PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing Soundtrack

Kayla_CD
01-20-2008, 11:41 PM
So, when I'm at home alone and dressing I usually like to have some music on. I've found that I'm much more in the spirit when I have some danceable or girly music on. I tried listening to Pussy Cat Dolls, Britney Spears, or whatever had that feel, but really the hipster inside of me hated it. So I've been in search of other cool groups to listen to en femme. This leads me to my (High Fidelity inspired) question.

What are your top five artists to listen to when dressing?

Sub question; does your personal musical taste change en femme?

My top five:

Scissor Sisters
CSS
Dragonette
Tegan and Sara
Metric

And yes, my taste has changed a lot as I've embraced my femme side.

dianarg
01-21-2008, 02:34 AM
Interesting question. I could say my music taste changes *a bit* for example I listen to music I don't usually listen from bands I usually listen...
Ok, say my favorite drab tracks are 1,2 and 5, now when I CD I listen to 3,8 and 9, the slower more melodic and avoided songs.

My top 5 follows:

Kamelot
Dream Theater
Rhapsody of Fire
Moonspell
Nightwish

Dee Jay
01-21-2008, 03:22 AM
What I listen to stays the same regardless of how I'm dressed.

I'm mainly into old rock. The Who,Pink Floyd, AC-DC etc etc,
Then there's the blues... Robert Johnson. Simply stunning!
But the greatest Album ever made and hardly a day goes by where I don't play at least on track from it....

Carole King's "Tapestry"

It's quite a girly album, but it's by far the greatest collection of songs you'll ever get on one place.

DJ

Stephanie Stephens
01-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Headwig - wig in a box
Stephanie

NatalieBliss
01-21-2008, 12:10 PM
Morningwood (sounds dirty but the lead singer is a rockin' chick)
No Doubt
Anna Nalick
Sublime (not girlie, but a constant favorite for over a decade)
Pink

I have always loved female vocalist that can front rock. I have always been a crossdresser. chicken/egg? egg/chicken? I don't dare hazard a guess.

Raquel June
01-21-2008, 01:21 PM
I've always liked electronic, ambient techno, heavy metal, symphonic classical, melodic new-age stuff and dream pop. So the bands I really like are NIN, Chemical Bros, Crystal Method, Moby, Benny Benassi, Massive Attack, old Metallica, Between the Buried and Me, Dredg, Geminiani, Handel, Enya, Azam Ali, Trespassers William, Postal Service, etc. But I like a decent amount of hip-hop type stuff, and when I go out en femme I hear a lot of dance music, and there are songs I hear a lot of, like Rihanna's Umbrella and Timbaland's The Way I Are, so those make me think of being girly.

I guess I like just like a ton of different music. I like variety. The only things I don't really like are male country singers with a lot of twang, and I don't like most R&B. For some reason I've been listening to Billy Thorpe's Children of the Sun a couple times a day lately. And last time I heard Charlie Daniel's Long Haired Country Boy I was wearing a skirt on the way to hang out at a gay bar, so that's a little strange for me.

I guess I like the same music either way, but some music affects me differently. Here are some songs I've been listening to lately that make me want to be very girly:

Trespassers William - Vapour Trail
Hayley Westenra - Pokarekare Ana
The Postal Service - Nothing Better
BT - All That Makes Us Human Continues
Moby - Dream About Me
Moby - When It's Cold I'd Like To Die
Chemical Brothers - Alive Alone
Aphex Twin - Xtal
Azam Ali - Endless Reverie
Black Lab - Remember
Fischerspooner - Cloud

These songs kinda make me wanna be a dancing girl, but I also like them in guy mode when I'm working out:

Benny Benassi - Rocket In The Sky
Ian Van Dahl - Castles In The Sky
Paul Van Dyk - We Are Alive
Orbital - One Perfect Sunrise
Chemical Brothers - Chico's Groove
Chemical Brothers - Orange Wedge
Crystal Method - PhD
Crystal Method - High Roller
Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive (Trip Hope Mix)
Alice Deejay - Everything Begins With An E

And these make me wanna be a badass guy:

Between the Buried and Me - Selkies: The Endless Obsession
Machine Head - Clenching the Fists of Dissent
Metallica - Am I Evil?
Strapping Young Lad - AAA
Beastie Boys - Posse In Effect
Green Day - I Fought The Law
Prodigy - You Will Be Under My Wheels
Eminem - You Don't Know
K-Os - Electrik Heat (The Seekwill)

...and anything by Lamb of God or Killswitch :)

But lately I think Between the Buried's Alaska might be the best album ever made.

il.dso
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Great question.
I listen to the same music regardless.

Grateful Dead/DarkStar Orchestra
Allman Brothers
Hot Tuna
Tom Petty
and many more!

Nicole Erin
01-21-2008, 04:13 PM
So I've been in search of other cool groups to listen to en femme. This leads me to my (High Fidelity inspired) question.

What are your top five artists to listen to when dressing?

Sub question; does your personal musical taste change en femme?NO I listen to the same music regardless of mode

My top five:

Scissor Sisters
CSS
Dragonette
Tegan and Sara
Metric

And yes, my taste has changed a lot as I've embraced my femme side.

Certain songs make me think of it for either nostalgic reasons or whatever. Not so much whether they are feminine or not. These songs take me back to times and places concerned with big steps in my CD'ing

Stepping out by Joe Jackson. [I think the first time I got ahold of a pair of PH this song was on]

Break Out - Swing Out Sister [Very femme song, When I was a kid I always wanted to dress all pretty and dance to this.]

Night of the unborn - Mercyful Fate [The first time i went to a gay club and really noticed what CD/TS/DQ's are, I had listened to this song getting ready for the night's clubbing. WARNING - This is not a pretty song]

1 2 3 4 - Feist [This one is popular lately and feminine. I am re-entering the CD life and this song makes me think of it. It will probably remain in my mind as such.]

I can see the world tonight - Paul McCartey [The first time I bought femme clothes other than hose, this song was playing]

Kayla_CD
01-21-2008, 05:34 PM
1 2 3 4 - Feist [This one is popular lately and feminine. I am re-entering the CD life and this song makes me think of it. It will probably remain in my mind as such.]

If you like her vocal style go get her first album, "Let it Die"
She is Canada's gift to the world.

And yes, she has a beautiful feminine voice that makes me feel beautiful and really comforted and happy all at once.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Anything by Anita Baker with personal favorites being,

"Caught up in the Rapture,"
"Sweet Love",
"Same ole Love"

Denise Williams
"Lets here it for the boy"

The Mary Jane Girls
"All night long"

Also God help my wife and neighbors when I attempt to sing them in my femme voice which has quite a lot of bass in it.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
01-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Depends on what femme I'm donning for the day.

Zarabeth: (Mostly gothic, grunge, ska) Garbage, No doubt, Poe
Embyrre: Loreena McKennett, Blackmore's Night, Enya

and now Queen Anne: Lord of the Rings, Rob Roy, Henry V

and as my drab self... all of the above and so much more ;)

*hugs*

Zara

Jennaie
01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Interesting question.

When dressed or feeling femme, I love the Corrs, as I like to pretend it's me singing. Others I enjoy are Jane Monheit, Holly Cole, and any other sexy voiced blues/jazz singer.

Blixa
01-24-2008, 02:40 AM
Me too, I love Break Out, but the song Love Won't Let You Down from Swing Out Sister's latest album is pretty good too. I quite like Shelby Lynne, a most recent discovery. The album Rise from Samantha James, with her silky smooth vocals, is excellent from beginning to end. In-Grid has an amazing voice singing in french and her rendition of Un Beau Roman makes it the sexiest song there is, which you can find on her album of covers La Vie En Rose (Chilling With In-Grid).

Laurelanne
01-24-2008, 04:03 AM
Interesting question you know I never really thought about it but I listen to old Big Band music and swing from the 40s etc., I love that music anyway but en femme ALWAYS that.

Juanita O
01-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi all

I mostly listen to rock and roll oldies.

Soulless&Shallow
01-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Precious- Depeche Mode
Been Caught Stealing- Jane's Addiction

Laura Greenhall
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Tend to dig out things such as Micah P. Hinson or Nick Drake and occasionally Billy Bragg.

Sally24
01-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Mindi Abair is my favorite when dressing. Her smooth jazz saxaphone has a real female vibe to it that I love. I just put my i-tunes on and play her over and over. I also will put a little electronica on as that is what plays in the clubs alot. Gives me a chance to practice dancing with no one else looking!

jennifer41356
01-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I listen to what I always listen to

1.Pink Floyd
2.Led Zep
3.Bauhaus
4.Deep Purple
5.Hendrix
6.Ministry

As you can see, this girl is a rocker/punk/goth....if its loud and heavy, I just might like it:love::love::love:

Sarah Doepner
03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I still love K.D.Lang's "Invincible Summer"
Billie Holliday, Emmylou Harris and Saffire-The Uppity Blues Women all are on my playlist when I want to get dressed.

Farrah
03-24-2008, 11:54 PM
I ususally think about the song I'm a Barbie Girl in A Barbie world" I don't acutally have the song, but I do hum or think about that tune.

jamie55
03-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Hi Kayla: Strange night just before my 53'rd. A lot of young uns in here. By far the best music to listen to period. Pink Floyd. My personal favs Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Comfortably Numb, Time, Sorrow, etc.

jamie55
03-25-2008, 01:49 AM
HI all: sorry to post back to back but here it is. After midnight I'm another year older. My so gave me a present, a 24 kt. gold 45 single, 1 of 500, copy of Pink Floyd's Another Brick in the Wall. "We don't need no education, Hey teachers leave us kids alone".
Appropriate I think for all cd's, whad' ya think?

Jada Rose
03-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Mostly soft and soothing music, like Enya or Loreena Mckinnett, but sometimes I pull out some good ol' Motown. Just depends on the mood I'm in.

Bethany38
03-25-2008, 02:38 AM
I like No Doubt or anything by Gwen Steffani

Dalece
03-25-2008, 03:47 AM
Good question, Somthing soft and romantic to make me feel my femine side more.

bEEb
03-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Caruso
Wayne King
Hogey Charmichael
Glenn Miller
And that new young up-n-comer...
Frank Sinatra

Christine Andrews
03-25-2008, 09:43 AM
For me music is as important as crossdressing and has helped me through times when I feel very low and been with me when I'm very happy. The music I like reflects me as a whole and is the same regardless of how I am dressed and what I choose to express.

Typically I love:

Hard Rock/Blues-Rock such as Deep Purple, Free, Bad Company, Paul Rodgers, Badlands, AC/DC, Dio-era Rainbow, Elf, Queen, Thin Lizzy and Glenn Hughes and some Motorhead.

Trad/Classic Metal - such as Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath (ALL eras), Dio, Manowar, Accept, Gamma Ray, Primal Fear, Bruce Dickinson (Solo), Halford, Fight, Early Skid Row and Sebastian Bach.

HEavy/Modern/Thrash - such as Arch Enemy, Megadeth, Early-Slayer, Anthrax, Machine Head.

Syphonic Music such as Nightwish (With Tarja Turunen), Within Temptation and After Forever.

Instrumental music by John 5, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Jake E Lee.

A genre I am absolutely hooked on is Doom and it is one which reflects how I feel most of the time and two bands of the Genre have become two of my favourite all time bands - Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus.

And the only two non-hard rock/heavy metal artists in my collection are Michael Jackson (the first music I heard and found I liked for myself when I was around 6ish) and Alannis Morisette (whom I discovered by accident after hearing her version of Crazy and enjoying her voice).

If I had to pick faves, band-wise I woul have to say Queen, Thin Lizzy,Dio, Sabbath, Halford, Candlemass and Solitude Aeturnus but I like far more bands just as much. I really enjoy the vocals of singers such as Freddie Mercury, Rob Halford, Ronnie James Dio, Rob Lowe, Sebastian Bach, Tarja Turunen, Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes, Phil Lynott, Ray Gillen and Paul Rodgers.

Pretty much a musical diet of hard rock and heavy metal all the way whether I feel masculine or feminine - music which has narrative or connects with a mood, experience or emotion I have/feel and appeals to me at a personal level.

Pandora
03-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Kayla - we must be psychic twins. :hugs: I was just thinking of starting a thread like this a few days ago.

I listen to a wide range of music from very hard stuff like System of a Down to the classic rock standards to jazz fusion and a lot of electronic too. Some stuff I listen to while dressed (although also in drab too.) which I think most embodies feminine spirit is.
1 - Bjork
2 - Goldfrapp
3 - Kate Bush
4 - The Sundays
5 - ABBA
6 - Joni Mitchell
7 - Esthero
8 - Karmacoda (if you haven't heard of them, check out the song "Turn" on youtube. Heather Pierce has one of the sweetest voices I've ever heard. I have such a crush on her!)

I also like some electronic club music to dance to. Not so much the hip hop R&B of today.

Ana5551
03-25-2008, 03:57 PM
I still listen to country when dressing, its my fave and always will be.

Adrianamireasa79
05-07-2008, 06:12 AM
For me the best is jazz, smooth one and a glass of wine :o

I like:

Joss Stone
Rick Braun
Brian Culberston
Amos Lee

and a lot, lot more

CharleneT
05-07-2008, 11:45 PM
My tastes in music are pretty wide ranging. I change from week to week as to what is in my "juke box". Today the CD changer has:

Grateful Dead
kd lang
jen chapin (incredible unknown singer/songwriter)
Warren Haynes at Bonoroo
Billy Holiday
Cirque du Soliel "Dralion"

Charlene

CD Susan
05-07-2008, 11:53 PM
When I am dressed and want to listen to music I put on some easy listening. I'm revealing my age here but is anyone familiar with Astrud Gilberto? She is a Brazilian singer who in 1964 came out with the number one hit of the year in this country. The name of the song is 'The Girl From Ipenema'. She has the most beautiful female voice that I have ever heard. It is pure bliss to listen to her sing. I have downloaded every one of her recordings and sometimes listen to her for many hours at a time. I never tire of listening to the voice only an angel could have.

Angela-Russell
05-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I sometimes listen to "Transformer" by Lou Reed while I get dressed & put on make-up excellent album

jessikasummerfox
05-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Perfect - Princess Superstar
Looking Good, Feeling Goregeous - Rupal
I Love My Sex - Benassi Bros.
Independent - Webbie
The Men All Pause - Klymaxx

There are a ton more (like Shoes by Kelly), but these are a few of the ones I was listening to today.

rays999
05-08-2008, 08:55 AM
like your taste in music nothing better than dressing to your fav music

karinels
05-08-2008, 12:05 PM
my top five artists to listen to en-femme would be;
1. jimmy buffett
2. martina mcbride
3. shania twain
4. prince
5. the who

RockerTerri
05-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Pretty much the same stuff i always listen to; Nightwish, Tool, Godsmack, Loreena McKennit, Tool, the Who, Steve Vai, Tool, the Sex Pistols, Social Distortion, and did i mention Tool?

My neighbors hate me.

Terri

Melinda G
05-14-2008, 10:09 PM
There's an old song by Doris Day, "I Enjoy Being A Girl", which pretty much says it all.
I like Jimmy Buffett, but not so much when dressed. Although I used to anchor my sailboat out in the middle of the lake, away from people, and sit out in the cockpit, wearing a lacy black teddy and heels, and drinking Coronas, and watching the sun go down. Then I had the Buffett going. :D

Jannette H
05-14-2008, 11:16 PM
When getting all dolled up It's oldies. Leslie Gore
The Ronnetts
Linda Scott
The Crystals
Brenda Lee and thats it, all on vinyl.

Sarahwithanh11
05-15-2008, 03:00 AM
Pink - Missundaztood
Chemical Brothers
Techno - I have several mix cds (Techno Storm, I Love Techo)
Theatre of Tragedy
Spice Girls (if I have too many brain cells going and need to kill a few off!)

Mistybtm
05-15-2008, 07:17 AM
All girl singers and groups for me, soft rock.
:love:

Joanboy2001
05-15-2008, 07:55 AM
My favorite is Leslie Gore

Kimberly Marie Kelly
05-25-2008, 05:01 PM
I have always been a romantic so it goes without saying I like female vocalist singing romantic songs. Celine Dion leads the pack, with Shania Twain, Martina Mcbride, The Corrs. I like country music, Christian music and easy listening Rock. But I can listen to Celine Dion forever.:battingeyelashes:

KarenCDFL
05-25-2008, 05:06 PM
What I listen to stays the same regardless of how I'm dressed.

I'm mainly into old rock. The Who,Pink Floyd, AC-DC etc etc,
Then there's the blues... Robert Johnson. Simply stunning!
But the greatest Album ever made and hardly a day goes by where I don't play at least on track from it....

Carole King's "Tapestry"

It's quite a girly album, but it's by far the greatest collection of songs you'll ever get on one place.

DJ

It seems we have the same tastes in music. And my wife and I have tix to see Carole King at the Hard Rock FT. Lauderdale next month.:)

Kayla_Gurl
05-25-2008, 05:42 PM
Shania Twain - Man, I Feel Like a Woman
Cindy Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Stormgirl
05-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Pantera

MentalMercury
05-25-2008, 06:24 PM
My top 5 follows:

Kamelot
Dream Theater
Rhapsody of Fire
Moonspell
Nightwish

^ Awesome list.

Mine (while in drag):

1. Children of Bodom
2. Sonata Arctica
3. Nightwish
4. Opeth
5. Moonsorrow
(bonus): Industrial/Trance techno mixes

Not in drag: Same thing but replace Moonsorrow with Ensiferum.

Emily Anderson
05-25-2008, 06:42 PM
Diana Ross has always been a favorite of CD'ers, but then again maybe I'm starting to show my age :)

susan2010
05-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Joni Mitchell
Sandy Denny: the most fabulous voice there ever was
Beth Orton
KD Lang
Patsy Cline: the original
my #1 favorite song right now is one from the 80's I heard last week:
"Overground" by the Sneaker Pimps

TxKimberly
05-25-2008, 07:33 PM
My tastes do not really change, they are eclectic at all times. Some of my favorites are Neal Diamond, Sarah Brightman, The Carpenters, Celine Dion, Burton Cummings, Meat Loaf, Boston, Eric Carmen,

Amy Hepker
05-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Areosmith-Dude looks like a Lady
Cheech and Chong-Earache my eye, the song
Inya-Only time
Joan Jett-I love rock and roll
The Bells-Stay awhile

matrioshka
05-25-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm on a Horrorpops kick right now. Usually I dress to Lacrimosa or Type O Negative. it seems to get me into the mood. Oh, thanks to MentalMercury, I went out and bought a Sonata Arctica CD. My tastes usually run to Bloodthorn and Amon Amarth. Not that you can really dress to Nordic war metal. Unless it involves armor....

M

Celeste
05-25-2008, 11:08 PM
There is a Harpist (Deborah Henson Conant)she plays a wide variety styles from jazz to Celtic to new world,she's great.Then for vocals I like Carole King,Norah Jones,Corrine Bailey Rae and Bonnie Raitts more bluesy songs.

melisss2u
05-25-2008, 11:09 PM
what ever is on the radio at the time

MentalMercury
05-26-2008, 01:05 AM
.. Oh, thanks to MentalMercury, I went out and bought a Sonata Arctica CD. My tastes usually run to Bloodthorn and Amon Amarth....

I got someone to check out Sonata? :D :D :D That made my night. It's a really hard decision but if I had to pick one favorite album I'll have to go with Silence.

Also my handle here comes from a Satyricon song that I particularly liked the name to.

susan2010
05-26-2008, 06:50 AM
How could I have forgotten Kate Bush?
"Hounds of Love" is the best.
In male mode, I'm a Radiohead, Led Zep, Jimi Hendrix, early Elvis Costello kinda guy.

susan2010
05-26-2008, 06:53 AM
CD Susan:
I remember "The Girl from Ipanema" very well...great summer song.
Have you ever listened to Bebe Gilberto? She's Astrud's daughter, and does a more modern, smooth kind of Brazilian sound. I think you'd like it.

Claire3
05-26-2008, 06:56 AM
I love abba,roxette and trance.At the end of the day you like cding or whatever to the music you like!So it could be seen as a dumb question and retitled what are your favourite groups/music

RachelVTTV
05-26-2008, 02:34 PM
What about "Man, I feel like a woman"? Love that song, had dreams I sang that Kareoke en femme............

whitelace
05-26-2008, 09:34 PM
:battingeyelashes:My favorite 5 would be

Dream Theater
Led Zep
Pink Floyd
Yes
Deep Purple

The lighter side of my spirit
Astrud Gilberto
Kd lang
Bette Midler
Pink
Myself The newer stuff .... Mostly finger picking acoustic songs

btw it would be very nice to find some sisters here in southern Ct that would like to to put an act together I play guitar piano and sing....lacie

Music is a wonderful feeling of self expression

if music be the song of life ....play on .....lacie

whitelace
05-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Sandy Denny wasn't she the girl that complimented Plant on " Battle of Evermore":battingeyelashes: lacie

susan2010
05-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Whitelace;
Yes, Sandy Denny was the female voice on that Led Zep song. She's best know for a couple of albums with Fairport Convention, one as "Fotheringay", and a few solo albums. She died several years ago after an accidental fall down some stairs.
To really hear her voice, try "The Quiet Joys of Brotherhood". She really soars on that one. "Who Knows where the time goes" can make me cry, especially as she died so young.

whitelace
06-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Thanks!
for the info I'll have to check the songs out that you mention ....lacie:battingeyelashes:

Karren H
06-08-2008, 09:03 PM
No music for me.... I'm usually on makeuptalk or watching an ice hockey game while getting ready... lol

Sweet Jane
06-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I listen to exactly the same kind of music I would listen to if I wasn't wearing a skirt...
Belle and Sebastian, Of Montreal, Neutral Milk Hotel, Arab Strap, Camper Van Beethoven, Apples In Stereo, Bailterspace, Pelle Carlberg, Chris Knox, Guided By Voices, The Flaming Lips, McLusky, The Auteurs, Loves Ugly Children, Ben Lee, ...oh the list just runs on, but its all somewhere between twee indie pop and rawkus indie.........

Angela-Russell
06-19-2008, 11:57 PM
I,ve recently been given a Madonna cd, & now I've got a new song to listen to while getting dressed, "Do you know what it feels like for a girl". Lovely song, gives me a nice feeling inside.

Toni_Lynn
06-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Just to jump into things here with a quickie post ---

When housecleaning -- my favourite outfit and song:

Denim skirt
any top
pantyhose and appropriate undies :daydreaming:

accompanied by

Blue Turns to Grey by (Sir) Cliff Richard -- preferably the Capital (of Canada) 45 rpm single that I own! Gets me go-go dancing and the dusting and vacuuming is done in no time!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

susan2010
06-20-2008, 01:48 PM
I love this thread. "Music is my hot sex".

adelle
06-20-2008, 01:56 PM
QUEEN _ I WANT TO BREAK FREE

Sarah.
06-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Scissor Sisters
CSS
Dragonette
Tegan and Sara
Metric

We have similar tastes, but some of these are new to me. I really like Alala by CSS. I'll add some to that list:

Klee
Alizee
Etro Anime
t.A.T.u.
Madonna (of course!)
Loquat
Cascada

tricia_uktv
06-21-2008, 03:43 AM
As in the other thread, you can't beat musicals. Look at my blog! Once I had a secret love?

Katherine Bell
07-06-2008, 02:20 PM
There are two great songs I would recomend for dressing, both new. The first is I kissed a girl by Kathy Perry and The little things on the Wanted soundtrack. You can find both on youtube and amazon. Enjoy!

TommiTN
07-06-2008, 02:43 PM
The Fleetwoods.

Sarah...
07-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Today it's Jon and Vangelis. Yesterday Tangerine Dream. Tomorrow could be one of any number of other fave sounds. Pink Floyd usually up there, and Abba. Snow Patrol.

Gosh, anything really, depending on mood.

Sarah...

wanda jackson
07-06-2008, 08:55 PM
When I dress up I like to listen almost exclusively to female singers.

early Dionne Warwick
Astrud Gilberto
Dusty Springfield
Irma Thomas
Jackie DeShannon
and of course...Wanda Jackson

I also like to listen to cheesy soundtrack music like Beat at Cinnecita, Schulmadchen Report and Vampyrous Lesbos...really sexy stuff.
And Goldfrapp. And Stereolab.
And when not dressed I listen to Super Furry Animals and lots of reggae and rocksteady.

Rachel89
07-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I'd have to say the absolute #1 song I like to listen to is Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like A Woman". Otherwise, I love listening to Kenny G while Dressed. His music makes me feel romantic.

darla_g
07-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Today it's Jon and Vangelis. Yesterday Tangerine Dream. Tomorrow could be one of any number of other fave sounds. Pink Floyd usually up there, and Abba. Snow Patrol.

Gosh, anything really, depending on mood.

Sarah...
oh i like those too. Not really into Abba. I despised the disco era.

besides those i like some female vocalists. Enya, Tanita Tikaram

sJdgSRzv8wE
a88-Tyl1gkI

and oooh i can't get this out of my head. look at someone's wedding project using Devotchka - Transliterator
XviMAXKvewM

Sally1979ct
07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Intresting topic.

I love to listern to Britney Spears ( Not yet a Girl - Not yet a woman ) maybe half way :)

Sally

Lori31
08-07-2008, 06:45 AM
My musical tastes definitely change en femme. I listen to stuff I probably would not listen to as a guy.

My two favorites would probably be Britney Spears and Shania Twain, but there are alot of girl singers I like to listen to while en femme.