PDA

View Full Version : Info on Breastform Adhesives & Prep Materials

Monica Santos
01-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi all,

I have more often than not, gone braless with my breastforms. I use a spay adhesive for attachment, which often leaves a red discoloration around the attachment area. I recently came across a "prep" manufactures by Smith & Nelson. According to the customer service rep, it is applied prior to application of the adhesive & attachment and is suppose to reduce skin trauma. Does anyone have experience with this Uni-Prep? Basically, I am trying to reduce the "redness" or trauma associated to breastform attachment.

Thank-you!

Monica

sandy1975ad
01-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Hi Momica,

I do use Smith & Nelson preps ---- I think it helps ---but if I leave the forms on for more then two days there is still some red discoloration----hope this helps

Sandy

linnea
01-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Thank you for the question and for the information. I have not tried this, but I think that I will because I would like to go bra-less at times. However, I can't have redness or other marks if at all possible.

Monica Santos
01-16-2008, 11:41 PM
If you get a little redness, try Neosporin. It helps with the healing (i.e. redness). The redness is usually gone after approx 3 to 4 days. I went braless Friday and all redness was gone by Tuesday. Also, try a little talcum powder to help concel any discoloration.