PDA

View Full Version : Lad to Lady?

Deborah Jane
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
I,ve just watched Ladette to Lady on the television. [A program where they transform tomboyish young women into Ladies,.. attitude, poise, etc.] If they were to make a television program where they transformed men into women [Lads to ladies?] would you be willing to appear on it? Bearing in mind it could be watched by millions of viewers and you would be definataly "outing" yourself.
I would, anyone else?

Ps sorry mods if i posted this in the wrong section, i know it,s media based but it is also a M to F question.

Amanda Shaft
01-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I’d do it too. It would be really great to have some professionals working not only on make-up but gestures and movement as well. Sign me up.
Amanda x

Lisa Golightly
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I could belch with the best of them... and drink anyone under the table... *hic* :)

Nicole Erin
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
On a show like that you know they would work REALLY hard to make a lad look like a pretty lady.
Yeah I think I would have to do that cause one knows they would look better than they ever have and as we know, it seems the prettier looking CD's get more readily accepted [that is another discussion] so outing would not be a big deal.

DonnaT
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
They have done shows like that. He's a Lady here in the states, and they've done one similar in the UK. They also did one in the UK to form a girl singing group.

And yes, I wouldn't mind a full makeover even if it were on television.

MJ
01-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Lisa Golightly;1163864]I could belch with the best of them... and drink anyone under the table... *hic* :)

right and i can remove that sore tooth from a beautiful woman , And make love to a grizzly bear *hic* .. was that the right order ?

i don't think i would .. what about the long term effects on my family members

docrobbysherry
01-22-2008, 07:21 PM
I wouldn't do that for a mill $$.

However, after they saw me, they would want a mill $$ from ME to do me!
RS

Nicolette01
01-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I might try it- I would tell my wife that it's a gag, and see how she feels about it. Since I haven't gotten to the fully dressed stage yet, it might be a good way to test the waters.

KateSpade83
01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
I would try it. And if they make me beautiful and famous - I'd try modeling after that!

Nicki B
01-22-2008, 08:53 PM
You don't remember this (http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/B/boymeetsgirl/1form.html), then - I think it screened back in 2004? :)

I bumped into one of the guys from that in Manchester, last year (Steve (http://www.channel4.com/life/microsites/B/boymeetsgirl/2contest.html)), with his girlfriend - he was friendly, but they were very careful to pick people who had no pre-existing gender issues.. :hmmm:

Marvina Martian
01-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Um, ya..Duh! ;) I would jump on it in a heartbeat!

crusadergirl
01-23-2008, 01:53 AM
I would do it for sure sounds like fun. Tell me when the show is starting

Kate Simmons
01-23-2008, 02:21 AM
It would depend on the purpose of the program. If it was to promote awareness and understanding of CD/TG issues, I may consider it but if it just had a "wowwy wow" sideshow flavor, they could forget it. My purpose would be to de-mystify CDing somewhat by doing it.:happy:

Suzzie
01-23-2008, 02:22 AM
I would like to give it a try, also. It would only confirm what is already known at the work place and finally set me free. As long as i'm in a group.:yrtw:

Suzzie

JoAnnDallas
01-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Don't know if they still air it, but in Japan they used to have a show where they would transform a man into a woman. Then have a group of judge the person. The judges did not know the person they were judging was a man until after they had filed thier votes. The contestances would parade before the judges. The judges thought it was a beauty contest or similar. After the winner was announced then they told the judges the all the contestances were male. The best part of the show was their reactions standing with the winner.

charllote34
01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
It would depend on the purpose of the program. If it was to promote awareness and understanding of CD/TG issues, I may consider it but if it just had a "wowwy wow" sideshow flavor, they could forget it. My purpose would be to de-mystify CDing somewhat by doing it.:happy:

Great point as ever salandra , a lot of these shows seem to show crossdressing in a " comedic" manner and not one that as any degree of dignity ,although saying that a show that does show transgendered people in a positive light would be sex change hospital currantly on late nights on channel 4

Jilmac
01-23-2008, 10:20 AM
I,ve just watched Ladette to Lady on the television. [A program where they transform tomboyish young women into Ladies,.. attitude, poise, etc.] If they were to make a television program where they transformed men into women [Lads to ladies?] would you be willing to appear on it? Bearing in mind it could be watched by millions of viewers and you would be definataly "outing" yourself.
I would, anyone else?

Ps sorry mods if i posted this in the wrong section, i know it,s media based but it is also a M to F question.

At my age, it would have to be Geezer to Biddy...LOL:laughing: Jill

Dawn Marie
01-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Where do I sign up. I would do it in a heart beat.

Victoria Anne
01-23-2008, 11:31 AM
If it were to bring awareness and understanding of our community then yes I would do it.

Rebecca03038
01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Where do I sign up for the show? I think it would be great. I am sure there are plenty of sisters that are in the business and could make this happen.

Deborah Jane
01-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Looks like a bit of competition to get on then!!

Davina D
01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
These are interesting ideas but television seems to always compromise the idea.

Maybe this group needs to design the show and sell the idea to the networks.

PheonaP
01-23-2008, 04:53 PM
TeeHee - Like this one "At my age, it would have to be Geezer to Biddy...LOL Jill"
OR more likely "Ol' fart to Ol Tart" :hugs::hugs:

Ruth
01-23-2008, 06:25 PM
I think that Channel 4 show 'Boy Meets Girl' had tests to ensure they screened out real CDers of either gender, so none of us would get in.
It's worth remembering that TV shows like this aren't interested in helping troubled people along their life path, but in generating watchable TV.

Pamela Julie
01-23-2008, 08:15 PM
I am certain I would do it. If anyone asks, I would tell them how much they paid for my appearance, maybe emphasize and exaggerate that somewhat.

Pamela:happy:

shirley1
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
yeh i have seen it once or twice and it would be good to learn how to walk like a lady (book on head) elequance,posture - i think most of us cders would fair better than all of the so called geezer gals that go on there - i like the clothes too knee length straight skirts with cardigans - very prim and proper ! yes i would love to be a very polite madam and have gentlemen hold doors open for me ! and talk all posh and sound like i've been to cambridge or somewhere like that !

Angie G
01-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't think so but I'd like to see that. :hugs:
Angie

Jilmac
01-24-2008, 12:26 AM
TeeHee - Like this one "At my age, it would have to be Geezer to Biddy...LOL Jill"
OR more likely "Ol' fart to Ol Tart" :hugs::hugs:

THAT'S A GOOD ONE PHEONA:rofl:Luv and :hugs: Jill

raleighbelle
01-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I want to cut to the front of the line!