PDA

View Full Version : Explanations for shaved legs?

tina_cd48
01-19-2008, 05:57 PM
I really want to shave my legs, and my SO is fine with it. Unfortunately, I need an excuse in case I have to go to the doctor, or if I want to go for a massage (the non-sexual regular kind with my regular masseur) and don't want them to figure out why. I'm not a bicycle racer or swimmer.

Anyone have suggestions?

Daintre
01-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Tina, as long as your SO is OK with the shaving, then go for it. Doctors really do not concern themselves with the fact you have shaved legs, many of us here do and I myself always wear panties to the Doctors. I have seen many a Doctor and never received a comment on either.

Jackie67
01-19-2008, 06:11 PM
I say go for it nobody really cares, been shaving mine for years and hacve had no comment one way or the other.:heehee:
GITT'ER DONE

Deborah Jane
01-19-2008, 06:11 PM
When i got asked why i shaved my legs by a friend, i just said "coz i like too". What could he say!! It,s my life, my body, i do what i want!:happy:

Eugenie
01-19-2008, 06:18 PM
I really want to shave my legs, and my SO is fine with it. Unfortunately, I need an excuse in case I have to go to the doctor, or if I want to go for a massage (the non-sexual regular kind with my regular masseur) and don't want them to figure out why. I'm not a bicycle racer or swimmer.

Anyone have suggestions?
The only person who really complained when I started shaving my legs and torso was my wife. She got really mad at me... Now it is tolerated... But if your wife is OK with it, I don't see the problem...

I've seen several doctors, they didn't even make a comment on my shaves body. In addition medical Doctors are bound by an oath of confidentiality... So you wouldn't risk an unwanted coming out.

With your regular masseur, what is the risk? Can't you just say that you tried to shave your legs for fun and that ever since you so much enjoyed the feeling of you smooth skin that you kept shaving. Why not ask him if it isn't nicer for him to massage your legs now?

:hugs:
Eugenie

Lilith Moon
01-19-2008, 06:18 PM
I recently went for a full cardio examination with a shaved chest, shaved legs, shaved everything. Part of the examination involved placing electrodes on my leg and chest and so it would certainly have been noticed.

The examining cardiologist made no indication of seeing anything unusual. It also happens that he is a family member but I've heard nothing "around the loop" so far.

No cardio problems were found, BTW :D

Raquel June
01-19-2008, 06:30 PM
If your wife's OK with it, I don't see why you'd care that much about other people.

I'm a little neurotic and about once a year I just start feeling weird and disgusted with myself and sometimes feel like bugs are crawling all over me so I cover myself in Nair. So I've removed all the hair below my eyebrows a few times for non-crossdressing reasons ...

I don't think insanity is a more reasonable justification than wanting to look feminine, but you could always try it.

waspookie6
01-19-2008, 06:36 PM
I realize GG's should stay out of here but sharing what my DH went through that worked for him: ingrown hairs.

His would get so bad he'd have to see a doctor as infected spots on his legs, groin and chest. Once he shaved it stopped happening and no one has questioned when he says "painful ingrown hairs".

Annie D
01-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Right now, you are the only one who cares....After your legs are shaved some people may notice but will rarely say anything or give a second thought. I teach P.E., wear shorts and have shaved my legs daily for the past several years. For the first 3 months of school, I might be asked once a month if I shave my legs and I tell the truth. Very rarely do they ask why.

Do it! You'll be happy that you did.

Raquel June
01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
I realize GG's should stay out of here but sharing what my DH went through that worked for him: ingrown hairs.

His would get so bad he'd have to see a doctor as infected spots on his legs, groin and chest. Once he shaved it stopped happening and no one has questioned when he says "painful ingrown hairs".

How can shaving prevent ingrown hairs? Doesn't it just cause more?

Nicole Erin
01-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Sometimes tho morons do ask why legs are shaved. Yeah just say cause you don't like body hair.
I get asked all the time why mine are shaved. I am used to it and you will be too ;)

Sometimes tho I do throw people a curve and say "Cause hairy legs don't look good in a miniskirt"

They don't know what to think. :heehee:

waspookie6
01-19-2008, 06:52 PM
How can shaving prevent ingrown hairs? Doesn't it just cause more?

Yes, it is tricky but he shaved with the direction of the hair, not against it. That first time helped but he had a few come up, after having to spend a bit more time doing it right (also with super moisturizing shaving gel, not creme) it reduced them down to one or two every few months.

Bicyclists, wrestlers, tennis players, pretty much any sport at all or hobby that will make you sweat are shaved or waxed. Especially pro sports. I don't think asking a 300lb linebacker why he has his legs waxed comes up.

linnea
01-19-2008, 07:04 PM
There are many reasons for shaving one's legs and other body surfaces. Lots of them have nothing to do with crossdressing: competitive swimming, body building, reduction of prickly heat irritation, aesthetics. I have been shaving my legs for years, and I have never had anyone question it, not even my SO. I think that most people don't care one way or the other. If a close acquaintance notices that you have sudden gone hairless, just say that you thought that you'd try it for awhile and let it go. It really is no big deal, whether you crossdress or not.
:2c:

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-19-2008, 07:18 PM
ur body ur life

if anyone askes why ur legs r shaved ask them why they want to know,,ask them if ur shaved legs r turning them on :p:p

people dont ask me if i shave my legs till AFTER they notice im wearing pantyhose :D

shirley1
01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
its strange isnt it until i was about 25 i didnt have much body hair ie i was a late developer but i never worried about it and when i was on the beach ect knowone stared at me made fun ! now my body hair has got thicker particulary on my arms the thought i shaving it off worries me - what if people notice - why would they people that dont know you wouldnt know whether you shave or not - cyclists, bodybuilders, swimmers ect all shave - do you have to have a reason ?

paulaN
01-19-2008, 07:56 PM
Your wife is cool with it. Shave um, you will think of something when the time comes.

Katrina
01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah, if your wife is ok with it, then shave. Mine would be ok with it during the winter, but isn't thrilled with the idea when I would be around friends and family during shorts season. She also didn't like how my legs got really scratchy - my leg hair is coarse. :(

Kieroney
01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
Tell them your getting into biking,or skiing, or just go for broke like I do, and say you like the Nick Manning look.

trannie T
01-19-2008, 09:02 PM
You do not need an exccuse to shave your legs. There is nothing wrong with shaving your legs.
If anyone asks simply tell them the truth, "I prefer them this way." Or you can really mess with their minds and say "They look so much nicer when I wear a miniskirt." They will not believe you and will go away shaking their heads.
If you wish to shave your legs, shave them. As far as I know it is legal in most states.

tina_cd48
01-19-2008, 09:03 PM
The issue with the masseur is that I don't want to come out to him (he massages my teenage son, and I'm not out to my kids). I knew this was the right place to ask this question.

teresa jeen
01-19-2008, 09:13 PM
if it was a woman id have to ask her why she shaves? i personally like the feel of it, ive just started doing the arms lately anyone have any suggestions?

JaytoJillian
01-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I workout (alot). Aside from swimming, the exercises I perform are almost esclusively for the lower body. I love the feel of perspiration beeding up on my legs as I exercise. It seems like the cooling effect is much more efficient as well. None of my co-workers or anyone else at my gym has given my legs a second look. My SO is the only one who's ever given me grief. I shaved them for the first time during a beach vacation 2 years ago. She didn't notice until weeks later. My response when interrogated was, "I like the way they look and feel. And is shows off the muscle definition of my legs." She's threatened to let her leg hair grow, and I simply told her to do what she felt as it's not my body.

raleighbelle
01-19-2008, 11:38 PM
I realize GG's should stay out of here but

I'm not sure of the actual rules here, but it seems to me that your opinion and input as a GG is more than welcome and helpful here!

Rachel Morley
01-20-2008, 12:28 AM
You could say you're a swimmer or a cyclist but if you're like me, I just said that I liked the smooth tanned look on myself and also my girlfriend doesn't like hairy men (I didn't have a girlfriend at the time but they didn't know that). :happy:

SandyR
01-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Really, most don't even notice. Go for it! But if you need to make an excuse, tell them a skin condition keeps the hair from growing......

Hugs!

SandyR

HalloweenDragon
01-20-2008, 01:34 AM
My personal experience with shaving is if I shave everday, I get less ingrown hairs. As soon as I let it go more than a day or two.....omg it is itch city!

mykhelee
01-20-2008, 01:37 AM
When I have leg hair as now, it is THICK. When I do not and am asked why. I blame my girl/boy friend depending on whom I am speaking with.

MsToriJones
01-20-2008, 03:16 AM

I have found that we GGs are very welcome here....

NAIR - need I say more. Use Nair on a regular basis, it will soften the hairs too.

DO NOT use it under the arms or on the groin unless you like the red burning that results for the next 24 hours and do NOT shave after you use Nair. Use a good aloe lotion to follow up.

Eugenie
01-20-2008, 04:01 AM
The issue with the masseur is that I don't want to come out to him (he massages my teenage son, and I'm not out to my kids). I knew this was the right place to ask this question.

Tina, having shaved legs means nothing more than you like to have smooth skin... It isn't a X-dresser's coming out unless you tell him that you shave because you like to wear nylon stockings...

With regard to your concern that this masseur (assuming against my above statement that he would know that you are a x-dresser) would out you to your son, he too has a confidentiality oath...

:hugs:
Eugenie

T_gurl_tia
01-20-2008, 05:25 AM
took me a while to figure this out......nobody really gives a damn if you shave your legs!.......i work in the construction feild and in the summer months i wear shorts to work, with shaven legs......in the 4 or 5 years that i have been shaving my legs, i have recieved a total of one comment about my legs....and that was from a gay man whose house i was working on at the time and was a crossdresser himself....shave you legs and be proud.....put lotion on them and keep them silky smooth and enjoy the feeling.....and for gods sake...dont let them get stubbley. your massage therapist wont care about your legs as long as you keep paying him for his services!

bEEb
01-20-2008, 05:49 AM
On the rare occasions that I do shave...
I explain it is for when I wear latex...
The rubber sensation against my skin is smoother and doesn't pull on the hairs.

MsJoann
01-20-2008, 12:42 PM
I've been shaving my legs for about 8 years now...my whole body as well. When I'm at the beach...everyone notices because I wear black bikini bottoms. Initially there were comments made by friends and their wives. That passed after the 2nd or 3rd time they saw me. Now it's the norm for me.
I do look a little bit racy in the summer wearing ladies shorts too!!! I love it!

Jamie001
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Don't make excuses or lie. It is your body! Tell them that you like shaved legs and don't like hair, or do like I do and tell them that shaved legs feel better when I wear pantyhose and that hairy legs don't look good with my red toenails. :2c:

kellyanne
01-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Go for it - it's doubtful anyone will notice or be concerned.

For years I worried about the same thing ( I am 45 now) only to find out I know men with almost nary a hair on their legs and chest and have never raised a razor to them and are not CDs I assure you. I have shaved my chest,arms and top 1/2 of the legs for 20 years and no one says boo.

Shave em girl ! You will feel great !

TxKimberly
01-20-2008, 01:08 PM

Anyone have suggestions?

Easy - "I like it that way!"
'Nough said

Christina Louise
01-20-2008, 01:08 PM
How often has your doctor needed to look at your legs in the past?

janie2261
01-20-2008, 01:32 PM
As several people have pointed out, you don't need an excuse. Or...if you feel you really need one, use a silly or ambiguous one. I liked the one about ingrown hairs and the "my legs look better in a mini-skirt" one.

The short answer is that life is way too short to worry about what other people think. People walk around with all kinds of prejudices and beliefs, and we will make ourselves miserable if we try to conform to them. Or what we imagine them to be. Especially about something as innocuous as shaving your legs.

Go ahead and try and see how it goes. I'll bet you won't need an excuse.

I think we all try to stay within basic boundaries, like not wearing a pink bikini bottom to grocery store, but we can still be ourselves within reason. I think such things shaving your legs, wearing panties and panty hose, doing your nails, wearing long hair, etc., are all things that you can do quietly and fairly discreetly, without creating a riot.

After all, why would someone be staring at your legs?

tina_cd48
01-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Eugenie hit the concern about the masseur-what if he mentions it. I think you all are right, I'll just go for it. I've been wanting to do it for years.

Nicole Erin
01-20-2008, 01:58 PM
ur body ur life

if anyone askes why ur legs r shaved ask them why they want to know,,ask them if ur shaved legs r turning them on :p:p And I would probably say "yes..."

people dont ask me if i shave my legs till AFTER they notice im wearing pantyhose :D "...and after saying "yes" I would be like "ummm, can I feel your legs?:heehee:

Stargirl
01-20-2008, 02:07 PM
I rip my arm/leg hair off with a good silver duct tape. It weakens the roots after awhile, and as I aged, my body hair (I am a GG) thinned out. I rarely have to shave my legs or underarms. Men who shave their legs are fine with me ! Just say "I shave my legs, because the hair looks like hell under panty hose". Hee hee.

waspookie6
01-20-2008, 03:03 PM
You do not need an exccuse to shave your legs. There is nothing wrong with shaving your legs.
If anyone asks simply tell them the truth, "I prefer them this way." Or you can really mess with their minds and say "They look so much nicer when I wear a miniskirt." They will not believe you and will go away shaking their heads.
If you wish to shave your legs, shave them. As far as I know it is legal in most states.

That has a branch to acceptance too - if more men said "I prefer them this way" than anything else I tend to wonder if there would be less questions from anyone!

Duct tape? Ouch.

GG's posting in here - I've lived in the same home for 14 years. I still run into a wall and wonder, has it always been there? :heehee:

kimmy p
01-20-2008, 03:15 PM

Anyone have suggestions?

I am a Masseur, if yours is worth his salt he won't even ask. it's none of our business. If you do feel a need to explain to people, just say you don't like body hair. :D Look around a lot of guys don't have much hair. Hell if I can go all summer wearing hose, with hairless legs, in shorts..... and no one looks twice at me. Well you see where I'm going.

Monica Santos
01-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Nobody, and I mean nobody will look at you differently, other than you're probably an athlete...

Regards

Monica

Mary Morgan
01-20-2008, 04:08 PM
If they were to ask, and they won't, you could say " I like smooth legs". I have been to the doctor, to friend's homes, wherever in shorts, swimming, etc., and if anyone had a problem with it, they sure haven't given me a clue, and OBTW, if you and your wife are cool with it, then why would you let what others might think prevent you from doing something you want?

Melissa Cross
01-20-2008, 05:19 PM
I have to go along with most of the others on this issue. I have been shaving my legs for over 3 years now and moisturizing them everyday. The only person that ever said anything to me about my shaved legs was an occupational therapist when I was in the hospital while we were talking about my bicycle riding and he said "oh, is that why you shave your legs?". I said yes and never heard and the topic never came up again.

Melissa

Wendy me
01-20-2008, 06:53 PM
because i want to is enough............

Echo Logical
01-20-2008, 07:36 PM
On who is asking.

I have my scuba certification, so in the past I would mention that taking of a wetsuit that yanks your hair out really sucks.

Now I usually say that I prefer smooth legs. I have also learned that if I do not draw attention to shaved legs then most people will simply never notice.

There was once when I was in a locker room that a guy started to say something, he is a jerk and would have attempted to embarrass and harrass me about it, in front of everyone else I looked him straight in the eye and asked "What are you doing checking out my legs?" that shut him up pretty good.

I have also said that it feels so nice when my wife and I are "Leg wrestling", which also tends to shut people up as few people actually want to hear about.

The simple fact is, if you don't care, most others wont either

Jocelyn Quivers
01-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Most people never notice I've only been asked a couple of times. As far as excuses it's really no one elses business, and you do not need to really give an excuse, but if you must give one say you lost a bet with your wife and it was either shaving your legs or cleaning the house during the super bowl.

shirley1
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
i dont remember if youve got a so or not - but i shave my legs no problem you can cover them up with long trousers (i never really wear shorts anyway) but i think arms can be more of a problem caus lets face it we all wear short sleeves in the summer - i once shaved my arms and it seemed to take forever for the hairs to grow back to my comfort male zone - i was constantly pulling my long sleeved jumpers tshirts ect down over my wrists ! but i am single so knowone sees my legs so no problem shave anytime !

Michelle PJ
01-20-2008, 11:27 PM
love your avatar!

Michelle PJ
01-20-2008, 11:29 PM
As several people have pointed out, you don't need an excuse. Or...if you feel you really need one, use a silly or ambiguous one. I liked the one about ingrown hairs and the "my legs look better in a mini-skirt" one.

The short answer is that life is way too short to worry about what other people think. People walk around with all kinds of prejudices and beliefs, and we will make ourselves miserable if we try to conform to them. Or what we imagine them to be. Especially about something as innocuous as shaving your legs.

Go ahead and try and see how it goes. I'll bet you won't need an excuse.

I think we all try to stay within basic boundaries, like not wearing a pink bikini bottom to grocery store, but we can still be ourselves within reason. I think such things shaving your legs, wearing panties and panty hose, doing your nails, wearing long hair, etc., are all things that you can do quietly and fairly discreetly, without creating a riot.

After all, why would someone be staring at your legs?

I love your avatar or is that you?!

Kayla_CD
01-20-2008, 11:34 PM
The only person you would have to explain it to is your SO, and if she's cool with it then go for it! Who knows, she might even prefer it, especially when you're wearing pantyhose for her.

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-21-2008, 01:55 AM
My personal experience with shaving is if I shave everday, I get less ingrown hairs. As soon as I let it go more than a day or two.....omg it is itch city!
OMG its itch city with me also with in a 24 hour period....feel like my thighs r on fire,,and the more i scratch the more it itches :eek:

vivianann
01-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Go for it shave those legs, I shave my legs and I dont care who sees them, doctors could care less about it. and a massage therapist will be very understanding. I have been asked by my massage therapist why I shaved my body and legs, I told her that I am a crossdresser, she was really understanding. She has told me if I wanted to wear a dress when I make an office visit I was welcome to. I have not yet done that yet, but I soon will.
You will not regret it, you have your wifes blessing, so go for it.

baby beluga
01-21-2008, 06:53 AM
Because I can? It's not really a big deal for me since my leg hair is blonde enough that it's hard to notice anyway. Plus it makes using tinted lotion a lot easier.

Wendy me
01-21-2008, 07:12 AM
i don't care i shave and don't hide it at all no big deal who See's it ... legs arms and armpits ... my hunting buds are as redneck as they come .... i got some ribbing from them .... out of the whole group i am the only one that has not got Lyme disease from being bit by ticks lol there is no were for the ticks to hide on me.....

carolinebrookes
01-21-2008, 07:37 AM
In my experience, no one really bothers or cares. I have never been asked by anyone........ even the guys on the football (Soccer) team have never asked.

I don't think you need an excuse. If on the offchance someone does ask, just tell them because you like to.

Marie O
01-21-2008, 09:04 AM
I shave my legs and wear panties all the time. I no longer have male underwear. My wife is fine with this. and I have been to the doctor, no one has said a word. Go for it!

Jayne
01-21-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree with all the others, If your wife is OK with it and the only other people you seem worried about are the doctor and massuse then go for it. The feeling is great and it makes your legs in stockings and heels look ton's better.
Its the first time I have put a photo of my legs on the avatar and only cos I think they look good.
I wish I could shave all the time and my wife would go for it................
I have only shaved only twice in 28 years. Last weekend the lot came off and after a bad day with the wife I promised to let them grow back, the hairs have just started to grow back and its saddening.

JoAnnDallas
01-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Back before I told my wife about my CDing, I started shaving my legs and chest. Wife asked why I was shaving my legs and chest. I told her that the lotion I used for my dry skin and itch made the hair on my legs and chest sticky. So I started shaving the hair off and now it feels better. I also told her that my legs felt cooler shaved. She now says I take more time in the bathroom than most women she knows.

sybercom11
01-21-2008, 12:00 PM
First of all, I have found that nobody cares that I shave.

Second, last fall I had a routine colonoscopy done. And I bet the doctor and nurses were quite happy I was shaved all around there for them!

karynspanties
01-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Oh for crying out loud. Another thread about worrying what poeple say. Listen. Listen hard. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR SHAVED LEGS!!. NOBODY CARES IF YOUR BUYING WOMENS UNDERWEAR. NOBODY CARES IF YOUR BUYING MAKE-UP.....If you want smooth legs then shave them. PERIOD.

RobertaFermina
01-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Perhaps you could answer with a question...if you really don't have an answer that works...."why would you like to know?"

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Emma England
01-21-2008, 01:32 PM
The best excuse is really your own reason for removing the hair.

For me, smooth skin is much better. It looks nicer, it feels nicer, and is embarassing when I wear a skirt.

Currently I am getting my legs waxed, but am seriously thinking about laser (although that will wait until after my face is done first).

Cindi Ann Kelly
01-21-2008, 02:30 PM
If your S.O. is OK with it, don't worry, it's
doubtful that anyone else will make an
issue of it.

cindi ann

Sam-antha
01-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Does anybody ask why you cut your head hair long ? Chest or any other hair is there to be styled the way you like it. Nobody cares how you do it, even if you think that they notice. Well, they might just notice, but they do not go any further than that. The donot notice nor do they care enought ot be bothered.

Deborah Jane
01-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh for crying out loud. Another thread about worrying what poeple say. Listen. Listen hard. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR SHAVED LEGS!!. NOBODY CARES IF YOUR BUYING WOMENS UNDERWEAR. NOBODY CARES IF YOUR BUYING MAKE-UP.....If you want smooth legs then shave them. PERIOD.

Can we take it you are getting fed up with threads like this then?...Just don,t read them!!:p

Raquelle C
01-21-2008, 06:35 PM
My SO is totally cool with it and likes it that way now. When friends ask, "do you shave your legs"? I just say or my SO says "Yup, I hate hair", period. It's better that way. Who cares...

Also, I've never had anyone that doesn't know me like a doctor even care.

claudine
01-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Up to I have never been asked. If I were, I'd just smile and tell them "I like it"!

Valerie
01-21-2008, 08:05 PM
I was also very worried when I first shaved away all that I could... The first times in the summer when I used short-sleeved shirts I was terrified. At the gym, I felt awkward using shorts. Well, now I am slightly disappointed that nobody has ever asked anything... so now I don't care. I am not sure if nobody noticed or if they were polite enought not to ask. If someone asked, I would simply say, I like it this way. The most important point: your SO likes it. Just go ahead!

Valerie

kymmieLorain
01-22-2008, 12:33 AM
I have never had anybody say anything about my shaved legs. I have even had a memorial tattoo done on my left upper thigh. no comment on the shaving, and the tattooest is a friend.

Kymmie

Karen Francis
01-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Among other things, take a look at a lot of the young men in magazines like Mens Health. they appear to shave legs, chest, back, everything. You response should be tailored to the questioner, although in the last 2 years I have shaved everything I have never been asked. Family and friends should be something like "It's more comfortable". I can't imagine a stranger even saying anything, nor should you feel obligated to respond.

shauna 9
01-23-2008, 12:38 AM
I say go for it nobody really cares,

Jere Oneil
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes, it is tricky but he shaved with the direction of the hair, not against it. That first time helped but he had a few come up, after having to spend a bit more time doing it right (also with super moisturizing shaving gel, not creme) it reduced them down to one or two every few months.

Bicyclists, wrestlers, tennis players, pretty much any sport at all or hobby that will make you sweat are shaved or waxed. Especially pro sports. I don't think asking a 300lb linebacker why he has his legs waxed comes up.

When I played high school football, a lot of the guys on my team(me included) shaved our legs. Have you ever had to remove tape from hairy legs? I've never waxed, but if it hurts as much as removing tape after a game, how do you girls stand it?

Raquel June
01-23-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't think comparing yourself to a 300 lb. linebacker or professional bodybuilder will convince many people that shaving your legs is normal unless you're really built.

The same thing kinda goes for shaving your chest... If you're in really good shape, shaving your chest doesn't even get a second glance -- there are a lot of guys at the gym who do, but it just looks a little funny seeing a flabby ghost-white guy with a shaved chest.

I'm not criticizing people who don't spend their life in the gym. I'm just saying if that's you I think it's much more reasonable to just say, "Hey, I like it so I do it," instead of trying to compare yourself to a professional model or athlete.

Fab Karen
01-25-2008, 05:09 AM
A doctor or a person giving a massage isn't going to care.

Ms Victoria
01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Hi ya, There is nothing more sensual than smooth sexy legs! It's cold and yucky here in my area so mostly no one notices my legs. But I did it because I love it! I usually shave in October and then grow out in March / April. This year i used an Epilator. The results last much longer than shaving! If you choose this option, I suggest taking a long hot shower or bath, then drink a glass of wine or two, then have at it. I had a sleep study done last Friday. They hook up wires to the legs and the tech did not say a word. I bet they see all sorts of things. Besides, it's our bodies, right?

Go for it! Once you do, you'll get hooked on the feelin'

Good luck!

yms
01-25-2008, 08:30 AM
My doctor has never questioned my shaved arms, legs or chest, nor why I wanted laser treatments on my face.

As for the rest of the world, if anyone asks, I just say that I like the way it looks. It's true, but not for the reasons they think!

AmyH
01-25-2008, 08:37 AM
I think if your SO is ok with it then do not worry. But if you still need an excuse; tell people you lost a bet. You had Green Bay going to the Super Bowl, lost and had to shave your legs.

annekathleen
02-10-2008, 06:46 PM
OK, now that I shaved my legs,

First, I should hit a tanning bed!

Second, what about scars, blemishes, dark spots,
How do you hide them?

JoAnnDallas
02-11-2008, 10:35 AM
I had my flight physical a couple of months ago. I have to have one every two years. Anyway, I had done all the tests and was directed to strip to my shorts and sit on the exam table. I did, so here I am with shaved legs, chest, underarms, and arms. The flight doctor comes in does his exam and then says, "OK, you can get dressed". No comments, questions, or funny looks.
They don't care what your body looks like. In fact when I had my yearly physical by my GP, I came back for the results and she noticed that she had not done the prostate exam. So she said we can do it now. The week before I wore boy shorts, but this week I was wearing my normal panties. So I turned around dropped my trousers and panties. She does the exam, then says, "OK you can clean up and get dressed". Again no comment about my panties. I went ahead and told her I was TG/CD and she was cool with it. She said she has two other patients that were CDer's.

Christina Louise
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
I had to go for an exmination by my (male) GP today. This involved dropping my jeans and undies and I also took off my jacket revealing my shaved arms. I've only been all-over body shaving since last month and this is the first ever that I've bared all at the doctor's.

He didn't say anything about it, didn't seem to take any notice (unless he hid it well), and it was no problem at all. Doctors have usually seen everything in their time, why would he go out of his way to make any remarks?

O2B Barbara
02-11-2008, 07:19 PM
I am lucky to have minimal hair on my legs, not a lot on chest and back either, and began shaving the legs a few months back. Nobody has commented, not even about the shaved armpits. If the SO is cool, enjoy and don't worry about the rest of the world.

When I had my ears pierced and people commented I just said that my X Chromazone was wanting some equal billing. Always gets a laugh and no more questions.

Alex!
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
I actually don't care any longer. I'm a cyclist living in the Denver area, so I'm hardly the only one.

cyle_elise
02-12-2008, 12:06 AM

Anyone have suggestions?

YOU care a lot more about what the doctor thinks than she/he does. I go to female doctors because male ones make me uncomfortable. I like to think in my head women in general are less judgemental, but I just don't think they care in that vocation, and if they do it's their JOB to pretend they don't. When it worries me I think hey, they see worse, creepy moles, horrendous scars, etc, shaved legs aren't interesting to them really. and if so, then what, HIPA keeps them from sharing.

your massuese, otoh, is another story, but a few people have noticed mine and not said anything. I really could give a crap :)

cyle_elise
02-12-2008, 12:08 AM
I had my flight physical a couple of months ago. I have to have one every two years. Anyway, I had done all the tests and was directed to strip to my shorts and sit on the exam table. I did, so here I am with shaved legs, chest, underarms, and arms. The flight doctor comes in does his exam and then says, "OK, you can get dressed". No comments, questions, or funny looks.
They don't care what your body looks like. In fact when I had my yearly physical by my GP, I came back for the results and she noticed that she had not done the prostate exam. So she said we can do it now. The week before I wore boy shorts, but this week I was wearing my normal panties. So I turned around dropped my trousers and panties. She does the exam, then says, "OK you can clean up and get dressed". Again no comment about my panties. I went ahead and told her I was TG/CD and she was cool with it. She said she has two other patients that were CDer's.

I was just thinking how weird it must be to be a doctor -- that this stuff is so passe it doesn't even interest them as people anymore. They must see some really crazy, far out, whacky stuff if CDers are cliche.

Katie Ashe
02-12-2008, 02:52 AM
First of all most doctors don't even care nor will take the time to bring it up, it is accepted as men shave also. If you feel the need ...
I'm tired of the itchyness
Have you ever notice all atheletes shave there whole body
Many men wax there body too, for the same reasons women do
Wanted to try something new, it isn't hurting anyone
What's the big deal, by the way you have a uni-brow dude
It's none of your business

But Like I said, 99% of people really don't even care, Stop sweating the small stuff, and be sure to rinse out the drain, or you'll hear about it :spank:

Hana22
02-12-2008, 06:24 AM
Not sure if anyone mentioned it but the best most beleivable excuse is to tell them your a cyclist. Bike riders shave the legs. If you wanna loose weight and look nice biking is also a great way to do it.

Suzy Harrison
02-12-2008, 07:23 AM
I have the same problem, but even worse. I keep my whole body free of hair, legs, arms, chest etc - and as part of my job I have to go into operating theatres.

To do this I have to change into the all blue attire. Not only do I end uplooking like a Smurf - but I have to strip off and change in open changing rooms which feels a little uncomforable when you're totally smooth and free of hair - and all the other guys are hairy. Come to think of it I get embarressed stripping off in front of guys.

Maybe I should just use the female changing rooms !