PDA

View Full Version : The significance and importance of this site

charllote34
01-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi all

About 1 year ago i split with my long term GG and it hit me very hard . Cross dressing wasnt a big part of my life in fact for about 2 years i didnt do it but had been doing it on and off all my life whenever i got the chance .So Anyhow last year i turned my life around and got out of something else that was depressing me for some time ,i dated several other GG and i can only say that when you step away and lose something you love you greatly understand just how much you really love that person .
So about August last year i was happy and had moved on from my long term gg , and decided that i wanted to develop charllote and see how far i could take her. In fact it was fantastic to start with and when i found this site and met some wonderful people ( i wont name them but you know who you are) ,i didnt feel alone and i got through christmas and new year just gone and thanks to you all i had a good end to 2007 .FACT!
But now its 2008 and i dont fell as positive about this all thing anymore , dont get me wrong i have no intention of not crossdressing and coming on here ,but i need a new challenge and a GG in my life so i guess im getting cold feet people, but never underestimate how much support that you give me and i hope i reciprocate that back, remember the things we take for granted are the things we miss the most xxxx
Love and hugs

uknowhoo
01-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Sometimes we wander a bit in life, not quite knowing what catalyst will come us along and nudge us in a (slightly or dramatically) different direction. It sounds like finding and becoming part of this community was a bit of a life-changer for you, perhaps you're wondering where you may be heading next. It seems a very normal, natural place to find oneself from time to time. I do wish you all the best in discovering your path, and in finding a caring GG with whom you can share your life, at least for a time. Just as importantly, Charlotte, I wish you peace and contentment during the journey- even the wandering parts. Love, Tammi

breanna53
01-23-2008, 12:36 PM
i think what you are feeling is normal for any person, we feel good about things, and times come when we have our doubts. It does not have any thing to do with cross dressing. But when the cross dressing is invovled its just another thing in our lives that we get to question from time to time.
As long as you keep a positive attidute things work out. Just another lifes trial. And from your post, you seem to have it together. Good luck

charllote34
01-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks for that Tammi and Breane:hugs:

Sam-antha
01-23-2008, 04:16 PM
I am sure you all know that life would be terribly boring if we stayed put in one theme for all of our naturals.
Like living in one house for ever, without much change in the decorations.
Life is for living and moving with itself.

Charlotte, just get out there and enjoy whatever. and of course the memories of this winter of content.

~Samm with Huggzzes and of course, :drink:for you.

docrobbysherry
01-23-2008, 07:09 PM
I am sure you all know that life would be terribly boring if we stayed put in one theme for all of our naturals.
Like living in one house for ever, without much change in the decorations.
Life is for living and moving with itself.

Charlotte, just get out there and enjoy whatever. and of course the memories of this winter of content.

~Samm with Huggzzes and of course, :drink:for you.

This site my be my saviour! When I first discovered it 4 months ago, I felt like a kid locked in a candy store. Pretty much the same as when I discovered Sherry 2 years ago! My CDing then accelerated at a frightening rate, thru the year end. So much so, I was afraid I was wasting my time dating GG's. As they couldn't compete with Sherry in the sack. And I would think of her, when I was with them.
However, beginning this year, that seems to be changing. I think more about the GG's, and less about Sherry and CDing. I MAY BE moving on! Thank God!

I believe all of u wonderful people here, have allowed me, ( and continue to allow me), to free myself of the singular CD burden I have carried for 8 long and lonely years.

For me, it's better than my therapist was! Doesn't mean I'm giving up CDing, just that the COMPULSION seems to be letting up! I feel I have a choice now.
I can move on with my life now!

Thank u everyone! From the bottom of my heart!
RS

Rachel Morley
01-24-2008, 12:20 AM
This site changed my life. My wife was (and still is) very accepting but I want to tell you that even though my wife likes a feminine partner and looked to date a crossdresser before she met me she wasn't always as accepting and encouraging as she is today.

In the beginning she didn't like to see me in my wig. Clothes, heels, forms and lots of makeup she liked ... but when the wig went on (as many know) .... "the woman suddenly appears" and she was less than comfortable about that in the beginning. She also was not happy about me (us?) going outside en femme. So what changed her? .... this forum!! The moment she became a member here and saw what everyone else was doing, it seemed almost "regular" to for me to wear a wig and go outside. This forum changed things for both of us. I think we would have gotten there anyway because Marla does like me to cross-dress but this forum .... or rather the girls on it ... made a difference in my life. :happy:

Kate Simmons
01-24-2008, 03:13 AM
I was web surfing one day looking for something else and saw this site listed. I said to myself:"What, another sleezy site?" I shrugged my shoulders and checked it out anyway. I was pleasantly surprized when I saw the threads and the caring responses about real issues rather than a campy drag atmosphere that most of these sites have. It took me all of five minutes to put in my application and sign up. I realized that if there was anyone I wanted to share my hopes, dreams, adventures and fears with, it was these folks. The rest is history.

I've gotten new insights and new understanding, not only in TG/CD issues but also with life in general. I've developed a new level of tolerance and acceptance for others for who they are and have balanced myself as I no longer feel overwhelmingingly compelled to crossdress but it has become totally my choice and a form of expressing my inner feelings. I was fairly established before I came here but more in my own little world. I have a new outlook on people and relationships and greatly value everyone here and their feelings and opinions. That is the value of this site for me and that ain't "hay" my friend.:happy:

melissacd
01-24-2008, 07:16 AM
This forum, these wonderful people, have played a very important role in my life. When I started reading this forum in 2004 I was not in a very good place, my father was sick and dying, my long term relationship was failing and I was looking at my own mortality straight in the face. The first posts I made on this site were an example of the depth of my repression and denial and my lack of acceptance of myself.

Through the years I have grown through the things that others have posted, through responses to things that I have posted and through the friendships that I have built on this site. I have gone from guilt and shame and repression to acceptance and love for this part of who I am. I have gone from hiding my stuff away in whatever nook and cranny I could find to living in my own space where I can dress as I please and have all of my things accessible to me.

I feel that the love and acceptance and understanding of people on this site have had so much to do with this growth of my femme self and my internal change from being angry at myself all the time to being hopeful and happier.

Huggs
Melissa

erickka
01-24-2008, 07:26 AM
This forum is an essential part of me being able to keep my balance in life. Everyone here, including our GG members, are just teriffic. I couldn't ask for a better bunch. Hail to our founding sisters for giving us all a place to meet, discuss, vent, and in general, feel welcome and amongst the best of friends.

bEEb
01-24-2008, 08:35 AM
This site.....
Is unique for many reasons.
The first thing I noticed was the spam free, devoid of raunch atmosphere that pervades. Very refreshing and rare.
The large number of intelligent participants and the quality of the interaction is also a scarce commodity in cyberspace.
The vast diversity of all the folks here that share the love of crossdressing and their ability to commiserate in a constructive manner is perhaps the best of all. The backgrounds and experience they bring make every problem solvable (almost) and each enjoyable experience shareable.
Kudo's to the sponsors, moderators and volunteer's that make this venue viable.... and keep it habitable.

charllote34
01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Interesting reading all the replies and once again great points .The massive thing we really have to remember is that obviously crossdressing is the main point and reason why we come here , but we have to keep our main core values of respect for ones fellow man (or woman!) support is the key and without that theres little point of coming here

KandisTX
01-24-2008, 03:43 PM
This forum has given me an opportunity to connect with some sisters around the world that I would never have the option to meet elsewise. I have found some local sisters who need my support, if only through this site, and I have had an opportunity to share my experience and advice to the "new" gurls that come here seeking the same. This site is invaluable to a new crossdresser, and to the old ones like myself.

Kandis:love:

Kathy Renee
01-24-2008, 04:02 PM
This site has been extremely significant for me as a deeply closeted CD. It has provided an opportunity for me to become a part of a community that I was missing in life. There are many support groups in the Denver area but I have not been able to attend meetings to communicate with other CDs. This lack of communication has made me feel like I was in solitary confinement. There are not enough words to describe what it has been like for the past month or so to be in this forum. Seeing some rather strange web sites in my web surfing, the integrity shown by the owners and moderators in the establishment and operation of this forum is exceptional. I find it incredible that within minutes of a question, observation, new member introduction, etc. there will be responses from all over the world. The out pouring of caring support from members cannot be matched. In other words, I love this forum and all the people that are a part of the community.