PDA

View Full Version : percentages

Rebecca_Annette
01-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I guess this has been covered elsewhere, but I can't find it (age thing)

I read recently that in UK it's estimated that upto 25% of males crossdress to a certain degree.

Then I read (in an "Agony Aunt" type thing) that about two million men in UK crossdress. (UK population = 60,000,00. Adult male population = 15,000,000 (?), 25% = 3,500,000 (is that right?)

Obviously a big difference in numbers there....

Has anyone any ideas of how many of us there are really out there (or out here?)

mike47
01-24-2008, 04:53 PM
That really is a good question. I have honestly never thought of it. In all reality I never would have thought this web site would exist not too long ago. I am glad that it does though.

Ruth
01-24-2008, 05:29 PM
..."crossdress to a certain degree"... is the phrase here. The well known national hero David Beckham is supposed to have worn his wife's panties but is he therefore a CDer in the same bracket as Grayson Perry?
I think the 25% figure includes the Beckham types, whereas males who dress fully in female clothes on a regular basis are more like 2-3%.
This is very much a figure plucked out of thin air, so don't go round quoting me.

SherriePall
01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't think that we'll ever really know how many of us there are. It would take a wide-spread survey in which every male would have to answer honestly. I don't see that ever happening. I do think that the membership of this forum only scratches the surface as far as the total of CDers around the world.

SandyR
01-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Mu gut, says about 1% to 5% of the total population. Still, that alot of skirts......

SandyR

sissystephanie
01-24-2008, 10:04 PM
If you are a biological male and wear feminine clothing fo any sort, you are a Crossdresser, according to standard definitions! You may be much more than that if you desire to "be" a female. But for statistical purposes, I think we are all lumped together as CD's, or even worse, TV's or TG's. All the studies I have perused indicate that approximately 10% of the male population engages in some sort of "CD" activities. Now if you take 10% of the entire male population, and discount the very young, very old, and maybe tribal people, you don't have such a large number. I have no idea what the number is, or would be, but I think it is entirely feasible. This Forum merely scratches the surface, unfortunately!

I doubt that 25% of the male population in the U.K. are CD's. BTW, Scots men wearing Kilts are not doing a CD activity!

Sissy/Stephanie

Gitl on the outside, man underneath!

ericalynncd
01-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Our city commisioner announced today on tv that our community has 1 out of every 200 are TG. and our city is TG friendly and our rights are protected..

linnea
01-24-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't think that we'll ever really know how many of us there are. It would take a wide-spread survey in which every male would have to answer honestly. I don't see that ever happening. I do think that the membership of this forum only scratches the surface as far as the total of CDers around the world.

Even it's only one percent, it is a lot of skirts. I think--to pick my own numbers out of the air--that for every one CD who joins a forum or a support group or in any other way steps up to the CD plate and takes a swing, there are probably ten others who remain entirely in the shadows. A forum like this is encouraging. At least we can acknowledge each other here.

linnea
01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Our city commisioner announced today on tv that our community has 1 out of every 200 are TG. and our city is TG friendly and our rights are protected..

Where is your city? I think that I would like to visit.

trannie T
01-24-2008, 10:41 PM
25% is far too high. Think about how many crossdressers are 'out.' How many crossdressers do you know? Even as deeply hidden in the closet as most of us are if we were a substantial percentage of the population there would be some prominent crossdressers around. A pretty good number of men have put on a bra or a pair of panties but did not have the desire to dress as dress as we do. One percent of the population might be a good guess, if so of the 300,000,000 Americans 1,500,000 could be male to female crossdressers.

MarciManseau
01-24-2008, 11:30 PM
I guess this has been covered elsewhere, but I can't find it (age thing)

I read recently that in UK it's estimated that upto 25% of males crossdress to a certain degree.

Then I read (in an "Agony Aunt" type thing) that about two million men in UK crossdress. (UK population = 60,000,00. Adult male population = 15,000,000 (?), 25% = 3,500,000 (is that right?)

Obviously a big difference in numbers there....

Has anyone any ideas of how many of us there are really out there (or out here?)

You've forgotten that all of the people there aren't men, and many are still kids.