PDA

View Full Version : Proof from a normal day

Phyliss
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Just a bit of proof from an average day.
1. We’re always told to be nice to others and that what “goes around comes around”
I do most of my shoe shopping at the local Payless, and have gotten to know some of the S.A. s , so that when I go in I don’t have any problems. There was one who I had gotten quite comfortable with over time. Happened to be in there about a month or so ago and didn’t notice her. “Oh well, she’s moved onto something else” I figured. Retail has very high turnover rate, so it didn’t surprise me. Walked into my local cell phone store earlier today to pay my monthly bill. Guess who now works there? Was greeted with a big smile and hug. Now if I had been some “creepy” sort of customer at Payless, you can imagine the welcome I would have received . There was another gal working in there also and surprisingly I didn’t feel one bit of embarrassment at the “welcome” or even when we began to talk about shoe shopping, and have I bought anything nice lately. Pleasant 10 minutes
2. Left there and stopped into my nail/ hair salon to recheck my appointment time for next week. Even though there were 4 other customers in various stages of treatments, it just didn’t bother me and quite frankly it didn’t seem to disturb them either. Spent a few moments talking with the tech who I see, deciding what color I’ll want. The tech mentioned that they’ll be hiring a new “nail tech” who does acrylics and gels, (presently this place doesn’t offer that level, which is why I go to another place for that). I smiled at that and mentioned that I’d have to get a “bedroll” to simply “move in” She thought that was a cute statement and went on the same vein with an answer of “That’d be fun, we all could have our way with you.” Giggle, tee hee Talked a bit more about generalities, and I took my leave.
3. Had to go to Fashion Bug to pay my monthly bill, (O M G , didn’t realize I spent THAT much) Anyhow, as I walked in there was a S.A. by the door straightening up one of the displays. As usual she greeted me like any other customer. What made me look twice at her was that she was wearing a skirt and some nice knee high boots, (we can spot things like that from a mile away) Of course I couldn’t resist saying something about the cute boots, ( and they were). Naturally she said thanks and mentioned that they were from F.B. I wondered out loud if they happened to have them in size 10W. Her comment? “Lets go look” (It’s just that easy) Not finding any in that size she said that she’d call another nearby store to see if they had some. (good luck, they do and they’ll be here on Thursday) Naturally this little bit of exchange led to a nice conversation with her, and her mentioning that she’s helped a few men with their dressing needs. Never really said to her “I am a cross dresser” but I guess it didn’t need to be said, she figured it out rather quickly and simply went about her business as a professional should.
4. Needing to get my nails “filled in” I stopped into the salon I usually go to. Again greeted with a smile. Told the tech the number of my “box” ( they have separate boxes of files and emery boards for each “regular” customer, nice touch ) and sat down next to a lady who was drying hers (really pretty, deep burgundy color) complimented her about how nice they looked. Got a smile in return. After the tech was finished filling in and repairing my thumbs which were ready to pop off anyway, she asked me if I wanted to try a light and very sheer shade of pink on my nails. Not being too sure if I wanted to do that she said that she’d put it on one for me to check out. Looked at it for a few seconds and decided that it wasn’t too “blatant” so I had the other 9 done. No “begging” from me or having to come up with an excuse for the color.

So what’s the point of this entire post?
Not really sure except to say that, by being pleasant to others and treating them with respect, it will come back to you in more ways than one.

charlie
01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Hello Phylis!
Seems thqat you have made a good home for yourself and are well accepted. No social deviant stuff is thrown at you and you are treated like any other friend and customer. It just did not happen though. I am sure that there was work on your side too!

Kathy Renee
01-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi Phyliss,
Your normal day would be a fantasy day for some. Also shows what a positive and friendly demeanor can do. Your day also proves that if you shop regularly at a store, you are treated like any other established customer. It has been several years that I have been able to go out regularly. There was a several year period where I was able to go out several times a year. I established similar relationships with SAs and was treated as any GG regular customer. One SA, knowing it might be a couple of months or so before seeing me again, would put a couple of items that she knew I would like in the back when new clothes would arrive. Those were the fun days for me.