PDA

View Full Version : CD and deployment

julie08
01-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I know there are a lot of military folk out there who CD. Not that I am going to do it, but I was curious if anybody out there underdressed or crossdressed while deployed. I am heading over seas and this has been on my mind.

AmandaM
01-18-2008, 07:06 PM
I was in the military. I think you'd have to be ready to get discharged, or beaten up, or both to try this. Don't for God's Sake.

SandyR
01-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I can't offer any advice, but I wanted to say "thank you!" for defending this country. I appreicate it!

Hugs!

SandyR

Mean Green Irene
01-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Avoid dressing as best as you possibly can. I am certain the results of being caught would be horrible.

I was in the Army for seven years as a chaplains assistant. The chaplain would from time to time collect clothes for the needy. The clothes would be temporarily stored at the chapel. I would come in early or stay late and lock myself into the storeroom and have a grand time trying on anything that caught my fancy. That took place in Vietnam, the US and in Germany. I loved those times. BUT if I had been caught I would probably have been kicked out and lost my wife. Her father was an officer.

Be extremely careful!

Irene

NatalieBliss
01-19-2008, 11:54 AM
I know Ed Wood (the worst movie director of all time) underdressed in WWII. I escaped in the form of watching movies. It was a little hard to explain my growing collection of "chick flicks" but it was widely known that I was a "film buff" and that I would watch about anything. Maybe it was out a neccesity, but after a bit I kind of reveled in the manly-man mode.

I guess you'll just have to balance your urge and the risk. Just keep in mind that deployments end, so look at it this way. You don't have to buy food, pay rent or anything so save that money and take a girly-vacation when you get back!

Butterfly Bill
01-19-2008, 12:36 PM
I spent a lot of nights in hotel rooms before I found apartments to rent off-base. I kept stuff in bags that I never opened while still in the barracks. (I didn't have very many things.)

Melissa Pink
01-19-2008, 01:37 PM
I know there are a lot of military folk out there who CD. Not that I am going to do it, but I was curious if anybody out there underdressed or crossdressed while deployed. I am heading over seas and this has been on my mind.

I served in the military for a number of years. I would be very careful about crossdressing on deployment. Privacy is often an issue in an operational setting and some people aren't very tolerant of crossdressers. If you have private quarters I suppose you could have some lingerie on hand. If anyone ever found it tell them your girlfriend sent it to you :D. Mine used to hide a pair of panties in my duffel bag for me to find when I got to where my unit was assigned. But if you're in a communal type living situation, (e.g. ship's berthing, a tent or open bay barracks) I would refrain from wearing women's clothing until you have more privacy.

Be safe! Thank you for your service to our Nation in the war against terrorism. :drink:

Melissa

jarts55
01-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Thank you for your service and may the Lord in Heaven bring you back home safe and sound. I served six years and didn't do it at all when I was in. It was very hard, but I just didn't do it.

ericalynncd
01-19-2008, 01:58 PM
CDing while deployed is probably not wise. They are worried about people blackmailing you. I work in a gov. institution and they lecture us all the time about this security breach. Blah!! Please becareful overseas where ever you go. Thank you for keeping our country safe. God bless... Erica

Lois1234
01-19-2008, 03:20 PM
I served for 25 years in the military and i always brought something with me when i went on tour overseas. Obviously i wouldn't go strutting aroung the camp but when i had the oppertunity i would either under dress or slip into something for a quiet evening (with other clothes close by in case the s**t hit the fan). Nobody was any the wiser and i was cautious, so it all worked out. Now that i'm out of the army, i rarely see those guys and it's probably a good thing as they might poke fun at my long femme hair, ear rings and long finger nails...he he.

Lois.

teresa jeen
01-19-2008, 09:42 PM
i dont want to sound harsh, butt (oh heck theres that but again)in a situation like this i think that i would put my comittment and country ahead of myself. by going and doing your "thing" you are enableing us ,and you, to do what we do. thank you for your service and god bless america.

julie08
01-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks to all that replied. I just wanted to say that I never had any intentions of doing anything like that overseas. Geez, just getting caught would be the worst thing - having to deal with people that knew for 15 months with no escape. Or possibly just being outcast for 15 months with nobody to talk to. I couldn't deal with that. Now, lay awake at night and dream about it, of course I will do that. And you can bet I will be on here every day jealous of all of you.

VtVicky
01-19-2008, 11:09 PM
There are a lot of us either in the military now, or are former military. I spent 22 yrs in the AF. My experience is that the chances of getting caught increase with the deployment. Because, while in the states you have a bit more privacy. Especially if you live off base/post/station. When you deploy you will be living in much closer conditions. Getting time to yourself will be difficult. And your possessions may not be as secure as you might like. Customs will go through your bags.

And getting caught will not be pleasant. Others on this forum have written about some of their superiors knowing about them and not making a big deal about it. I would bet that that did not happen in a combat situation. During peace time, you can allow a little leeway in some things, (assuming your superiors are inclined to give you some leeway.), but when your troops are getting shot at, most officers tighten up a bit. Always remember that the thing most people are afraid of the most is the unknown. And, it is a pretty good bet that the people you work/live with don't know much about crossdressing. Therefore you become the "unknown". And with enough things all around you to be really afraid of, you don't need to be afraid of your buddies.

One more thought. I tend to crossdress recreationally. When I am very busy, or under a great deal of stress, my CDing tends to diminish. Depending on where you deploy to, you may find CDing to be the last thing on your mind. There is nothing quite like getting shot at to help you focus on the task at hand.

Good luck

Dalece
01-19-2008, 11:50 PM
I was in the military. I think you'd have to be ready to get discharged, or beaten up, or both to try this. Don't for God's Sake.

Like amanda says don,t In the navy they throw the book at you . unless well don't do I did 22yrs take it from me. Sister we want you home i one peice not in a body bag I know it sounds harse but take it from someone who has been there. after you get home put the dress back on. Please be careful and from one vet to a new Cd vet care on vet GOD speed you home safely. Hey who knows maybe being a CD could use for infiltration work. LOL . But enjoy what you can sister there is a lot to see out there enjoy what you can drink in the expirence breath differnt air. But do come home to us.

Amy07
01-20-2008, 12:01 AM
Put it on hold, focus on your work, your people, and stay safe, please. Think of the time you can have when you get back here. Thank you for being there, too!

JoAnnDallas
01-21-2008, 11:04 AM
I would say it depends on where you will be station and wheither you can live off base or not. If your going to Iraq or Afganiasn, NO WAY HOSA... If your going to Germany, Italy, Japan, or such where you may be able to live off base, then a good MABEY. Again if you have to live on base, NO WAY. But remember that CDing is treated just like Gays are in the military. No Ask, No Tell. But if you get caught it can be a DHD or GD.

serinalynn
01-21-2008, 11:18 AM
I was in the Navy for 21 years and didn't at all crossdress or underdress while I was on active duty, The risk is to great of being found out,and I would certaintly not do it while forward deployed. I did crossdress to a certain extent prior to enlisting in the Navy, and have continued to crossdress after retirement.

Bobby Anne
01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
The Army and cross dressing do not mix no matter how you slice it. In my Army time I did dress on leave in Paris,once, where no one knew me and I traveled alone. I had a private apartment off post and never dressed there. My wardrobe was kept minimal and stored in a private locker at a storage facility. I knew well the danger of mixing my passion with Army rules. You can't win

That Honorable discharge from the Army may not seem like much now, but down the road it is your ticket to many privileges not available to many non veterans and civilians. It is also your passport to your rights as a citizen....... that you can loose.

Keep your femme girl in your mind and wait it out through the deployment, which I hope is a short one.

Semper Fi,
Captain
Bobbi Anne