PDA

View Full Version : We Love To Dress But Are Not The Same

LA CINDY LOVE
01-23-2008, 12:43 AM
We all love to dress and that is all we may have in-common, As a straight CD I may think different form a gay or bi CD things that are important to me may not be important to some who are gay or bi and what is important to some one who is gay or bi may not be important to a straight CD.

To me passing is very important as a straight CD and yes I know that none of us really pass.......but that is what we all say, but I do feel that some are more passable then others, To me gay and bi Cd's have a better understanding of cross dressing then straight Cd's and to be honest are more real at what they feel and want out of cross dressing.......and yes I could be wrong.

LA CINDY LOVE

quiet_time
01-23-2008, 01:04 AM
I am a bi-CD at the moment but honestly I am really confused with myself. I love to dress, and I love the fact that I have a few close friends who know all my secrets treat me as a woman regardless of what I am wearing.

However at this strange in my life I know there is no way I could pass for a woman without a lot of money. I just am glad I have friends that are supportive of me and indulge me in my fantasy until maybe one day I will reach a decision.

Marvina Martian
01-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Fortunately for me I pass very well, as I am told by numerous others. Dressing well and passing are very important to me, so much that I am changing my body to do so more easily. I just had laser done on my face, bikini and arm pits as my latest step! :D

I guess that I am fairly lucky that I am only 5'6" and am already thin so I look like a girl most of the way anyways! ;)

Stormgirl
01-23-2008, 01:37 AM
uh none of the above?

trannie T
01-23-2008, 01:38 AM
I barely pass as a human let alone as a female human but I still enjoy going out en femme.
As I have posted several times before each one of us is a unique individual with our own needs and desires.

crusadergirl
01-23-2008, 01:48 AM
For me passing isn't that important due to the fact i don't pass at all.

Kate Simmons
01-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Passing is the least of my concerns really. Some of us, for whatever reason, have a better knack for it and are maybe more in touch with ourselves than others, our sexual preference notwithstanding. That and two bucks will get me a coffee :heehee:. My purpose is to have fun being myself and expressing my feelings and I could really give a tinker's damn what others think.:happy:

Raquel June
01-23-2008, 04:07 AM
This is very hard for me to answer, just because because the organization doesn't seem to fit into the way I think of these issues.

I like being girly. I like being attractive. I want to be passable, but I'm not particularly upset about not being more passable. I like to go out and socialize en femme, and I don't really dress up unless I am going out. It's just a social thing, though -- I don't really care much about walking around the mall en femme by myself. It'd be cool if I could and I passed, but I don't really think about it.

I also don't really know how to define my sexuality. I mean, I'm single, and I've only dated girls, but I don't have some problem with gay-ness, and it makes me feel good that a lot of gay people are attracted to me. There are gay people that I like hanging out with and I know they look at me differently than straight guys and I kinda like it. I guess I see myself as a quasi-celebate bisexual, but I don't really like the term bisexual. I just have this problem with being totally in love as soon as I have sex with someone... and well, I don't need to get into all my personal issues. I just care so little about a lot of the things that other people attach a lot of baggage to that I feel I have somewhat transcended the definitions of straight/gay/bi. I really only find women attractive, so I guess that makes me straight, but I absolutely love being touched and wanted, even if it's by a gay guy, so even though I don't have sex with those guys I guess that makes me bi.

I am a bi-CD at the moment but honestly I am really confused with myself. I love to dress, and I love the fact that I have a few close friends who know all my secrets treat me as a woman regardless of what I am wearing.

However at this strange in my life I know there is no way I could pass for a woman without a lot of money. I just am glad I have friends that are supportive of me and indulge me in my fantasy until maybe one day I will reach a decision.

I don't feel quite the same as you, but I know what you're talking about. I have a "confused" feeling in that I don't know what I'm doing, I don't know what I want, etc... but at the same time, I don't care that I'm confused. I'm just floating along doing what I do...

I barely pass as a human let alone as a female human but I still enjoy going out en femme.
As I have posted several times before each one of us is a unique individual with our own needs and desires.

Oh shut up. You're cute! You're probably the best looking 60-year-old CD I've seen, and I've seen plenty -- unfortunately I seem to posess some kind of pheromone that makes them hit on me.

Tracy_Victoria
01-23-2008, 04:09 AM
When dressing I like to try to look as fem as possable, I suppose that is my desire in this, ie to look as female as possable. Basically looking the part is what my dressing is actually all about to me, hence I may experiment with different looks, but the goal at the end of it all, is to find combinations that work.

I'd never pass in a million years in a mini skirt and boob tube, but I hope the looks I do find and like, work for me! I Aim to dress in a smart and stylish way, that looks good but would not make me stand out in a crowd. Ie my goal is to blend in, and not look out of place, to the many others Real girls, just going about there daily routines and lifes.

I hope I get pretty close!

Angela Burke
01-23-2008, 05:40 AM
"Straight, passing and dressing are important to me and I do go out"
Seems to be the category that would apply to me although I only go out dressed to my family and friends who know about my crossdressing.
I'm definitely straight (boy am I straight!) I've never been sexually attracted to other males.
I'm a member of the "try everything at least once" school but I have never been able to have sex with another man.

erickka
01-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm happily married, and passing is not the most important to me. Yeah it would be nice to look 100% girly, but as long as I can express myself, I don't worry too much about passing. Most of all, skirts are a whole lot more comfortable than any man pants!

Melissa A.
01-23-2008, 07:43 AM
I guess I do pass, since I don't seem to attract too much attention when I'm out running errands and stuff, but I try hard not to get too egotistical about it. Events seem to knock you back into place when ya do that! I still get a small amount of nerves when stepping out of the car, even though I've done this a gazillion times! When I go out to a safe place, like a club or something, I feel totally at ease, because passing doesnt matter. Not that getting compliments still isn't great! But most people are nice, they're not gonna tell ya that you look like the bride of Frankenstien!

I have been intimate with men, as Melissa, as explained in another post. But my attraction to women has never waned. I'm still struggling with my sexuality, as it seems to be evolving, so I don't know where it is leading. I had to click the bi box, but I'm sure that doesn't explain fully where my sexuality lies. Or where it is going. I find it all slightly confusing, but not at all scary. I'm sure I will figure it all out, at some point.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Phyliss
01-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Straight , passing , and dressing are important to me, and I do go out (on occasion) and yes I do have a wife, ( not supportive but kinda tolerant)

The idea of being accepted is actually the most important thing to me. What clothes I happen to be wearing at the time are not as important as the feeling of being accepted as another person. There are a few people in my life who have no qualms with how I happen to dress at any particular time and those are my dearest friends. There are those who, because of professionalism, make no negative remark and treat me with politeness. These are nice to deal with, but I can sense that they'd rather be someplace else. I try not to upset them anymore than needed. Then there are those who are,... for want of a better term, "less than informed" these, I shun and don't bother with.

Melissa A.
01-23-2008, 07:53 AM
The idea of being accepted is actually the most important thing to me. What clothes I happen to be wearing at the time are not as important as the feeling of being accepted as another person. There are a few people in my life who have no qualms with how I happen to dress at any particular time and those are my dearest friends. There are those who, because of professionalism, make no negative remark and treat me with politeness. These are nice to deal with, but I can sense that they'd rather be someplace else. I try not to upset them anymore than needed. Then there are those who are,... for want of a better term, "less than informed" these, I shun and don't bother with.

Bingo!

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

MJ
01-23-2008, 08:33 AM
passing is so overrated ..i wish i could .. but i feel just being yourself helps
i am trying to change my appearance well weight . and being so poor i can't Evan pay attention ..let alone laser or body modifications ,I just do the best i can with what i got ..

SarahHall
01-23-2008, 08:45 AM
I am Bi-sexual and am not concerned about passing. I never considered myself anything but straight until I started dressing up. Urges came over me to be with a guy in a sexual way from the first moment.:love:

MarciManseau
01-23-2008, 09:45 AM
You left out a choice that would apply to me - bi and full time. As of this April 25th, I'll have been full time for 7 years! Whoppppieeeee :D

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

Dawn D.
01-23-2008, 12:51 PM
I picked option number two.

I'm straight. Passing is somewhat important to me, however, I did something this past weekend that gave me a whole lot more confidence in not caring what others think. As I said in another post I am working on it!

My lovely Wife and her sister took me out to buy a new wig. Aren't they precious? We went in the wig shop and the S/A there was very young, though, very nice. BTW, I did call the store in advance to make sure they were ok with fitting me for a woman's wig and that I was a crossdresser. I was assured that it was fine. Anyway, I really was not trying to present as female when we went in. I was wearing my GV denim jeans but, only a plain grey sweatshirt as a top. I did wear my playtex bra with my b cup nu-bra pads inplace. So, they showed pretty well though not protruding to invite attention. Heres the kicker though I hadn't put any make up on other than mascara (which I do every day anyway) and I hadn't shaved since the day before. I don't get a real heavy beard (lucky me), but it was obvious. After we bought the wig, we went to The Dollar Tree (a store where there is nothing in it for more than a dollar), I went in with my new wig on, hadn't really intended too at first but thought "what the heck", and had a blast being out that way. Later we went to Target and shopped somemore. I got a few odd looks from some. One fellow stopped dead in his tracks as we approached and just stared, rotating on his heels as we walked by! I kind of chuckled under my breath, kept my head up and strolled right on by. Loved it! The lady s/a at the check out was very courteous. Though, did do a double take after a question she asked, I responded in my normal male voice. She just smiled and said have a nice day! SO we did!!!

Dawn

LA CINDY LOVE
01-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I have to say I am really surprise at the number of straight Cd's that not only go out but have A wife or girl Friend.........that is so good to hear.

It is funny when you hear about crossdressing the first thing people will say is on they must be gay or Bi but you never hear them say on he is straight.

If they only knew the truth..........what will they say?

LA CINDY LOVE

Jackie67
01-24-2008, 03:33 PM
I am straight and I pass, Wife is supportive and we do go out, as Girl friends.
I have 3 children 1 set of twins and the odd 1, They are used to my dressing and wee get along GREAT.
I picked 1.
Have been dressing since Gosh I don't remember.
It's a long time though.:heehee:

joann07
01-24-2008, 04:31 PM
I chose #1.
I'm straight as an arrow, single, never been married, and can pretty much go out whenever I can.
I am soooo attacted to women and love to what they wear, especially pantyhose.
I've been fully crossdressing for just over a year and I'd say that I'm a perfectionist and pay a lot of attention to detail.
And so I'm always making sure that I present myself properly by wearing what's appropriate for wherever I'm going.

Hugs!

mike47
01-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I don't believe I pass. I am gay and I do love to dress. In fact I am dressed right now. I do believe that it would take an awful lot to get me to pass though. I go out and I get alot of stares but I really don't mind. I can't say I don't care because I do to a certain degree. I really should invest in a wig and some breast. I am either too cheap or don't really care that much.

Debutante
01-24-2008, 05:31 PM
As i have a hard time passing in a perfect way. my view is:
if i can emulate a femme woman in some degree, sometimes more
than less, then I can enjoy it.... and maybe publically this will look OK too.
I want myself to look presentable and femme, without being too
weird.
This all takes a lot of time, 'sculpting' a look fo one self that is do-able, and workable.

Ruth
01-24-2008, 05:48 PM
So far, most of the respondents are "straight". I believe this is representative of this website but the question is, does this website have a representative cross-section of CDers?

Jilmac
01-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Yes, I'm straight and love to dress. I'have been doing it for almost 48 years however, I'm still very not passable because I have a full beard which has been part of my male identity for 36 years. In all that time, I have shaved it off completely only four times. My wife recently passed away and being alone now I can dress any time I desire. I plan to get my ears pierced, then I will do the step and shave and learn how to use makeup. Then it's out and about for this girl, passable or not. Luv and :hugs: Jill

shauna 9
01-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Yes, I'm straight and love to dress.

Laura Greenhall
01-24-2008, 08:14 PM
I am a bi-sexual and just waltz around the house say, once or twice a week in skirts and coats.

I have little body-hair, so there's no point in me shaving [legs].

I have to say I am really surprise at the number of straight Cd's that not only go out but have A wife or girl Friend.........that is so good to hear.

It is funny when you hear about crossdressing the first thing people will say is on they must be gay or Bi but you never hear them say on he is straight.

If they only knew the truth..........what will they say?

LA CINDY LOVE

So far, most of the respondents are "straight". I believe this is representative of this website but the question is, does this website have a representative cross-section of CDers?

I think it's somewhat inaccurate to say that most c-ds are homosexual or bi-sexuals; from what I've read it is mainly heterosexuals that do this, yes, of course (and as we can see) there are homo/bi c-ds, but these , in comparison, are few-and-far-between.

When I stated to a (rather Conservative-thinking) friend that I was bi-sexual, his parents immediately said ''ooh, dear, best not leave that [a female garment] lying around, it's [you] queers that dress-up as women''

''No, that's transvestites, not homosexuals, or, indeed bi-sexuals; [-]sexuals are merely those interested in intercourse with their own gender''

Laura

Nigella
01-25-2008, 04:49 PM
I dont give two hoots if I pass or not, for me its who I am, not who others want me to be. I am comfortable dressing in clothing that society says is for females, I do this all the time.

I am comfortable going with or without make up, in a skirt and blouse or just a T and jeans.

Everybody has their own comfort zone.

NatalieBliss
01-25-2008, 06:02 PM
straight. All I aim for is a possible "double take". I will be going out the weekend of feb 8th (unless I freak out and can't get passed the hotel room door)

Nicki B
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Umm - what do you mean by 'straight' and 'gay'??

I'm a mixture of masculine and feminine, but I feel attracted to women - does that make me bi-? :devil:

darla_g
01-25-2008, 06:48 PM
What exactly do you mean by passing? I mean is there some standard definition or something. I guess my point is you might have someone who is drop dead gorgeous and you would swear is a GG and a really amazing looker at that, but once you hear them speak you know its a guy/CD/bi whatever you want to call it. --or-- is it the person that you might see walking in the mall that everyone gawks at? Who gets to set the criteria? and while we're at it is that criteria even valid except for the person who makes their own decision to be out.

So the question gets even more complicated than that. What is the social setting? Is it a club is it dark? are you among friends? Is it a younger, rowdier crowd? there are times that you may choose to try it as you feel like you will pass and others that might be too uncomfortable.

I have to say I have a lot of respect for TS women who just go out and do it because they are committed to their decision to permanently make that change and go out. Incredible bravery!

tamarav
01-25-2008, 08:03 PM
After over 40 years of beating around the bush and playing at dressing I got serious, went to beauty school, got a job in a salon making less that 20% of what I previously made. After some experience I advertised in Craigs list that I was available full time crossdressed. I had three responses in the same day and actually went to work for a cute new salon. They see Tami every day and have seen my male half (or is it 20%?) on two occasions.

I have a very supportive wife of 23 years who goes out with me on occasion, steals my clothes and purses, and has been 100% behind my decision to not fade into retirement an old bald man, but to go out in an egotistical flash of femininity wearing 5 inch heels.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it....

Tami