PDA

View Full Version : Does our dressing mimic Mommy?

helenr
01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
I reflect on my choice of ladies wear and I notice that I like wearing , among other things, pantyhose with some lyrca in it--my sister hates this style-like the 100% nylon. I like the slight grip the lycra provides. I wear Hanes Silk Reflections 7 days a week. I reflected that perhaps I favor this style as my late mother too liked this 'feel'. I wonder if this is a form of 'mimicing Mommy' and wonder what others feel/think? best, Helenr

KeriB
01-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Yes, definitely an "older maternal" look was the influence - heavy support girdles, longline bras that sort of thing, with dresses. Now I really want to be trendy, sporty even, probably a reflection of wanting to go out in public and trying to be as passable as I might.. that is the end goal for me now - just don't know when I'll hit it!

Eugenie
01-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Indeed, I was pretty much mimicing "Mommy", that is, up until I did my coming out to a friend, female at birth, who guided me through an evolution towards a more modern style... We went several times shopping together (I was in drab mode) and she recommended some of the clothes I now wear.

Immitating Mommy's style seems to be a natural thing to do, after all she was our first feminine model... From the mother model which dates from the mid 1950s early 1960s, I've kept an interest in somewhat out-of-fashion girdles which I indulge wearing from time to time...

But by and large, I don't use Mommy's model anymore.

:hugs:
Eugenie

docrobbysherry
01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Many CD's seem to want a more feminine figure. I certainly do. The more hourglass, the better. To that end, tite girdles, corsets, hose, panties, bras help a lot. Plus, I LOVE tite things, the titer the better! If I can barely breath, that's perfect! Maybe younger CD's don't care for this look?

To answer the question:
As I only recently started CDing, I have no idea what my ancient mom used to wear back in her heyday.
RS

Odalisque23
01-16-2008, 11:33 AM
If by "Mommy," you mean "The New York Dolls."

However, as I get more and more competent with dressing/makeup/etc., I've noticed (kinda distressingly) that I look more and more like my mother when I'm en femme. Anyone else get this feeling when they look in the mirror?

Reana
01-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Not even close. My tastefully dressed mother would never have dressed the way I do. :naughty

Deborah Jane
01-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I,m more likely to mimic the local hooker.:heehee:

SiobhanW
01-16-2008, 01:48 PM
Not a chance. My mother has always had HORRIBLE and TACKY (even ****TY) tastes when it comes to clothes. :2c:

Even up to a couple of years ago (she's now in her 60s) she thought that spandex and lurex should be a central part of any woman's wardrobe. Perhaps she should have been the T-Girl. :heehee:

chrissietoo
01-16-2008, 03:10 PM
she had pedestrian taste in lingerie (white cotton), boring hair and not much style in clothing :lame:

....but she liked quality fabrics from natural materials, and sensuous fabrics! :doll:

chrissie

Carol A
01-16-2008, 05:19 PM
At the age of 14 my mother told me to dress and be a proper lady at all times. To this day I have a wife who tells me the same thing. If your going to do it, do it right and dress your age. :love:

linnea
01-16-2008, 11:29 PM
Earlier in my CD life, I chose clothes--everything from underwear to shoes--that probably would have fit my mother's style, but as I have grown in my own sense of self and expression, I do that far less. I was my mother's child, of course, so there is bound to have been some influence. My mother wanted a girl, but she never had one among the three children she bore. She did not treat me in an effeminate way, except on a couple of occasions and with one clothing choice she imposed on me throughout my elementary school years.

Kate Simmons
01-17-2008, 12:13 AM
While I do resemble my Mom in some of my looks, it takes a hell of a lot more make up for me to pull it off :heehee:. She never wore anything but lipstick (didn't need to really) and she always looked really nice when she dressed up. We both have an affinity for nice clothes but she could look nice with very little effort.:happy: