PDA

View Full Version : Discreet online shopping

mark40511
01-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi.....

Can anyone tell me what online store that carries everything? I'm not going to be dressing up to go out, I'm going to be dressing up to hook up if you will. Exactly what items will I need. I want it all in one order and black is fav color. I'm 6 feet tall between 165 and 170 height weight proportionate. White semi olive complected. I know alot of the items I need but I'm afraid I will leave something out. What is a store that carries everything at the best prices? I'd like to get everything in one order from once place hopefully. Can anyone help.

Thanks,
Mark

Julogden
01-20-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi Mark,

Well, first, it would be pretty difficult for someone else to tell you what you want. You need to be specific about what you are looking for. You need to sit down and figure out what all you need/want, and then maybe ask for help in finding the best prices and sites. Read some of the archived messages in these forums, there's lots of advice here already, use the search feature.

You're not going to get the best price on everything that you need from any one site, you're going to have to do some shopping. Or, if you don't mind paying through the nose for some things, then go ahead and buy it all from a single site, if you can actually find a site that has everything that you want, which isn't likely. Also, the sort of site that caters exclusively to crossdressers often has higher prices, so be prepared to spend a lot of money if you go that route.

There are plenty of us here who will be glad to help you if you have trouble finding some particular items, but don't expect us to do all your homework for you.

Added: I just took a look at your other postings here, and I have to tell you, something's fishy. You've never said anything about being a CD, just wanted to know if you'd look good dressed, then you're wanting us here to do all the legwork needed to put yourself together so you can "hook up" with someone. Sounds like you're trying to trick someone into thinking that you're a crossdresser when you actually aren't.

Care to explain?

Carol

KeriB
01-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Again, I can't say what it is you want, but I can say that, after doing ALOT of searching, I haven't found one place that has all that I want. In fact, I am somewhat reticent to order outfits online in the future - I placed an order to Chadwicks and boy was I disappointed with the items I got.. nothing like I thought they would be. I love The Gap at the moment for clothes.. I order undergarments from other vendors, and I've actually gotten the gumption to go out and purchase things like shoes, stockings and the like locally - hey, it's my money, right? LOL.

The biggest suggestion I have - make certain your size. It's difficult figuring the translation from drab to fab, and it's been a learning curve for me, and this will hopefully save you some $$. HTH...

mark40511
01-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I am new to this whole thing. I want to try dressing. I don't mean to seem shady. I made my first post asking what you guys thought about how I'd look being dressed. Now I want to actually try it. Why is that fishy? Do I have to have been a crossdresser for a while in order to not be fishy? No pun intended.

Julogden
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I am new to this whole thing. I want to try dressing. I don't mean to seem shady. I made my first post asking what you guys thought about how I'd look being dressed. Now I want to actually try it. Why is that fishy? Do I have to have been a crossdresser for a while in order to not be fishy? No pun intended.

Why is it fishy to me? Because you're in a big rush, never dressed before and now you want us all to tell you exactly what all to buy so that you can hook up with someone. You've never said that you've always wanted to dress up but couldn't, or that you enjoy dressing up, almost sounds as if you're trying to trick someone else into thinking that you're a CD. And basically, you're asking us to be your personal stylists, aestheticians and shoppers, for free.

Maybe you've just presented the situation badly, but that's what I've gotten from your postings.

If you want to dress up, slow down and learn a bit about what you're doing, enjoy the trip. See if there's a support group near you that you could join, you'll find tons of help there. Maybe there's a makeover service near you, that might be your best bet for getting a total look together from one source in a short time.

There are TONS of resources available on-line, including shopping resources. Learn about what's available, decide what you want, what you want to spend, and start shopping. YOU have to decide what to buy for you. I know you said that you don't like to shop, but you'd better get over that real fast if you want to crossdress.

If you're having trouble finding particular items, or need help with makeup techniques or colors, then ask here, we'll help you find an answer if it's at all possible.

And just to be a bit helpful, here's your list:buy a dress or two, a couple blouses and skirts, a bra or two, a few pairs of panties, gaffe, pantyhose, thigh-high stockings, gartered stockings, garter belt, heels, flats, wig, breast forms, earrings, bracelets, rings, a purse and belt or two. That'll do for a clothing start. You'll also need concealer, moisturizer, foundation makeup, loose powder, compact powder, blush, lip liner, lipsticks, eye liner, eye shadows, mascara, eyebrow pencil, highlighting powder, contour powder, perfume, makeup remover, nail polish, nail polish remover, nail files and clippers, razor or epilator, eyelash curler, makeup brushes, foam makeup wedges, powder puff, cotton balls, Q-Tips, facial tissue and a book or two on makeup.

Pluck those brows into a more feminine shape, shave or epilate your arms, hands, chest, stomach, back legs and feet. Keep your skin in good shape.

That should do for a start, I'm probably forgetting something though. Keep in mind that just wearing all that stuff isn't all there is to looking your best, there has to be something on the inside too. Attitude, movements, gestures and comportment are at least as important as clothes and makeup if you want to pull dressing off well.

So there you go!:happy:

Carol

trannie T
01-20-2008, 07:17 PM
There are 1.73 gazillion sites on the web that will be happy to sell you what you need. There are places near you that will be happy to help you. It is up to you to decide what you want, skirts, dresses, tops, sweaters, pants, bras, panties, slips, nighties, wigs, makeup, breast forms and shoes. Shopping is half the fun of being a crossdresser, enjoy.

shirley1
01-20-2008, 07:37 PM
have you ever heard of ebay ? do you get it all over the world - its great you can get anything or almost !