PDA

View Full Version : Wakey Time.

TeaPirateFox
01-19-2008, 09:54 PM
So I was wondering yesterday, as I was getting ready to face the day. What exactly do I do in the morning. I do quite a bit. And I wondered what everyone else does to get ready for life in the morning?

I myself get up, spend about ten minutes or so meditiating and contemplating my night. I do a bit of excercise, have a warm bath, shower it all off. Dry off, get dressed. Eat some breakfest, check my email and drink some tea. Dry my hair, do a final few touchups on how I look and go!

Thats on the days I leave me house...the rest of the time I hide away in bed lol.

So what do all of you do?

Cai
01-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Geez...you're busy.

I get up, some days I shower. I gel my hair up, get dressed, find my books and my keys, drink a glass of juice/water, and go to class.

TeaPirateFox
01-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Well I get up at 3:30 am to talk with Eric a bit before sending him on his way. And if I go back to bed, I'll sleep the day away. So I started to find things to keep my awake and busy and it ended up being a routine. XP

Taylor105
01-19-2008, 10:29 PM
I trudge out to the kitchen with my eyes half open to start a pot of coffee. Then I head back to my room and get online. After drinking several cups of coffee and checking my e-mail I get into the shower. I mess with my hair a bit and make sure I look presentable. Then I do whatever it is that i have to do!

DanielMacBride
01-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Wow you're up early...I am usually awake around 6 and spend some time before I get up in conversation with My Lady Brighid, then get up, spend about 10 minutes stretching My back, get dressed, get Ethan up and give him breakfast, feed My animals....and then if I'm lucky I will get time to have My breakfast (if not, I may only have time for a cup of tea or coffee)....

Daniel

TeaPirateFox
01-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Not going to lie, there are a few nights where I just don't go to bed. I'm horrible about it but lately my sleep schedules been "up a few days, sleep 9 hours" and the cycle starts again.

DanielMacBride
01-19-2008, 10:49 PM
Yup, I know the feeling...chronic insomniac here, it takes Me hours to get to sleep (usually not till about 3-4am) and then I only get about 2hrs before I have to be up again....not surprisingly, I spend a LOT of time talking with Brighid.

Daniel

TeaPirateFox
01-20-2008, 04:09 AM
Taylor : Sorry I didn't get to your post earlier! It didn't show up. I can't drink coffee, makes me nervous, nautious and twitchy. Tis why I drink tea m'dear. And I used to drink energy drinks, but part of my New Years resolution was to kick them so...yeah. lol.

[bDanielMacbride[/b] : Herro again. Insomnia can be a joy though . I'll stop with the sarcasm lol. Its not that it takes me hours, its that because of night terrors I just can't sleep. And when I do and suffer a night terror, I wake up with migraines. Its a vicious cycle. Really a bit of chance when it comes to restful sleep for me. And I totally understand your situation. I talk to Eric as much as I can. Brings an extra shot of calm to my world. Nothing makes me feel more loved ya know? And nothing brings more calm then love.

Tobie
01-20-2008, 05:00 AM
Wakey time is anywhere from 3am to 6am, depending on when little sir Oliver decides to get up. Then it's trudge through the time until 6:50(on weekdays), and out the door with big boy Keiran to daycare. No real routine other than a mantra of 'I will not eat my children'.

TeaPirateFox
01-20-2008, 05:03 AM
Wakey time is anywhere from 3am to 6am, depending on when little sir Oliver decides to get up. Then it's trudge through the time until 6:50(on weekdays), and out the door with big boy Keiran to daycare. No real routine other than a mantra of 'I will not eat my children'.

Lol. As much as a blessing children must be, I thank my holy stars that I don't have any. Erics enough of a handful XP

BadassBabyBrother
01-20-2008, 05:51 AM
The scenario:

Alarm clock rings. Grab it, look at it, curse loud enough for neighbours to hear, throw the clock at the wall and sleep half an hour longer.

Get up. Make a pot of coffee strong enough to make the hairs on your head to stand up. Go online. Take a leak. Drink half a pot of coffee. Take a shower. Drink rest of the coffee. Look at the clock and notice you're going to be late from work AGAIN. Shut down the computer, put on some clothes that smell moderately clean, and make a run for the bus.

My morning five times a week.

Felix
01-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Lol TeaPirate you forgot all the chats with me recently.

As for me the usual routine would be get up 6.30am, bath, workout three times a week, dress, coffee and out to work. Walk to my friends who gives me a lift and then off to work.

My routine has changed since last Wednesday though cos I'm having some time out to sort things out which my Doc thinks I need. So I get up when I like do what I like and relax xx Felix :hugs:

ZenFrost
01-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Well, this morning I got up and cut/shaved my hair before I took my shower so I wouldn't have to shower twice, but usually I:

1. Wake up.
2. Lie in bed doing nothing for anywhere from 30 minutes to a couple hours, depending on if I have to be somewhere.
3. Get up.
4. Shower, shave, brush teeth, get dressed.
5. Have breakfast.
6. Go do stuff.

Kieron Andrew
01-20-2008, 02:50 PM
1. Get woke up by care coming through the door.
2. Have a bath...shave and clean teeth whilst in the bath
3. Dress
4. Breakfast
5. Spend the rest of the day on the forum unless im going out

Adam
01-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Get up at 10.25am this is most days apart from mondays where i get up at 8am:

Go to bathroom have a wash go downstairs have 50g of crunchy nut corn flakes and 200ml of soya milk along with a mug of tea at 11.15am go do the morinings washing up then open any mail i got that morining. Then i go to my room and turn on my laptop at 11.30 ich read emails and forums at 12pm im ready for the day.

On the monday where i get up at 8am i do much the same up untill drinking tea but skip the going on laptop bit and head into town :D

bi_weird
01-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Eww morning. Monday through Friday I set my alarm to go off five minutes before my cell, and press snooze, so I hear three alarms in nine minutes. Eventually that gets me out of bed (dunno why but I can't wake up since moving here, even when I sleep enough). Lately then there's five minutes to go over the really strange dreams I've had, then I hope in the shower. Spend five minutes agonizing over girl clothes vs. boy clothes vs. pjs and eventually get dressed. Make some oatmeal or a bagel and a cup of tea or coffee, depending on how late I'm running, how much I've slept, and what I feel like. Pack up my back pack, say g'bye to the guinea pigs, and it's off to class.
Weekends it's lay in bed in my pjs as long as possible. I love weekends.

TeaPirateFox
01-20-2008, 07:01 PM
AND I have many early morning conversations with Felix.

And recently I've taken to baking. I have no idea why, but early in the morning I've been baking. o.O

Taylor105
01-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Taylor : Sorry I didn't get to your post earlier! It didn't show up. I can't drink coffee, makes me nervous, nautious and twitchy. Tis why I drink tea m'dear. And I used to drink energy drinks, but part of my New Years resolution was to kick them so...yeah. lol.

[bDanielMacbride[/b] : Herro again. Insomnia can be a joy though . I'll stop with the sarcasm lol. Its not that it takes me hours, its that because of night terrors I just can't sleep. And when I do and suffer a night terror, I wake up with migraines. Its a vicious cycle. Really a bit of chance when it comes to restful sleep for me. And I totally understand your situation. I talk to Eric as much as I can. Brings an extra shot of calm to my world. Nothing makes me feel more loved ya know? And nothing brings more calm then love.

Do you drink only decaf tea? Some of the green teas have way more caffeine than coffee!!

Cathii
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
5:30am Alarm goes off. Ignore it, head placed uner pillow, go back to sleep.

6:00am I can no long ignore the alarm and finally make the effort to reach over and turn it off.

6:10am start puter up. Fall asleep again

6:30am Check emails, surf net aimlessly

6:50am promise myself that this morning I will get out of bed at 7am

7:20am promise myself I will reply to just one more thread/post/lj/email or read just one more web page before gettingg out of bed at 7:30am

7:29am Find thread/lj/post/email that absolutely MUST be replied to or else the world will come to an end......

7:35am be half way through the reply and start to panic about being late for work....

7:45am drag my sorry self to the shower. Instead of having the long luxurious shower I was going to have, only get 10 minutes to wash hair, shave leg/face/other bits and cut myself about a dozen times cause I am in such a rush

7:55am exclaim OMG I have to be at work in 35 minutes and rush around madly to get dressed

8:20am realise that there is no way I am making it to work by 8:30 today and resign myself to having to be there at 9am and finish half an hour later.....

8:35am FINALLY leave the house and join the hoardes of other people that habitually run late for work on the roads.

8:59am scream through the gates at work and attempt to find a shady parking spot....

9:05am finally get to work. Eat something and put the kettle on...

9:10am make coffee and chat aimlessly to the other people in my section.....

9:30am sit down at my desk log on to the server.... pretend to work.....

9:40am fall asleep again

10:30am Morning smoko time... coffee and cigarette makes the world rosie.....

10:50am Finally start to do something productive at work......

Damn I started this reply at 7:29am and it is now 7:43am.... I had better hit the shower or I will be late!!!!

TeaPirateFox
01-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Taylor : Its not the caffeine that bothers me, theres something else in coffee that makes me sick. And I dropped energy drinks because I learned that it takes 16 gallons of water to get ONE energy drink out of your system. Scary stuff,my bodies in bad enough shape as it is. But I do drink black tea in the morning instead of coffee.

Cathii : Someones right ot the minute with their life! Right on ya! I can never stick fo a schedule ><

RevMoonSerpent
01-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Mon-Tues. get up whenever and just lounge around, get a shower and work my online business. I don't have to do anything special for that.

Wed. Get up at 8:30am, shower, shave, gel & style my hair, get dressed and head out to pick up the shipment for my shop.

Thursday and Friday almost the same only I get up a little later and then head into my store to work on inventory.

Saturday and Sunday are the the real tough ones. My store is only open two days a week but, we open at 7am so I have to be up, ready and out the door by 6.

Tristan
01-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Mon-Friday: Alarm goes off at 635 -- usually ignore it and sleep five more minutes before insisting I crawl out of bed.

Stumble in dark to bathroom where I have to blind myself with light usually with a cat darting in my way.

Turn on the water and let it run and get into a reallly hot shower that sometimes wakes me up and sometimes I just stand under the water like yeah I don't want to move.

Usually by 10 to 7 out of the shower and dried off and fixing breakfast in my boxers. Shovel in breakfast while reading and replying to threads trying not to loose track of time.

710 get panicked and rapidly eat the ignored breakfast while I was reading threads. Then go into bathroom by 712 to gel my hair and fight with the stubborn cowlicks in back. Brush teeth and mosey out of bathroom. See that its 720 and hurry up and throw on binder and clothes. Find shoes, ignore crying cat that I've ignored all morning and scramble out the door by 730.

Taylor105
01-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Taylor : Its not the caffeine that bothers me, theres something else in coffee that makes me sick. And I dropped energy drinks because I learned that it takes 16 gallons of water to get ONE energy drink out of your system. Scary stuff,my bodies in bad enough shape as it is. But I do drink black tea in the morning instead of coffee.

Cathii : Someones right ot the minute with their life! Right on ya! I can never stick fo a schedule ><

I can't do those energy drinks either. They make me jittery and nauseous!

Abraxas
01-26-2008, 06:10 AM
Ew. Waking up.
I sometimes think I'd like to become comatose for awhile...

I've got a sort of insomnia/hypersomnia combo platter thing. I can't fall asleep until, oh, 3 or 4 in the morning, even with the aid of sleeping pills (most of which either don't work or cause symptoms like night terrors). And then I pretty much can't physically wake up for 10 to 12 hours (although if nobody wakes me up I'll sleep until I need to pee or something-- if my bladder wasn't an issue might just sleep indefinitely).
I generally wake up whenever someone bangs on my bedroom door and tells me to get ready for work. I work for my dad so when he says I need to be up, that's what time I start. It's usually early afternoon.
Then, I'll lay there, practically unable to move for anywhere between 10 minutes and an hour, and, depending on how much time I have I may take a shower (I shower at night, generally). Apart from that, I brush my teeth, run a hand through my hair, and mosey on to the internet while I get dressed and have a smoke.

TeaPirateFox
01-26-2008, 11:37 PM
RevMoonSerpent : I defintaly like your job. Sounds calm and controlled.

Tristant : I know how the dark bathroom and blinding self goes. At my old house, the bathroom was salsa red. If you had to pee in the middle of the night, you better be prepared 5 mintues before going into that bathroom.

Taylor : Once again agreed. Energy drinks and coffee..bleh.

Abraxas : I know how the insomnia goes as well. I just have been on a cycle of up for two days, just crash for an evening and go again.