PDA

View Full Version : Where do you shop for great buys on clothes?

timme
04-19-2005, 04:30 AM
Hi my Sister's,
I wonder if all the girls stoop as low as I do to add new outfits to our ward robes?I shop mainly at thrift shops around where I live.Like today for example I was in the "Good Will Store" in my town.I found a suit in my size,it was a real bargin! The suit (skirt suit) was a Kasper ASL designer suit.This suit had never been worn since the orignal store tags were still on it.The real eye opener was that it cost $179.99 according to the store tag when it sold in the department store where it came from (Dillards) I bought it For a price of $4.00! I feel this is a great bargin? I have found other great bargins at other thrift shops too like Salvation Army,places like Ross's discount stores have good bargins on lingirie.I also found not only great buys on clothes in place such as these,but since I like to wear vintage clothing form the 50-80's I find some nice dresses,& occasionaly suits from era.Another good buy is the formal wear which shows up in the summer after graduation, prom,& wedding gowns bride's formals.Call me cheap call me anything you want (except don't call me late for dinner! :D ) ,but my new designer suit for $4.00 is to die for and looks soooo :) nice on me? Do you girls those who have the "nerve" :rolleyes: to shop for there female clothing go to these places? Where do you girls shop for bargin's on clothes.
HUGS
TIMME

JoHagen
04-19-2005, 04:59 AM
Thrift stores (when the wife isnt looking, heehee). Underwear from Macys or something like that. Dont do Thrift underwear. :p

Jo :rolleyes:

Wendy me
04-19-2005, 05:57 AM
yes were ever you find what you are looking for is a real good thing saveing some money along the way just means more shopping .... and as jo saiod yes some things you don't want to buy at the thrift store....

Kathleen3359
04-19-2005, 06:06 AM
Hi evryone!! Oh i shop many places such as Target, walmart, Kohls,
Any where there is a good sale..I have shoped on line too..
I have heard of the thrift stores haveing great prices..
I will have to try it ..
Thanks for the info...Have a good one...
Kathleen xoxo

GypsyKaren
04-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Good morning to Timme
I shop anywhere and everywhere for clothes, including Goodwill and Salvation Army re-sale shops. I found my favorite short black dress there for $3. It's my **** outfit. Anyplace you can find something you like that actually fits you is a good place.

DonnaT
04-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Catching the extreme sales at fashion bug or the dress barn.

TrueGemini'sWife GG
04-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I have to say, the best sales I have found for Gem are at Wal-Mart. They always have her size and the things she really likes!

And for shoes? Pay Less.

Gem keeps me on a tight budget. She knows me too well...
:D

Wendy me
04-19-2005, 08:25 AM
wendy shakeing and trembleing .........thinking must shop....... must shop now ...........

Carole/CCD
04-19-2005, 09:46 AM
I have gained confidence in shopping en drab and can now shop almost anywhere . I agree Dress Barn is good so is the Burlington Coat Factory BUT I am having problems finding OBG ( open bottem girdiles ) any body have any ideas or success

wendy
04-19-2005, 11:48 AM
I used to never consider thrift stores at all. I now make it part of my shopping regimen.

The prices at thrift stores can't be beat, especially if you are on a tight budget (like me). On the other hand, I find selection for lingerie at thrift stores to be hit and miss, sometimes the selection is good while other times it is quite paltry.

As for that musty smell, I've not yet encountered garments purchased at thrift stores smelling musty, if anything I found it smells like laundry detergent.

If I do go to department stores, I go to those that don't have any sales staff manning that department. That way I can browse at my leisure without anyone asking if I need help.