PDA

View Full Version : Help!

marie354
01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
As some of you already know, I came out about 5 months ago and am now living as a woman. Woo-Hoo!

Anyway... I have obtained signatures from my Psychologist, an RN-NP counselor, and my psychiatrist for surgery when ever I make that decision.

Problem 1... In my area, I haven't been able to find a suitable surgeon.

Two... I'm on Medicare Disability. (COPD, PAD, as well as my gender troubles).

Has anyone, or does anyone know of anyone that has been through this in my area that may be able to help me on my journey? Whether on Medicare or not.
So, I guess my question is financing. With all my current un-paid medical bills, my credit isn't in such good shape.

Any advice? Love ya'll.
Sandy

GypsyKaren
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
I can't help you with the finances, but have you looked into Dr. Brassard in Montreal?

Karen Starlene :star:

marie354
01-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks Karen, I'm working on a way so the financial area will be covered through Medicare & Medicare each picking up a percentage so my expenses won't be too much.
Hormones won't be a problem either. I'll at least be able to get a T-blocker for an enlarged prostate that will be covered fully, as far as I know.

However, If anyone knows of anyone within 50 miles or so of the lower eastern shore on Maryland, that has been through this, that I may talk to, that would be a big help.

Again, Thanks

Love Y'all
~Sandy~