PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to ask?

sara_also
01-16-2008, 06:37 PM
While chatting today with a cd friend. I mentioned that I will be dressing enfem later in the day. She asked me if I had to ask my spouse for permission. I said no, that I never ask and am wondering how many of us with a spouse or So need to ask for permission before dressing.
Just a curiosity on my part. The pics are what I put on today. For me it's like asking if it is ok to wear my tennis shoes today. Whats your opinion?

Linda C
01-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Never have - I wish that I could at some point! - Although - If you are you why would it matter? :2c:

Eugenie
01-16-2008, 06:48 PM
My wife knows and tolerates my x-dressing but doesn't want to see me "en femme". She made it very clear, so I wouldn't dare to ask...

And I don't ask, for example when I prepare for a trip, I put my feminine clothes and underwear in my suitcase without asking, trying to be rather modest about it in order not to hurt my wife's feelings.

However, my wife knows very well that I do it. Actually she told me clearly a couple of times "But, you don't have to hide and take that guilty look..."

In summary: not asking but knowing I have the permission :heehee:

:hugs:
Eugenie

sissystephanie
01-16-2008, 06:49 PM
While chatting today with a cd friend. I mentioned that I will be dressing enfem later in the day. She asked me if I had to ask my spouse for permission. I said no, that I never ask and am wondering how many of us with a spouse or So need to ask for permission before dressing.
Just a curiosity on my part. The pics are what I put on today. For me it's like asking if it is ok to wear my tennis shoes today. Whats your opinion?

Sara,

First of all, you are a lovely lady! I am jealous!

I told my late wife about my CD activites before we were married. Her response was, "do you go out in public dressed?" I told that I didn't because I was not good with my wig or makeup. She said, "well, when we are married I expect you to sometimes be my girlfriend. I will help you with the wig and makeup." We had over 49 lovely years together as husband and wife and two girl friends. The only thing I ever asked her was if my outfit looked okay. I am not colorblind, but my sense of colors together is not very good!:heehee:

BTW, your avatar says you are mature. At 75, I bet I am more mature than you!

Sissy/Stephanie

Like to look feminine, but still a man underneath the satin and lace!

Mary Jane
01-16-2008, 06:52 PM
My wife only tolerates my dressing so I only dress when she is away from home for several hours.

Stormgirl
01-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I am a bachelor so no I do not have to ask. I don't like the idea of being tied down and controlled by her.

breanna53
01-16-2008, 07:00 PM
I don't ask, my so is accepting, but there are times when its not a good idea. I think everyyone knows when something is not right with thiers wifes or so's. And out of respect for thier wishes we refrain from things that might upset them.

chelle
01-16-2008, 07:05 PM
No, I do not have to ask her. She knows and accepts me, but maybe not enought to help much.
Chelle

krisla
01-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Like others here my wife knows but also made it clear she prefers me drab. she has never seen me dressed as Kris so I never do it while she is home. It's worked for 26 years, I find other outlets for Kris to express herself.

I also never have to ask about having the outlets.

Kris

AmandaM
01-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Uh, no. It was a package deal when we started going steady and eventually married. This is what I am, I'm gonna do it, and asking me to not is like asking me to stop breathing. I police myself when the time is inappropriate.

Lora Olivia
01-16-2008, 07:24 PM
No I don't ask for permission, she knows and accepts that I am of 2 genders. She has come to like having a close girlfriend that she trusts more than any person in the world. Every time we go out together it gets a little easier and she is becoming more secure.

Liz Pepper
01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
No, I don't have to ask permission to dress. Though when I do dress, I am going out. BTW, your pics look great. Just got home from your town, was there for 8 days, and will be going back again in February for 2 weeks. My daughter lives there, so when she finds me a cheap flight, I go out to see her. She lives in the SW part of town. Maybe we can meet the next time I go out there.

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-16-2008, 07:47 PM
nope never had to ask,:D

Liz i spent 38 yrs of my life in Taylor mich,, im now in Phoenix,,a 5 hour drive from VEGAS :winking::winking:

Paula T
01-16-2008, 07:57 PM
but I usually tell her that tonight I am going gress up a little or something like that. She's not to fond of it but I usually try to scope out her mood before I even think about it. Thats not entirely true as I "think" about it lots more than I actually do it:eek:

Sinthia
01-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Well I surely wouldn't wear tennies with that outfit you have on. It looks pretty nice!

Raychel
01-16-2008, 07:59 PM
My knows about my dressing, and has said that in no uncertain terms that she never wishes to see me fully dressed. she will allow me to wear lingerie. But nothing else in her presence. So I don't have to get her permission to wear my nice underwear. But as far as the rest of the dressing, that is only allowed when she is not home. But she does make time for me sometimes. So even though I don't ask she does sort off give me permission sometimes.

Linda Z
01-16-2008, 08:19 PM
no permission asked for dressing, just for sex.:heehee:

Linda Z

Nicole Erin
01-16-2008, 08:59 PM
nope never had to ask,:D

OWP - I cannot imagine you asking anyone's permission to do anything. :devil:

But for me asking - Well I don't "ask" it is more like this - "I am going out tonight, is that going to be a problem?"

If my wife had her way, I would never dress en femme.

sara_also
01-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks to all of you girls for your replies and coments..They seem to vary greatly. I know that all of our situations are different and this just is a way of having them surface. we all live in different worlds together.
I hope all of you a great and wonderful future..:hugs:

jennylou
01-17-2008, 06:11 AM
My SO is all for me dressing but I will always ask prior to dressing. I feel it gives her a great deal of respect. Other times she'll just turn to me and tell me to "go get changed"

yms
01-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Hi

I don't ask for permission but I do like to let Lori know what my plans are so she can be in the loop, so to speak. Mostly, I want to make sure she is getting to spend enough time with "everyone." She never objects, and often joins me, but I prefer to keep the relationship one in which she has input.

Yvonne

rachel_rachel
01-17-2008, 06:31 AM
I don't have to ask if it's ok, Normally my wife will say she's going out for a few hours and will take the kids so that i can do what i want...

Sometimes she even asks me to dress for her.. Sometimes i will, most times i don't for a variety of reasons.

Joan Merrie
01-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Nope never have to ask. Sometimes she will ask me to dress.

Vicky_Scot
01-17-2008, 07:07 AM
When the kid's are at school I am free to dress when ever I wish without having to ask permission.

I always ask the missus how I look though.............:heehee:

debbeelee1
01-17-2008, 07:08 AM
No, don't have to ask. Sometime she encourages me when it's been a while. We are truck drivers and don't get home much, but when we do, a few dress up days are automatic!:hugs:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
01-17-2008, 07:20 AM
I don't HAVE to ask my S/O, but out of courtesy I normally DO to avoid conflicts with so many other things we have scheduled in our lives. Our activity calendar is completely full from February 14th on through June 1st. Then, all of August, Octobeer, and January is gone for road trips to other faires and venues for performing. Some I get to do enfemme.

Its a lot of work, but LOADS of great fun!
*hugs*
Zara

Dayna
01-17-2008, 07:42 AM
This is a wonderful topic. Like others, my wife knows everything about my crossdressing activities, but she does not want to see me dressed (in person or in pictures).

So I always ask permission, but I do it as a courtesy to her; she respects me and my need for private time, and I return the favor.

Does anyone play golf? Your wife may or may not play, maybe she has played with you once or twice, perhaps while you were on vacation... some couples just don't like playing together. Your wife knows how much you love to play, she sees your bag and your clubs, she knows when you have bought a new pair of spikes, she sees you reading 'Golf Digest'... she has to have some idea of how much $$$ you are spending on your hobby, but she doesn't harp on it, because she knows it gives you a lot of pleasure.

So, when you want to play a round on a Saturday morning, do you "ask her permission"? Do you at least tell her in advance that you are going to be playing, maybe mention who you are playing with and on which course?

I say that whenever you are cutting into time that would otherwise be spent with your wife / family, you have an obligation to ask if it is OK.

It's respect. Plain and simple. We want it, we have to give it back.

Melissa Cross
01-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Although I don't feel I have to ask my wife for permission to dress, I do let her know that I will be en femme. I do it as a courtesy to her. My wife is very supportivr of my dressing but I still feel I'm better off telling her when I am going to dress. BTW, my wife has said she would be willing to go out to the movies or to dinner with me as Melissa...I can't wait!!

Melissa