PDA

View Full Version : I told one of my buddies

Bobbie Jo
01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
This friend of mine used to live close but now he lives in Denver. We IM everyday and sometimes for hours. I've been hinting to him for the last few months. Well he just giggles and then lets it go. I told him one night that i was going to go get pretty, he told me to send him some pics, I told him no because he would laugh. That was the end that day,but then the next day I put my pic on msn IM so he could get a look, and he saw about 4 pics. I then looked at the message and all I saw was,LOLOLOLOLOLOL. So I deleted everything.Sent him an e-mail telling what was happening and if he was going to act that way ,we didn't need to talk anymore. He did e-mail me later and left a short message. Tellin me that I looked kinda good and I told him that I'll be in touch..What do you think about this,I know you girls will give me hell, but try to be easy..lol

Eugenie
01-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Well... Perhaps coming out to a friend through the internet isn't the easiest way to do it... But now you've done it. So you have to live with it...

After all, he seems to have taken this coming out rather well...Laughing out loud is a pretty normal reaction when confronted with an extremely surprising situation yet not an endangering one. It is called laughing nervously... Then his e-mail seemed to be a friendly one...

If you have a chance to see him face to face in the near future, probably better if you meet him in drab for the first time, try to give him clear information about x-dressing in order to make disappear all sorts of myths about x-dressers...

In the end your friend will either accept you and you will have a confident or reject you and you will know that after all he wasn't such a good friend...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Deborah Jane
01-20-2008, 05:51 PM
I won,t give you hell Bobbie Jo. I think sometimes we just get a bit carried away with this. I,ve often been tempted to tell other people just to find out thier reaction. After all, for all you knew you may have got a positive reaction from him. It seems to me he wasn,t quite sure how to react and i,m sure it came as a bit of a shock to him. It,s quite possible that when you were telling him before he didn,t realise you were serious and were just having a joke with him. I think for now the best thing to do is play it by ear and see what happens, after all you,ve let the cat out of the bag now, you can,t really put it back. Good luck and i hope it all turns out good for you..:hugs:Debs

trannie T
01-20-2008, 07:29 PM
I came out to a buddy in person and I told my brother, it is a liberating experience both were a bit shocked and surprised I believe but were accepting. I haven't spoken with my brother since telling him but my buddy brings it up occasionally.

Brenda1423
01-20-2008, 07:46 PM
You never know. It's even possible that he feels the same way and is afraid to mention it right away. Good luck with that. At least since he's moved away, you won't confront him in person if the freindship is over.

JoanAz
01-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Two things happened one I told my best friend and his wife, they said "So" and thought i made a better girl than a guy,
The other was more intresting;
While attend a CD Meeting (dresssed to the 9s)
in walks a guy in drab to see if he likes the meeting.
I sit oposite him when everyone has a chat.
The guy does not recognise me (naturaly) he and I both work for the same company flying Aircraft and heve been on many overnight trips together,
After about 20 min time I introduced my self/SELF he was surprised, and said Small world isn't it,
:happy:

NewBetty
01-20-2008, 08:22 PM
I remember hearing recently that laughter is actually a pain/fear response.
He was possibly more nervous than insensitive.
I'm a loooong way from talking about this to anyone else but you gals (gals?izzat proper?) or stepping into public at all...
But I understand the urge to do it. Felt it more than once.

jennifer41356
01-20-2008, 08:59 PM
I would onlt tell someone if they were someoen I wanted to hang out with me why I go as a girl, other than that I see no need really:2c:

Nicole Erin
01-20-2008, 09:04 PM
All this is normal to us, but for those who know squat about the CD scene, it is funny/scary.

I think the best thing to do is tell him that some of the really pretty women he has checked out in the past just might be really convincing CD's.

He will feel so much better after that. :happy:

Bobbie Jo
01-20-2008, 11:40 PM
You know I was reading all that you girls have sent me and to my amazement everyone was hitting the nail on the head. I was IMing with him today and started explaning myself and he was saying that he thought it was cool. I then told him about this web site and what we talk about and just for people like me. He really thought coming here to crossdressers was real cool and didn't even know there were people on the web that did such a thing. we talked a few more minutes and asked him if he wanted to see some more pictures. He said, Hell yeah. I asked him if the pics looked look me. He told me the only way that the pictures were of me is because I told the pics were of me. I'm glad, then the next thing he said that I looked real good. Girls,that made me feel real good..lol I think that now I came out to him and told him a few things, it opened something. He had to go rite then but he want's to talk about this again tomorrow..
WE DO IM WITH WEB-CAMS EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.

Brenda1423
01-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Glad to hear that it's looking up. Maybe he is into this too. If not at least he sounds supportive. Way to go girl.

Sally2005
01-21-2008, 12:21 AM
He's busy forwarding the photos to everyone he knows! hahaha

Just kidding, I hope he is a good friend and respects your privacy, etc.

Chari
01-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Whether family or friends, the instant shock of someone you have known only as a male, who suddenly presents an image as a female is difficult to understand. Only true family and friends will accept you regardless of what packaging you wear!:2c:

Enjoy, Chari

JoAnnDallas
01-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Well he now knows and seen some of your pics. IMHO, you need to ask him point blank how he feels about it. yes, it is a little scary but the worst is over. He nows and now you need to communicate with him and see if he is OK with it all.