PDA

View Full Version : Taking your SO shopping...

tommi
01-23-2008, 12:01 PM
Just been confused the last couple of weeks on the shopping matter and what I wondered was how many with SO's that Know but don't accept you
still want your advice while clothes shopping?
Mine can stand my dressing but always wants my advice on the outfits she buys.

bridget thronton
01-23-2008, 01:04 PM
My wife and I shop together often (and sometimes suggest femme clothes for each other to buy).

pamela_a
01-23-2008, 01:40 PM
My first thought is that would depend on who's advice she's seeking? Is she asking for her husband's thoughts (from a male perspective) or from another woman's view?

-Paula-

tommi
01-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Paula I'm never sure to be honest but when there is a change in trend that's
when she drags me out the most.

JoAnnDallas
01-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Last time my wife and I went clothes shopping was Christmas Eve when she bought me my Pink Robe, Pink Satin PJ's and Pink fuzzy slippers. It was my Christmas present. She at first was only going to buy the robe, but she asked me if I want anything else, so I said I would like a pair of Pink Satin PJ's. So we got those and then she said you want new slippers to go with this. I said yes and picked out the Pink fuzzy pair.

Richelle
01-23-2008, 03:41 PM
My wife, who does not support Richelle, does not want my advise on clothes for her. The last time we shopped for her together (I was in male mode) she was afraid that each time I said I liked something I was really say I wanted for me. I Told her that was not the case but she did not believe it.

Richelle

JenniferR771
01-23-2008, 04:22 PM
Me too, Richelle! My wife does not support--in fact, she gets angry if i mention cd or anything related--that is unless she brought it up herself. She no longer takes me shopping with her. Won't ask for my opinion.

PheonaP
01-23-2008, 04:44 PM
My SO hates shopping. I do the weekly grocery shopping so that she doesn't have to. The only time she wants to go shopping (a rare occasion) is for clothes and then I am considered the fashion guru (does this go well with this? etc). I am also the clothes hanger and fashion model when she wants to see what an item looks like from a distance. Gets me a few strange looks, but if there's a problem with it, then it's THEIR problem, not mine.

Deanna2
01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
I love shopping with my wife for a number of reasons.

One is that she likes to shop both hands so I get to carry her handbag - in public, no less.

She is always asking my opinion, but I have to be careful. If I feel that she really likes an item and I get too enthusiastic, she won't buy it because she knows what I like in femme gear and it is different from what she likes to wear. That means that when she comes out of the fitting room with something that I do like and want her to buy I have to be off-hand about it. If she thinks I don't like it, she'll buy it. That way we are both happy.

breanna53
01-23-2008, 06:02 PM
we go shopping all the time together. She picks out things that go together. And there are times i even manage to pick a few things out too. Shes got a better sense of what will go together than i do.

gretchenD
01-24-2008, 01:23 PM
My fiance Nikki and I love go shopping together,she once in a while picks something out for me and I like it.Even her sister and my future sister in law Erin goes shopping with us once in a while.I admit it that shopping with my fiance is fun and we have a ball.She once in a while buys something for me,my fiance recently bought me a handbag that I fell in love with after seeing it.My fiance's sister Erin even once in a while buys me something.

DonnaT
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
My wife always asks my opinion. She doesn't like it when she wants to go shopping and I don't.

Recently, she told me she can't stand it when I go shopping alone. She told me she didn't want to hear that I was out shopping, even if it was for her birthday, Xmas, or whatever.

So, now, if she calls and asks where I am, or was, I don't say.

shauna 9
01-24-2008, 08:17 PM
we go shopping all the time together. She picks out things for me and I pick out fo her.

Carly CD
01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Me and my wife shop together all the time.She'll pick out things for me and I'll find things for her.We have alot of fun together.I also always buy her something if I'm shopping alone for Carly.And sometimes she does the same for me.