PDA

View Full Version : might be developing a problem here !

shirley1
01-20-2008, 07:46 PM
i have always had my moments with cding ie going off on one every now and then buying a load of clothes every now and then - but since i have been on the net (4 months only) its becoming a bit desperate now ie i am ordering clothes off sites (mainly ebay) caus i can at any time of nite or day - after alchohol or not ect - my bank balance is starting to suffer ! like tonite i saw a gg on television wearing a knee length denim skirt and thought i havnt got one of them and i want one ! i recently did a list of all the cding clothes i've got and i'm not joking if an average gg came round to mine she'd be in havin the time of her life trying my cd clothes on - the difference is she would probably walk straight out the door wearing them - i dont ! cant yet ! i think i need to slow down a bit but just knowing i've got the clothes in all styles to wear if and when i want makes me feel good - can anyone identify with that ! (compulsive buyer !) god i hope not !

Miss Petra
01-20-2008, 10:00 PM
If your shopping habits are making your life miserable & unmangeable you do have a problem. Only you can answer that. Admit that you have a problem is the first step the next step is join a support group that helps other people in your same situation.

Petra

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
hmmmm, a support group for shopaholic crossdressers :p

fortunatly my need to eat keeps me from shoe shoping :p

JaytoJillian
01-20-2008, 10:20 PM
hmmmm, a support group for shopaholic crossdressers :p

fortunatly my need to eat keeps me from shoe shoping :p

You are soooooo funny! I wish I were stopping thru Phoenix sometime soon!
Seriously, to Shirley I thought golf was an expensive hobby. This takes the cake. I try to shop for very specific things that I need. I also try to make things in my existing wardrobe work in multiple ways. Take inventory of your things and see what has multiple uses. You'd be surprised!

serinalynn
01-20-2008, 10:29 PM
THe nice thing about womens clothing is that there is always new things comming into the stores and as a crossdresser I can be selective about what I like to wear. I can there for be a little conservative about the things I buy.

teresa jeen
01-20-2008, 10:34 PM
get a grip, SO TO SPEAK,

Kathy Renee
01-20-2008, 10:54 PM
The thing about buying women's clothes is the compounding of purchases that occurs.......buy a dress then matching shoes, purse, and of course new matching ear rings, necklace, etc. Then to a club or out shopping again to show off the outfit. In other words, it can be expensive being a woman....but gawd what fun!

jamie55
01-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi Shirley: As long as your desire doesn't impede your ability to survive, groceries, utilities, rent etc. I don't see that much of a problem. I make a pretty fair amount of money and probably spend more than necassary but my family has never gone without.

Celeste
01-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Yes I know what you mean,I'm doing this also, it's like a frenzy and every now and then I'll catch myself and say "slow down".I bought a pair of guy shoes the other day and that kind of slowed me a bit.I think it made me think about the expense of having two complete wardrobes.I have to stop before pushing that order button and say,whats practical.Even then its still hard.I like the mix and match suggestions.

Dawn Marie
01-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Shirley, I'm totally in the same boat. My wife just found out about my CDing and is totally opposed to it, But I have all these clothes that I have been buying over the last two years that she does not know about. I use to go out all the time when I was single, but I haven't been out in ten years now. I have over 30 dresses, 20 skirts and 20 tops, plus 12 pairs of shoes and boots. Not to mention all the lingerie I have, which is a lot.
I finally said enough is enough, at least until I am able to go out. Like you I have all the different styles, but until I am really able to go out that is it for right now. And you just have to keep telling yourself that that is enough, or it could get out of hand like I started to. As much as I love to dress, I love it even more when I get to go out dressed, and until that happens again I must stop.
I'm seeing a therapist now at the request of my wife, (she thinks this is cureable, yea right!!) I have come to terms with myself a long time ago, but I am doing this for her satisfaction, eventually I want her to go and maybe she will see that I need to dress and that there is nothing wrong with me mentally.
I,m always here for you and time you need to talk, just PM me . You are not alone.

XOXO,
Dawn Marie

StacyCD
01-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Anyone can obsess about ANY hobby or activity--crossdressing is no different in that regard. It's been called the 'pink fog' when you suddenly get the opportunity to express your fem side and I'm sure that anyone who was suddenly allowed to freely express themselves would splurge a bit. Just try not to over do it. Watch for sales. I always wanted a woman's leather jacket and I got one from JCP which started life at $200--no way could I afford the cash. However, it was reduced to $49 and I had a $10 discount. So for $39 I got the leather jacket I wanted. Watch for sales and Goodwill for bargains. It will make what you spend go a lot farther!

shirley1
01-21-2008, 08:26 PM
glad i'm not the only one ! i think a lot of it is the fact i used to find it really difficult to go to womens shops to buy - but since being on the net its almost too easy now ! but i'm now looking at everything i've got and thinking i have got pretty much everything i need right now - but yeh i always knew that with womens clothes/fasion there is no end to what you can want - thats why women spend so much more than guys do - your constantly thinking about what shoes will go with which skirt/top ect - its called mix and matching here in england - women i guess have a head start on us plus they know what places to shop and what suits them !