of male admirerers.
She's 18 and very much hetrosexual.
She grew up with two mums, so it's natural to her. She's fine with it and so are all her friends etc.

I'm thinking that if CDs were to dress as they want when their children are young, then they grow up with it and it becomes normal.
The problem is when they are in school they might mention it to their friends and that's when the problems can start.

I hate hiding my CDing from him. I'm sure that if we were to explain that I like to dress an ladies clothes, he would understand.
He's very bright, in fact overly so, so this would be OK. He takes stuff in, thinks it over, and then makes a decision.
He's a pretty cool kid when it comes to understanding that some people are different..
My worry is what would happen if he told his friends?
Kids can be very cruel.

So I hide it. One day he'll know. I hope it's because we've told him rather than he's caught me.
I love my little boy and I hate having secrets from him.

DJ

Slip Affinity
01-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Plain and simple ... no.

newtothelife
01-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Nope, not a chance, never happen. My children are 16 and 11 and I would not want to go into the details and questions at that age. maybe when they are older.

Kelsy
01-16-2008, 08:00 AM
I think that would be unwise with young children. remember kids say the darndest things. So unless you want to come out soon or get a visit from the authorities. It might be wise to wait until they are mature enough to understand and handle it!

Kelsy

Carroll
01-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes. I have been for a while. I have two children 6 and 8. My wife and I decided that it would do no harm. We feel that our children will be more open-minded about the world. They both understand that it is a private thing, but not a secret. My daughter, the 6y old has even asked if I was going to wear a dress and hair one day day. I told her no. She looked at me and said "OK, but if you want to its OK"

So unless you want to come out soon or get a visit from the authorities.

The authorities can do absolutely nothing about it. As a matter of fact, when my wife took a bunch of pills with the kids home, child protective services had to be involved. They asked my children questions and one of them mentioned I dressed. CPS asked me about it, I said yes I do. CPS decided that I was doing nothing wrong, and was happy that I was not hiding it from my kids. My daughter has a counselor she goes to due to a form of autism (PDD-NOS), and was grateful we are raising our kids to be open-minded. I have found no one that objects to me dressing in front of my kids after I explain that we don't feel its right to hide this from my children.
Look at it this way, if I were to hide it, and then tell than I dress when they are much older, that chances are greater they will reject me.

Carroll

dianarg
01-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Lol, I even feel bad when my kitty is watching.

Angie G
01-16-2008, 09:49 AM
My kids are grown and out of the house when they were home not even my wife knew.
She knows now but not the kids It she had known back ther I still would not have dressed in frount of them. :hugs:
Angie

KeriB
01-16-2008, 10:10 AM
That's one of those solid lines unfortunately.... nope....

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Well yes if my kids were too young to know the difference I think it would be the right thing to start them out knowing about it. Of course that's if I was wanting to be totally out about it because it would surely get out. It would be kind of hard to keep the secret and would send the wrong message to your kids that it needs to be secret outside the family circle. I do believe that it would not be harmful to the children to grow up knowing this and would probably serve to make them more rounded adults.
I have not come out to my kids, all grown up now so that's my disclaimer, I relly don't know what is good for your situation but I would support the concept if I had things to do over again.
My take is that I do wish that I was out for the last 40 years so that life would have a different set of problems for me. I would be out completely if I copuld get in a time machine and go back in time and change the way I approached this.

Lora Olivia
01-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Well to some extent i have to say yes....they have not and at this point will not see me totally enfemme. That being said they have seen me in my night shirt also my toenails are always painted and they see that but then i don't hide that from anyone.

ps. Grandaughters

docrobbysherry
01-16-2008, 11:14 AM
I have a 13 year old part time. Sherry only visits me when my daughter isn't here.
RS

vikki2020
01-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Never. Not gonna happen.

Lidia_tv
01-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I am single, no kids, but if I had them, no, I wouldn't dress in front of them.

AmandaM
01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
What would the Fresh Prince say, "Hell, nah!".

Mitch23
01-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't in front of my 11 year old son and have no plans to do so

mitch

Sandra
01-16-2008, 12:26 PM
If you don't want to be outed then I would say a definite no, young kids will come out with things. This is why Nigella didn't when our daughter was young (she was told when she was 14) and not long after that Nigella came out.

If your not bothered then I see no reason why you shouldn't wear female clothes around the kids, tell them that you like to wear clothes like mum does.

Kids are a lot more accepting than adults and I'm sure it doesn't scar them, they grow up hope fully more open minded knowing that people are different.

Natasha1974
01-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Nope, not a chance, especially with two boys 8yrs and 2yrs.

Linda C
01-16-2008, 01:28 PM
I have a 10 month old child and once in while I do a few things front of him dressed - but I remove my wig - so as not freak him out to bad. I think that I dressing more lately because I know that I will have to stop soon - when he gets to the age remembrance. Anything older - no way for me.

SiobhanW
01-16-2008, 01:51 PM
Lol, I even feel bad when my kitty is watching.

Me too. It also freaks him out, especially the click of heels on the wood floors.

tim sar
01-16-2008, 02:18 PM
:happy:After much thought, we decided it isn't the right thing to do in front of children. We don't have any children but we wouldn't feel comfortable wearing women's clothing in front of them. We feel it's something private (unless you're brave enough to venture outside), and something we like to keep to ourselves. We also appreciate that everyone has their own opinion and wish those who have dressed in front of their children all the love and luck in the world.

Nicole Erin
01-16-2008, 02:31 PM
My 11 yr old has not seen me fully dressed.
I don't really plan on talking to him about it or showing him.

He knows I dress cause my wife bitches about it on a semi-regular basis.

Seems most of us with younger kids would not prefer their kids see it.

My son asksw me many questions but has never brought up Erin. I wouldn't know where to begin if he did, but I would not lie to him.

I don't imagine most kids would bring it up at school or with their friends cause they somehow know they would catch sh^t.

NatalieBliss
01-19-2008, 05:40 PM
I would not do that.

Francine
01-19-2008, 05:49 PM
No. Not ready for that.

Francine

Stargirl
01-19-2008, 05:59 PM
If I were a child, myself, I wonder how I would feel about Daddy Or Mommy crossdressing. It would all depend upon how I was raised with it. Society is so phobic about anything "outside the box". I would like to be able to stand up as a 4 year old, and say "To hell with society" (having hopefully learned to say that from a wonderful crossdressing grand dad.) Of course, I am a dreamer. It's all but impossible to find people who live so freely. Well, perhaps Naturists (nudists). What an ideal life. A family of crossdressing nudists. I want my own private village. I have no children, but if I did, I would probably educate them a little at a time, and teach them tolerance for people who are different.

jamie55
01-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I have revealed myself to all my children and grandchildren too. The underlying problem with my wife was the years of hiding (lieing by omission) and in order to balance that I've decided not to hide anything from anyone that has an important role in my life. Besides if we (the whole tg community)are to educate john q public, what better place to start than with our own families.?

Jennifer Giovannetta
01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
No. I would not expose my children to my dressing. Im pretty firm on that.

Stephanie Scott
01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm surprised by all the absolute NO answers to this question. I have 2 kids, 7 and 8, 1 boy and 1 girl, and I crossdress in front of them once every month or so. We explained how important it is to keep within the family, and they have not violated that trust. If they did, well, I wouldn't deny it, but we don't have to share everything about our lives with others, do we? But they are old enough to understand not to say anything.

My dressing has not affected them in the least. My son is all boy and is not interested in following in my high heeled footsteps, and my girl likes to play tea party. I have explained to them that I am still their daddy, and I won't stop even when I'm pretending.

Perhaps someone has seen this and posted it before, but I just found it. It is a non-scientific academic paper on the impact of a father's crossdressing on his children. Might be mildly useful.

THE LIVED EXPERIENCES OF ADULT CHILDREN OF CROSSDRESSING
FATHERS: A RETROSPECTIVE ACCOUNT
by
ALLISON M. J. REISBIG
B.S., Emporia State University, 1999
M.S., Kansas State University, 2002
AN ABSTRACT OF A DISSERTATION
submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY
School of Family Studies and Human Services
College of Human Ecology
KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY
Manhattan, Kansas

http://krex.k-state.edu/dspace/bitst...eisbig2007.pdf

Stephanie Scott
01-19-2008, 07:51 PM
And just to follow up:

My kids saw "Stephanie" by accident, when my wife forgot to "phone home" first (!), although I had told them I liked to sometimes pretend to be a girl by dressing up. I didn't quite make it to my room before my daughter saw a glimpse of me.

When we sat down to talk to them about it, the ONLY problem they expressed having with it was that I wanted to dress secretly and NOT include THEM! (My wife dressed up in one of my suits and came into my son's bedroom for this talk with me! I LOVE that woman!).

They don't care about the dressing; when young, I think they understand it better anyway, and the sooner it is incorporated into their lives, the easier it is for them to live with it always and have it just be a "normal" part of their lives. Plus, it's a great way to teach them about acceptance of others regardless of their quirks, clothing, color of skin, gender, and other immutable, amoral characteristics.

I have taken great pains to tell them that while it is fun to dress up and pretend, men and women and boys and girls are different and often have different functions in life. There is a right time and place for everything (including playing dress up and pretending), and a wrong time for things as well. I try to show my son (and daughter) that a man is very important to his family by protecting and providing for them and leading them spiritually. We are teaching him to be a gentleman and respect women.

My wife and I take turns having "dates" with each of our kids to demonstrate how they should act in those situations. When I take my son to a football game, it's ok to act differently than he would would he goes with his mom to dinner. Same thing with my daughter. (This will hopefully serve them well in their later actual dating lives).

It's all about balance and acting approriately for a given situation. They know there are people who don't approve of what I do, too (which they don't like/agree with), but I tell them that that disapproval of others is more often attributable to ignorance and misunderstanding than to evil or malicious intent (but not always).

So I actually think it's a GREAT idea to tell your kids (in the 6-10 yr old age range) (assuming your spouse knows and accepts this and also agrees with you on this subject of telling your kids). You'll be surprised I think about how easy it is, how well they will react, and how much it will enrich your life.

Every few weeks my daughter asks me to "dress up," I can talk to her about clothes and makeup and jewelry with some understanding/authority (how many other dads can do that?), and I think it will increase our closeness when she is older as a result.

I always ask my wife and kids if it's ok w/them if I dress before I do so, so they will know I respect how they might happen to feelabout it at the moment. It's all about respecting and loving one another unconditionally.

Ironically, I think the disclosure about my crossdressing has helped in my relationship with my wife AND with my kids, and even more importantly, it has enriched my relationship with God now that I am no longer ashamed and guilt ridden about it and now accept it as a gift He gave me to use to glorify Him.

Staci
01-19-2008, 07:57 PM
I would not do it.

linnea
01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
I have two young children, ages 7 and 9 , and I would not expose them to my dressing, they are too impressionable at this young age.

In most circumstances, I agree with this. Some factors that might mitigate this are such things as how often and under what conditions you dress, what kind of relationship you have with your children, what your purposes for involving them are, etc.
I did not dress in front of my children when they were that age; I still don't (except with my grown daughter) now that they are well established with their own lives, spouses, and children.

jamie55
01-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Hi linnea: kudos to you. The more they know the less they don"t know.

darla_g
01-20-2008, 01:31 AM
i think it is kind of cool about Stephanie Scott and the relationship he has with his family. and good luck! from what ive seen at some point hopefully you will not regret that.

I have never dressed in front of my kids at the request of my wife.

cdjenny20
01-20-2008, 02:00 AM
I need to add myself to the list of people who draw a strict line at dressing in front of my kids. I may be more open when they are older, but with 2 kids under the age of 7 that is not something my wife and I want to expose them to now.

T_gurl_tia
01-20-2008, 05:35 AM
im not so much worried about my own children knowing as we have a very open household.....many gay and lesbian friends and so-forth, and i think in the back of their minds they know (ages 12 and 15), but i do not dress in front of them. i think it is unfair to subject them to "my desires" and "make them" see me dressed. if word got out to their schools who knows what they would be put thru and what the "bullies" would do. so untill they are older or out of school i kind of keep things between me and my wife (who knows and is supportive)

Raychel
01-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Only if I had been dressing out in the open when they were born. My kids are now 11, 13 and 20, all boys. I would be willing to bet that they know that I crossdress. But they will never see me dolled up if I can help it.

pam867564
01-20-2008, 07:40 AM
i could never do that infront of my kids not fair to them. but my wife is a differnet story

Carroll
01-20-2008, 01:09 PM
And just to follow up:

My kids saw "Stephanie" by accident, when my wife forgot to "phone home" first (!), although I had told them I liked to sometimes pretend to be a girl by dressing up. I didn't quite make it to my room before my daughter saw a glimpse of me.

When we sat down to talk to them about it, the ONLY problem they expressed having with it was that I wanted to dress secretly and NOT include THEM! (My wife dressed up in one of my suits and came into my son's bedroom for this talk with me! I LOVE that woman!).

They don't care about the dressing; when young, I think they understand it better anyway, and the sooner it is incorporated into their lives, the easier it is for them to live with it always and have it just be a "normal" part of their lives. Plus, it's a great way to teach them about acceptance of others regardless of their quirks, clothing, color of skin, gender, and other immutable, amoral characteristics.

I have taken great pains to tell them that while it is fun to dress up and pretend, men and women and boys and girls are different and often have different functions in life. There is a right time and place for everything (including playing dress up and pretending), and a wrong time for things as well. I try to show my son (and daughter) that a man is very important to his family by protecting and providing for them and leading them spiritually. We are teaching him to be a gentleman and respect women.

My wife and I take turns having "dates" with each of our kids to demonstrate how they should act in those situations. When I take my son to a football game, it's ok to act differently than he would would he goes with his mom to dinner. Same thing with my daughter. (This will hopefully serve them well in their later actual dating lives).

It's all about balance and acting approriately for a given situation. They know there are people who don't approve of what I do, too (which they don't like/agree with), but I tell them that that disapproval of others is more often attributable to ignorance and misunderstanding than to evil or malicious intent (but not always).

So I actually think it's a GREAT idea to tell your kids (in the 6-10 yr old age range) (assuming your spouse knows and accepts this and also agrees with you on this subject of telling your kids). You'll be surprised I think about how easy it is, how well they will react, and how much it will enrich your life.

Every few weeks my daughter asks me to "dress up," I can talk to her about clothes and makeup and jewelry with some understanding/authority (how many other dads can do that?), and I think it will increase our closeness when she is older as a result.

I always ask my wife and kids if it's ok w/them if I dress before I do so, so they will know I respect how they might happen to feelabout it at the moment. It's all about respecting and loving one another unconditionally.

Ironically, I think the disclosure about my crossdressing has helped in my relationship with my wife AND with my kids, and even more importantly, it has enriched my relationship with God now that I am no longer ashamed and guilt ridden about it and now accept it as a gift He gave me to use to glorify Him.

Thank you for putting it words that I couldnt. Because we live near Ithaca, NY, we are exposed to a bit more of the LGBT communty than most others are. My children have been to a few events with crossdressers. My oldest, 8, stated that a few people were just guys with a dress and wig. I told him that they were and that is how they choose to dress. He looks at me and says "just like you, right?". He understands and respects the chooses made.

sandra-leigh
01-20-2008, 01:12 PM
What an ideal life. A family of crossdressing nudists.

I've been to a nudist camp a small number of times and liked it. I did not have any kind of general embarassment about being nude in front of other people. The hardest part was talking to the older ladies (over half the camp was senior citizens): the morals drilled in to me for so long made me feel like I was being rude to be naked in front of someone from my grandmother's generation!

If I had children, I hope that I would be courageous enough to take them to nudist camps. But the social forces that equate nudity in front of children with "take the children away for their own safety" kinds of perversion are very strong, and I don't know that I would be able to go against them, even though I do believe naturism to be a lot more emotionally healthy than "don't let children catch even a glimpse of nudity!!! but let them watch lots of casual violence."

Cross-dressing in front of children? Overall, I'd say "Yes". But if I had children and one of them somehow turned out to be somewhat closed minded even while quite young (and we must be realistic that sometimes intolerant kids come out of good homes), then I don't know what I would do. But if the kids were normally tolerant, I believe I would go ahead. On the other hand, I am "not there", this is all theory, and real families are complex... My opinion is that if you are willing to present homosexuality to your children as something to be tolerated, then presenting crossdressing as something to be tolerated is not a big step. :2c:

Adele
01-20-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm in full appreciation of Stephanie Scott and her outlook on this subject.:thumbsup:

It took me a long time to disclose my true feelings to my wife and I'd really like to tell my 10 yr old daughter. I learn't that I should have been honest from the start of our relationship. I'm sure she would be accepting however I'd worry about the position she might be in should other people find out. Having said that if she knew then she would be better prepared if others did find out.

Stargirl
01-20-2008, 01:40 PM
With society being what it is at times, I can see very much protecting children from nasty comments at school. All of us would hope to see the day when Timmy, age 6, goes to class, and says : "My dad got a new pair of yellow heels at Twombley's on sale". Caitlin replies : "So did MY DAD, and his are red".
Children love play acting, and dressing up. I was sorry to "have to" grow out of it.(I am making up for lost time) I love watching children learn to play, and get along. I feel sorry for crossdressers who live in towns full of phobic people, and churches spouting "evil homo" "Monster Muslims" sermons,etc. Being able to escape to a larger city with loving/accepting Churches, and support groups must feel wonderful. No condemnation, no whispering. Makes a person feel complete. "Evil" is, as "Evil" does. The only things shameful about the Human Body would be neglect, or disrespecting it.

JenniferR771
01-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I am not out to my own grown children. But i was at a dinner with about 15 cds and a few wives. The adult children and grand children didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Phoebe Reece
01-20-2008, 04:51 PM
My wife and I decided before our kids were born that my crossdressing would not be hidden from them. We did not want to encourage secrets in the house. So, our daughter and son grew up seeing me dressed from time to time. It was never a problem for them. They are now 32 and 28 years old and I am still just "Daddy", no matter how I am dressed.

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-20-2008, 06:02 PM
i been dressing WAY b4 my son came along

i wear pantyhose everyday and he knows it,,when he was around 5 i asked him about my dressing and all he said was he didnt want to see me fully done up, but skirts and pantyhose wer ok,,hes 13 and all boy,,as for it getting out EVERYONE i know knows i dress so its not a secret and he has not told his mom that he let it slip to his friends in school,,that boy is way smart beyond his years its scarry how smart kids r now a days..

i should add the aspect of hiding things from those who we try to teach the positive aspects of being honest and telling the truth...................

Valeries_Online
01-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Everyone has a different perspective on what is acceptable and what is honest. For myself I feel my kids have a mom and I should address them as their dad. Dressing is something special however it is also unquestionably not going to happen in front of our children. My wife and I didn't even have to discuss this. It's not a dirty or dishonest secret. We just feel it's not something they should see me do.

DeeInGeorgia
01-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I haven't yet and I may not, but the boys have seen my painted toes and fingernails. One is 11, the other 14, and the 14 shows signs of possibly being a CDer himself.

Dee

KrissyTN
01-20-2008, 09:33 PM
I have two young daughters who giggle at my painted toes....they think that Mommy is just having fun with me. They pick out toe rings for me to wear and now seeing a different color on my toes is just no big deal to them.

My wife and I recently started a discussion as to when or if they should be told. She thinks they should be told, or will come to the conclusion anyway. I don't think it's something to share at this point.

I suspect as I get to retirement age and they go off to college that I will be more inclined to dress every day. Perhaps then might be a good time.

It's a confusing issue for me sometimes, not sure if it's fair to burden either of them with it.

Krissy

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
I haven't yet and I may not, but the boys have seen my painted toes and fingernails. One is 11, the other 14, and the 14 shows signs of possibly being a CDer himself.

Dee

thats interesting Dee,,when i was 12 it sure would have helpd me if i could have had someone ANYONE to go to with why i luvd the feel of pantyhose on me,,,,

my son doesnt have the "pantyhose gene" as they say on the pantyhosediscussion forum and its fine with me,,,hes his own person who has a talent for guitar,,,taught himself thru listening to the songs how to play "enter sandman", and "paraniod" :D

Josey
01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
I agree with the majority....no,no,and no! When the children leave the nest,you then feel compelled to tell them, ok. I myself and wife both agree on this issue.

teresa jeen
01-20-2008, 10:57 PM
i have a situation that is unique. my wife and i have been married since 1999. we were married for about 6 months then got a baby of 3 months,due to a drive bye. she drove by and dropped her off!! she's been with us ever since. i have always let her see my night clothes, a nightgown and night pants. after she go's to bed it soon becomes a nightgown, dont tell her...since she was young ive told her of long-ago times. in the old days men wore these . to her its just a passage of time. throw in the garters she'd most likely freak. no need to put the pressure in them. she's very comfortable with paw paw in his night gown. now that she's getting older now she wants to borrow my gowns.

Carin
01-21-2008, 01:25 AM
Over the last couple of years we told our children ages 15 through 20 (age at time of being told). We have 3 boys, 3 girls. All appreciated being told and were very supportive (posts in my archives). The boys said that they did NOT want to see me in a skirt and lipstick etc. The girls were less concerned. They all know my clothing is female clothing and my nails are painted etc.

One daughter who is around much more than the others said she wouldn't care, and it became inconvenient to hide it from her completely. So she sees me dressed once in a while. The first time she saw me dressed she looked straight past the clothes and said "this is what makes you feel good, isn't it". She is very perceptive.

The bottom line for me is that if you know you children well enough and are connected with them well enough to know how they will deal with the information, you will know whether to tell them or not. If you don't, don't.

The same is true for being dressed in front of them.

jennCD
01-21-2008, 01:26 AM
Never...

:)
jenn

vivianann
01-21-2008, 03:34 AM
I dont think it is bad to tell the children. it will help them to underststand it easier, my daughter knows she is 12. no problem

azalea
01-21-2008, 04:22 AM
Why are you all phrasing it like, "That's not something I would do to my children. It's not right," ? You're basically acknowledging that what you're doing is wrong in some way. It's not!

I'm unmarried and don't have children, but when I get married it'll be to someone who will let me be myself, ie dress how I want to when I'm at home. When children come into the picture they'll see me like that from day one, before society has a chance to poison their minds.

Emma England
01-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Why is the majority saying never to the kids?

I do not have children of my own, but if I did I would carry on dressing before and after they were born.

It seems that many are ashamed to crossdress, when there is nothing wrong with it.

It is important to show the next generation how to be more open-minded towards this lifestyle that we have.

Erica Lauren James
01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Yes I would and yes I do. I have a 12 yr old son and a 10 yr old daughter that I have equal custody.

When my ex and I first split 5 yrs ago we told them about "daddy" then so they would have an idea as to why the split. (My ex knew before we were married) But kids are way smarter than most of us give them credit for as they already suspected that daddy like to dress up as a girl.

Children are the most open minded and non judgmental people of the human race.

My two will ask where is Erica if they don't see her after a day or two. They even ask if they can go for walks with Erica.

There mom will always ask my daughter if she is sure it's ok with seeing Erica and here reply is "yes it's just stuff, it's still daddy underneath"

My daughter can't wait until she gets to my size so we can share all my stuff. She also hopes her feet only grow to a ladies size 7

She has also told her mom that Daddy will be helping her pick out her prom and wedding dresses when those times come.

As for them telling anyone, so what! as my son has told a few of his friends and they are no different to me afterwards.

Lastly, if we want our kids to be comfortable to come to us with anything that is on their mind(not keep things from us) They can't feel that youi are keeping a secret from them.
Honesty and openness is the best policy in my mind!!

Blessings

Erica

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-21-2008, 11:03 AM
thank you Erica u hit it right on the head :D :love:

we want our children to be honest and yet "we" hide cding like its wrong..

how do u all feel about nudist families????? (just ripped the lid off a barrel of worms)

at least cding ur coverd :p

Emma England
01-21-2008, 01:56 PM

how do u all feel about nudist families????? (just ripped the lid off a barrel of worms)

Nudism is ok in a restricted area (i.e. in designated areas away from the general public so as not to shock anyone).

Personally being nude is not my thing, but I have nothing against it at all.

Cindi Ann Kelly
01-21-2008, 02:28 PM
No!!!

cindi ann

shauna 9
01-24-2008, 11:23 AM
my 4yrs son seeing me wear panties everyday and he knows it.

Merry
01-24-2008, 11:41 AM
At though I'm no kids, but I think in a dress show to them is not good.

LizSummers
01-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm more into skirts and high heels - a skirt with trainers/sneakers would look fine - I don't think I'd hide dressing like that from my future children, though they don't really need to see me completely dressed up - it's rare that I do that anyway :)

Kathy Marie
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
The wife and kids don't know so the answer for now is no.

Krystyn
01-24-2008, 06:12 PM
No...not until they're ready...when's ready...I don't know but they're (four kids) still too young and I'm still too chicken.

I dressed in front of my dogs once and they went crazy,when I walked out of the bathroom dressed...they barked for a half an hour.

Krystyn

KittenKraske
03-05-2008, 02:43 PM
I do in fact walk around the house in front of my two boys wearing a skirt, I dres completely as Kitten most of the time at home. Lately I have been doing it when I go out too so it would be hard to hide it from them as I get dressed around them anyway. My fiancee and I believe that it is important to be true to ourselves around our children so that they learn that it is important that they are true to themselves. Our biggest fear is not that it will negatively affect them to see me en femme, it is that if we hide it that they will feel that we did not trust them enough to be honest with them. Also if they discovered that I had hidden my preferences that they will feel that they should also hide things from the world that society deems inappropriate. This is not a belief that either of us wants to nuture in our children. I personally feel that children are completely capable of determining for themselves what they do or don't feel comfortable doing and my dressing en femme will not affect their own natural inclinations to be little boys, or little girls for that matter. I would add that I will not dress en femme around them if they express that it makes them uncomfortable, and if there were to be negative impacts on their lives because of it. So far I have had great support and I will continue on the path laid before me until I see/hear otherwise.

Nudism is kind of a touchy subject, our boys are naked most of the day and we often will sit around with them watching movies or what not. We also sleep naked so there is always that. I think the boundries are more in the case of touching eachother. We make it clear that moms parts and dads parts and the kids parts are off limits. We indicate that we don't want them sitting on us without pants and if there is any undue interest in our privates we either indicate discomfort or outright get dressed and say that we are not comfortable. The boys seem to get it and after the initial period of newness they have learned personal space, at least in the sense of not trying to touch us where we don't want them too. As they get older I don't imagine they will be as comfortable with it, and if this is the case we will stop doing it in their company. But who knows, it has been the status quo for so long they may well not even care, besides they have the same bits that I do so it seems to me that it will help them to understand their own bodies to see how we treat our bodies, kind of a really early gender education program.:battingeyelashes:

JoAnnDallas
03-05-2008, 03:43 PM
My son knows I have acylic nails, lady hanes t-shirts/shorts, pink/green sandels, and polish my toes. Same with my older sister. My older sister once told my wife that she should not let me wear fem clothing. Wife told my older sister that it was OK with her. Older sister dropped the issue after that. My older sister doesn't know that I get all dressed up and go out dressed. Same for my son. Neither live in Dallas and when I retire we plan on moving back to Virginia, so will be even further away.
IMHO, if you have kids at home and are in their teens (15+), then I would think they are old enough to handle it to your wishes. Girls tend to handle this better than boys do.