PDA

View Full Version : It Just Keeps Getting Easier

Jilmac
01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Todat I decided to do some dress shopping so the first thing I did was to underdress making sure my equipment was tucked safely away. I put my homemade breast forms in a large makeup case and off I went. My first stop was Value Village. I carried my makeup case into the store, grabbed a cart and went right into the women's section. I found a couple of nice half slips, a skirt with a purple flower print on a black background, a denim mini skirt, and a couple of dresses, then I headed for the dressing room.

After inserting the forms into my bra, I tried everything on. The dresses didn't fit but everything else did, so I walked up to the checkout and had to wait in line because only one register was open. A woman behind me in line was eyeballing the items in my cart. I flashed her a big grin and said "they're all for me" then I proceeded to show her each item. After I payed and was leaving she said to me "enjoy your new clothes". Still smiling, I told her to have a good day, and walked out the door.

My next stop was Goodwill where I found a black skirt with a chain belt and a knee slit on the left side as soon as I walked in the door. I found several dresses, an ivory blouse, a red jersey top and a bra. This particular store keeps their dressing room doors locked until a customer needs to use one. When the store employee opened the door she counted each item and could see that they were all women's clothes. All but two items fit and when I exited the dressing room, I handed her the two and told her that everything else fit.

As I was going toward the checkout, I spotted the woman from Value Village. I showed her the items in my cart and told her "I'll be dressing in style tonight". She smiled and wished me luck with the rest of my shopping. At the register a male employee checked me out. He asked me if I found everything I needed, I told him yes and laid it all on the counter, handed him my seniors discount card, paid, and left happy. I'm wearing some of the items I bought as I write this thread, and as the title says, it just keeps getting easier. Next time I might try Penney's or Kohl's.

Luv and :hugs: Jill

Brenda1423
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM
That sounds lika a great day. I've gotten braver with every outing but next week my wife returns and that will be the end of it. I'm glad you're able to do your shopping so easily. I wish for more happy shopping days for you.

Melora
01-25-2008, 12:05 AM
You are soo cool!! Keep it up!!

Marvina Martian
01-25-2008, 01:31 AM
You are right, the more you do it the easier it is and more comfortable you will become!

Chari
01-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Every adventure begins with one small step! Now that you have been out and bitten by the "shopping bug", it will all become easier! You will find some stores are CD friendly and very helpful, while most don't care what you wear as long as you spend $. Always smile, be confident, and comfortable with who you are.

Enjoy, Chari

Becca
01-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Sorry to say, my situation makes such an experience impossible, yet it is great to read about how well you and some of the others on this site are doing. Keep it up, and DO enjoy all your new clothes.

Cara Allen
01-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Good for you! I used to be very nervous, but it is true that it gets easier with time. I pickeds out some things at goodwill, as well, walked up, smiled and paid, told the clerk to have a good day, and left.

Also, some goodwill stores have an optometry office now, too. The lady there was nothing but sweet and helpful, and understanding. AND the glasses are very pretty, too!

Best of luck, shopping the bargains!

JoAnnDallas
01-25-2008, 10:15 AM
I have now shopped in both drab and fem modes. I remember once in Walmart, I was in drab and bought a complete outfit. As I was shopping a SA came up and asked if I needed any help. I took a deep breath and asked her if the skirt and top I had in my basket went together. She picked them up, looked at them and said yes they do. She then asked if I had jewlery to go with them. I said no, so she took me over to the jewelry section and helped me pick out a set of clip on earrings and neckless. I also picked up a new watch too. Then she asked about shoes. I said I should get a new pair to go with my new outfit. So again she takes over to the shoe department. She asked me my size and we browse the shoes. We find three pair that look to go with the outfit. She gets me a pair of the nylon foot thinges and I sit down and try out all three pair. I finially select a pair. She then asked if I needed anything else. I said No but thank you for you help. She replied your welcome, ask for me anytime. I said OK and proceeded to goto the checkout area.