PDA

View Full Version : Horrified.

Shelly67
01-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Since coming to terms with my femanine side , recently I,ve noticed I seem much calmer in my day to day life . I don,t mean just whilst enfemme either . All my working life , I,ve been in a very male enviroment factories , assembly lines , - even a slaughter house , and it,s been a tough way to make a living sometimes . Well , I,ve always been a hands on type of guy , never frightened of hard work , or getting my hands dirty in the process . I,m a team player - working with other men , and have always taken pride in the fact that i try not to moan , lose my cool and generally make the best of a hard task , keeping jovial and easy going . I remember in my younger days being full of beans being loud and aggressive in my worktimes joining in with the usual foul mouthed banter . That seems like a long time ago now . It seems almost like another person.......
Well ,like I said in the beggining , I,ve chilled right out ( with age and maturity ) and I feel so much more at ease with myself for confronting and accepting my femanine side . Sadly , today tho my maleness , aggression , and temper almost surfaced at work ( for reasons I wont go into ) which left me horrified .
It takes an awful lot for me to shown angst ( Librans like to stay balanced ) but it all came out in a stark reality to remind me I,m very much male . Thank goodness I took the time to step back , cool down , count to ten , and not let my feelings show anymore .
And do you know what .....? I absolutely hated getting into this frame of mind . i disliked the fact that another man had made me feel this way .

After some deep thinking earlier , I realised ,in short I much prefer the gentleness of feeling femanine . it also had me thinking how on earth do some folks get off on contact sports be it boxing , karate or the like .
Its a personal choice , I suppose , but for me ...well , Im horrified by aggressiveness.........am I alone ??

End of sermonn .

Linda C
01-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Gonna keep it short - good for you - have you noticed that many of the people on this site are past 30 - 35? Why do you think Scotch (or Whiskey) tastes so good after 21 years? It's natural!! You will still get pissed off and want to beat someone down too! That's just being a dude no matter how old you are .. :devil:

Andine
01-16-2008, 05:00 PM
The definition of frustration is :-

The inability to kill some ba**ard who desperately deserves it!!

Know how you felt .... Self control is a silver lining!

I had a run in with a girl at the front desk of a medical centre yesterday ... She said it wasn't her problem and I should go elsewhere. I went to see the other entity concerned, and sorted stuff out with a nice and understanding lady, and then had to come back to the medical centre.
The young one noticed me ... " can I help you ?" ...... "No ... you have already proven that you are unwilling to try ... I'd like to see your supevisor !"

That shut her up!! She went bright red and I smiled sweetly at her .

regards

Carol A
01-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Sorry all, I have seen to much death in my younger day and prefer to sit back in a skirt and not worry if I will live or die today.:itsok:

Marvina Martian
01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I can relate. Being a Professional athlete all my life I have always needed to be aggressive in certain aspects to get the job done. Now a few years after retiring the competitiveness has all but melted away as my feminine side is coming through. I am so much calmer and more at peace.
Although, I still have to hold myself back while in the car and some one eggs me on, but I'm learing........;)

Julie York
01-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Since when has a lack of anger, frustration and fury been a femminine trait?

(how many 'm's in that?)

There are some pretty demented women out there (just read the forum:D) and they don't get depressed about exhibiting a masculine side when they get pissed off because someone wound them up.

This stereotypical mould that we create of women is seriously irritating, not least to women. They have many stereotypical characteristics which I might even go along with but being calm in the face of arseholes isn't one I am familiar with.

docrobbysherry
01-16-2008, 07:50 PM
All u would need is to ride with me for about 15 minutes around SoCal. U mite change your minds guys mellowing with age! I'm 60!
:censor:
RS

battybattybats
01-16-2008, 08:28 PM
But don't women get angry and aggressive too?

Nicole Erin
01-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah I do not get mad as easy. I used to have a real nasty temper. Anger is not good for the health...

But yeah I guess maybe my femme side keeps me calm. THAT and my nerve meds better known as cigarettes. :heehee:
I smoke girly cigs....

But don't women get angry and aggressive too?

Yes my wife was madder than a CD with 20 runs in a brand new pair of hose the time she found some photos I had on my HDD and thought it was some girl I was dating.

JackieInPA
01-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Karate is not about aggresiveness it is about finding your inner balance, stregnthening your character, becoming the best you can be, not about kicking someones ass.

Jilmac
01-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Michelle, I have always been somewhat of a pacifist. When I was in high school I played contact sports (football and wrestling) but did poorly at both.I joined the navy so I wouldn't be drafted and sent to Viet Nam because I didn't want to kill anyone. And like you, I'm a blue collar worker. I spent over 40 years in the building trades doing all the things guys do.

I have always been a mellow person (never a bitch while en femme), but there have been situations which came close to driving me around the bend. Did I lose my cool? Yes, but I'm not proud of it. Did I regret it? Yes again. It didn't happen often but the way I see it is self defense when being confronted by someone who is a total jerk. Keep your cool girl, and try not to let the jerks of the world get to you. Luv and :hugs: Jill

Kate Simmons
01-17-2008, 01:14 AM
Geez, I dunno. Sal is more aggressive and in your face then Rich ever was. Feminine or masculine traits? Depends on the person I guess.:happy: