PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun - "The Great Race"

jenniferj
01-21-2008, 11:35 AM
We (guy me and wife) watched this corny old movie the other night and I couldn't get over the dresses and coats (and underwear) that Natalie Wood wore. A very Hollywood, 60's take of the 1900's styles - Wow!

There was a thread a few weeks ago about "The Nanny" and Fran's outfits. I'll take Natalie's anyday! I may have to learn how to sew.

Anybody else inspired by these styles?

-jj

Julogden
01-21-2008, 11:51 AM
I remember seeing that in a theater back when it was a current movie, developed a crush for Natalie Wood.:heehee:

I remember it being very silly and fun too.

Not inspired by the styles, just thought Ms. Wood was a cutie. I was really sad when at her untimely death.

Carol

Annie D
01-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Natalie Wood was so hot in that movie, I was in college (no car) and walked 2 miles down to the movie house to see The Great Race four straight week ends. I dreamed about being in that skimpy outfit she wore in the pie throwing fight for months.

Come away with me to the sweetheart tree!

jennifer41356
01-21-2008, 11:26 PM
The Great Race is one of my all time fave films..Tony Curtis and Peter Falk and Jack Lemmon and of course the hot Natalie Wood

the cake fight was the funniest thing I ever saw as a kid, laughed so hard at that:D:D:D:D:D

docrobbysherry
01-22-2008, 02:36 AM
The Great Race is one of my all time fave films..Tony Curtis and Peter Falk and Jack Lemmon and of course the hot Natalie Wood

the cake fight was the funniest thing I ever saw as a kid, laughed so hard at that:D:D:D:D:D

One of my top 10 movies also. I thought Natalie was SO hot in the pie fite scene, I taped that scene alone!
Now, I want to see it again because I DO remember her other spectacular outfits! ( I wasn't into CDing back then). I'll watch it with my daughter!
RS

Jan W
01-25-2008, 06:47 AM
Love the story, love the acting, LOVE Natalie's dresses.

"Now there's another one the Great Leslie can try on for size"