PDA

View Full Version : There's got to be ...

Byllie
01-24-2008, 11:07 PM
More to CDing, social-wise, than clubbing. At least, I hope there is. So, I'd like to ask, what other social activities have you engaged in *other* than going to parties, clubs or dining out? Bowling? Concerts? What?

Nicole Erin
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
There are the support groups. Some are just for a quiet get together of our sisters, and some are more structured.
If you can find CD friends in your area that is a plus.

There are plenty of activities for us girls but they are not always easy to find cause as you know, we are kind of secret.

The best thing to do is to network with other girls in your area to learn more of the happenings. Even if you do not get to attend too many things, you will learn more of what is available.

For me, most of my outings with sisters has been clubs, parties, dining out...

You could also just live part time as a woman and go about your normal life en femme, nothing wrong with that.

teresa jeen
01-24-2008, 11:20 PM
thats what ive been thinking , we can also do our guy thing and be fem at the same time. we have interest that span both worlds so why cant we talk about them also.

Jenna1561
01-24-2008, 11:34 PM
I pretty much live as Jenna except for work and family visits, so I do most everything enfemme.

Jenna

Billijo49504
01-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Grocery store and the mall shopping. Is that social enough? I just dress as I'm comfortable. Not to impress anyone else...BJ

DeeInGeorgia
01-25-2008, 11:43 AM
The Atlanta Tri-Ess group gets us out bowling, the Aquarium, movie theaters, Art gallery, train museums, Titanic exhibit and more.

I am not into the clubbing scene or dancing, so this group works out well for me.

Dee

Cara Allen
01-25-2008, 11:48 AM
More to CDing, social-wise, than clubbing. At least, I hope there is. So, I'd like to ask, what other social activities have you engaged in *other* than going to parties, clubs or dining out? Bowling? Concerts? What?

allot of what is possible depends on whether you go alone, or with friends.

There are tons of things to do! If you go with others, honey, you can do anything!!! If you go alone, you have to be more selective, but you still have many options.

I have gone to plays, movies, wandered around college campuses (they thinki you're an instructor,) TG CONVENTIONS are a big one, there are also cruises for TG's, TG vacations, the list is really no different than for youre regular everyday, average girl...

Mitch23
01-25-2008, 11:51 AM
in addition to shopping, parting, clubbing and eating out?

for me there's the theatre, the cinema, music cocerts and visiting stately homes

mitch

JoAnnDallas
01-25-2008, 01:38 PM
The dallas Tri-Ess group does other things than have meetings. Like this Saturday we are having dinner together at a local Restaurant and then going over to a local Dress Barn for a after hours shopping spree. Then in Feb we will have our "Boys Night Out" where we all come in drab and with our SO's and have a Valitines Dinner. We also have a monthly get together at a local Tea House for an afternoon Tea. We also have a booth at the DFW Pride Festible and walk in both the FW and Dallas Pride Marches. Our chapter is very visiable to the public. LOL

Emily Ann Brown
01-25-2008, 04:30 PM
Whateve a GG does I do ...... clubbing is just for the sisters that need the safe environment (nothing wrong with that though).

Emily Ann

Nigella
01-25-2008, 05:00 PM
YOU CAN do whatever you like, its still a free country, or it was last time I looked.

Only one thing holds you back, your own fears :2c:

Eugenie
01-25-2008, 06:22 PM
what other social activities have you engaged in *other* than going to parties, clubs or dining out? Bowling? Concerts? What?

I take walks in town with "sisters", I enjoy being able to share some impressions when being "en femme" with a friend in the street.

I often invite a good GG friend of mine and cook diner for her when my wife is not home (Note that My wife knows that and even knows that I receive our friend "en femme".) Then we discuss long hours about all sorts of subjects, some of which concerning x-dressing but most of the times we talk about other subjects.

I have yet to find an occasion to go shopping with a "sister" when I'm in Brussels.

I'm tempted to go "en femme" for walks in the country side, but haven't had the occasion to do so with a sister or with a GG friend.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Nicki B
01-25-2008, 06:44 PM

Cinema, theatre, BBQs in friends' gardens, picnics, motorcycle rideouts, shooting, airshows and holidays in the US (the Empire State in Feb - brrrr!) spring to mind, for me...

I know plenty of girls who have done museums, stately homes, horse races, preserved railways, Mediterranean cruises and holidays (e.g. Spain), watched & raced motor cars, played netball & tennis, gone flying, sailing and even trips on canal narrow boats... :)

Isn't it more important to ask what do you want to do? And if you want it to be 'social', it mostly depends who else you know, locally.. Unless you can arrange to meet further afield with someone who shares a similar interest?

SweetCaroline
01-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Plenty. I host a once a month dinner party at a quaint local restaurant, keep in mind, this isn't the big city, we're close to cow country out here. I've been to malls and shopping plazas, both by myself and with groups. I walked around the college campus I attend and took pictures.

The places I've been are too numerous to list.

Sometime I just walked up and down public streets just because I could. It can be scary at first, but once you've done it a few times you'll wonder what ever it was you were scared of.

SandyR
01-25-2008, 07:40 PM
There is always star bucks, or the local gun shop.....heheheh...

Love the new Avitar Emily!

Hugs!

SandyR

mollytyler
01-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Have mainstreamed as Molly since 16......24/7 with LOTS of help over the years......

Karen Francis
01-26-2008, 09:57 AM
We all have differing comfort levels when it comes to going out, usually tied to our perception of ourselves in relation to the public eye.

A local gal had the same problem, so she started organizing what she calls LNO's. Ladies Night Out, usually to a local restaurant, about 10-12 in a group. Very satisfying experience. Logical extension is to go to other public areas, like museums but here is the rub:

Not everyone is willing to go out in the public fishbowl, at a restaurant's side room you have the occasional gawker, but the safety in numbers makes up for it. The clientele at these restuarants are higher class who don't make a scene about what they see. We all know the minefields out in the real world, teenagers, 20 something macho guys who can make a group of us absolutely miserable. The trick is to find locales that accomodate varying needs. But I would do as much advance planning as possible, going to the venue and discussing the plan with the management or whatever.

Byllie
01-26-2008, 05:36 PM
There is always star bucks, or the local gun shop.....heheheh...SandyR
Now wait a minute! I *love* Starbucks. I grew up with expresso and often find other coffee brands too weak.

And girlz, thanks for all the great ideas and encouragement.

susie evans
01-27-2008, 08:10 PM
any thing that i would do in male mode :heehee:

susie

renee k
01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Whateve a GG does I do ...... clubbing is just for the sisters that need the safe environment (nothing wrong with that though).

Emily Ann

I agree, with Emily whatever you do that a GG would do. Like running errons enfemme. Or anything in the normal routine of things.I guess would constitute what you have in mind. If I'm dressed and need to run out get something. I don't change to drab. I just go out and take care of it. Of course I'm not usually dressed in a gown when I go out, just dressed to blend in.

Huggs, Renee

jennifer41356
01-27-2008, 09:49 PM
I pretty much live as Jenna except for work and family visits, so I do most everything enfemme.

Jenna
Jenna, you took the words right out of my mouth:D:D:D:D

Kate Simmons
01-28-2008, 02:57 AM
I dunno, I suppose some feel the need to do that so as to validate who they are, etc. Most of my friends and the people I associate with go to the local LGBT resort I go to, so that is where I spend most of my time with people I have the most in common with. I see no reason to "uncork the bottle" really and extend myself unless I'm trying to prove some kind of point. I do go to other get togethers with my CD friends , such as picnics or whatever but these can be enjoyed in either mode really. It's mostly about the friendship and association for me in any case.:happy: