PDA

View Full Version : SRS News !!!

Katie Ashe
01-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Hello everyone. I just got the best news in the whole world mins ago... My health plan in Massachusetts will pay for SRS as long a I can get a "Medically Nes" letter from my Doc. All my docs and therapist already said they would give, I'm working on appts to get them.

http://www.bmchp.org/pages/home.aspx

I talked to Dawn the other night about SRS, She says she is ok with this. Loosing my job may have been the best thing that ever happen to me, dispite how cranky I was, and I get to keep my wife and kids too. I really should be more thankful :o for what I have.

Everyone dance for me :rave: & :bw:

Kieron Andrew
01-23-2008, 01:23 PM
wow this is a step for USA for them to pay for SRS....good for you....its about time it happened for people

CaptLex
01-23-2008, 01:27 PM
wow this is a step for USA for them to pay for SRS....good for you....its about time it happened for people
No kidding - go Massachusetts! Congrats, Katie . . . :cheers:

Sharon
01-23-2008, 01:29 PM
Wow, very cool, Katie!! Congratulations!! :hugs:

Geez, when I was looking for a health plan last year -- and I checked out scores of them, but, obviously, not yours -- they all had specific clauses excluding anything to do with TG expenses. I felt fortunate that the plan I finally chose pays for the endo and drugs. It might be time for me to look into switching companies if possible.

Anyway, a big whoop from me to you. :happy:

Mean Green Irene
01-23-2008, 04:41 PM
That's great news! The more insurance companies that cover us the better.

Here in New Mexico Cigna refuses to cover any TG medical expenses.

But looking at the state law protecting all TG'ers I believe that the insurance company might be forced to change their policy. I just need to find a scrappy lawer that wants to make a name for themselves not a bunch of money.

Irene

Felix
01-24-2008, 07:20 AM
That's ace Katie, more of the same for everyone, thats what I say!!! xx Felix :hugs:

Genifer Teal
01-24-2008, 06:35 PM
That is great news. Maybe it's time to look at some property.

Gen

Amy Hepker
01-24-2008, 06:58 PM
One small step for Man/CD Kind!!!

Cara Allen
01-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Inquiring minds must know... Who is the insurer?

Is it Blue Cross? I have had offhanded information that they will pay for various things, based on how it is processed....?

Kieron Andrew
01-25-2008, 09:47 AM
Inquiring minds must know... Who is the insurer?

Is it Blue Cross? I have had offhanded information that they will pay for various things, based on how it is processed....?

its BMC HealthNet Plan she posted a link above

CaptLex
01-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Really? Do you have any examples? :thinking:

Katie Ashe
01-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks for all your support, the hick-up here is all the doctors went to Canada. I have had no luck finding surgens in MA yet. My Endo doc whom has been treating HRT to MTF/FTM's for 40 years told me to go to Montreal Canada, they are the best in the world, and most MA doc's ended up there. I have appts tomarrow with my doc, whom might have suggestions. I have seen pics from the Florida center, there ok, but the post op pics from Canada look so much more promising. Here are the most respectable and recommended places in the world for GRS GRS Centers (http://www.trasek.net/ulkolinkit2.htm) You can find links to post op pics if you look for them. What good is insurance if you don't have doc's? I'm really hoping for the best at the end of my road. I would go to Boston for surgery but... The unknown is starting to get me nervious. Anyways I need to go, just wanted to up-date you wonderful people to the info . Super Hugs...

Side note, hair removal of privates is almost manditory and takes one year, and scheduling a surgery date is almost always none refundable of deposit. There are other requirments also, like HRT for 1 year RLT for 1 year, etc...

Mean Green Irene
01-30-2008, 10:30 AM
The list of GRS doctors is very good but I noticed that Dr. Christine McGinn. of Philly and Dr Bowers of Trinidad Co. was not evident. But I did not know of most of the others. The list certainly gives us some options. Many Thanks.

Please keep posting I look forward to reading all that you have to say. Those of us waiting until we can have the surgery and those that are just thinking sincerely appreaciate your experiences.

With Love, Irene

GypsyKaren
01-30-2008, 10:57 AM
I know quite a few who went to Marci Bowers (http://marcibowers.com/grs/gender.html) in Trinidad, including our own Plain Jane, I'm sure if you PM her she'll be more than happy to tell you about it.

Karen Starlene :star:

Katie Ashe
01-30-2008, 03:33 PM
As for Insurance companies go... I know first hand Tufts & Blue+ Blue) Do not cover meds or precedures. For those whom read my post a few years ago. I fought all the way the the medical board of BL+ BL) and lost: for medical coverage, as they say it is cosmedic and un-nesesarrrry for those kind of procedures to be done. What ever A-Hole... Prostate cancer should be taking off the list too, maybe even heart disease cause you couldn't eat health we're not responsible for your heart. Stupid isn't it. Some of us need this GRS to survive. It so happens I'm one of them.
As for the list of GRS centers, it may not be current, but I'm trying to help all those in my shoes too. The list is mostly for the GRS Center that try to help us, I'm sure Doc's come and go as do all, but the Centers don't change I wouldn't think.?. Anyways I'm of to work. Will update after my Urology appt tomarrow. I'll explain why I need this GRS later...

Kieron Andrew
01-30-2008, 03:34 PM
I know quite a few who went to Marci Bowers (http://marcibowers.com/grs/gender.html) in Trinidad

That was my first thought shes MtF herself and a bloody good surgeon

Katie Ashe
02-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Well here is the deal, It is not possible to have SRS, cause all the Docs went to Canada. For once insurance will pay, and no where to go. What a crock :thumbsdn:. Anyways just wanted to tell you. I am running low on faith, as my wife is happy I can't get it done. We will be starting marriage counsiling soon... She is having problems brweaking the traditional barriers so duely inforced as a little-girl. So one slap me please?

Dalece
02-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Katie, Hope all goes well for you and everything else turns out bright and sunny :cheer: