PDA

View Full Version : My Mrs Doubtfire Moment

windycissy
01-26-2008, 02:03 PM
I rarely get read these days, so when it happens it comes as a shock: the other day I was at Penney’s when I passed two teenage girls and one of them said behind my back, “Mrs. Doubtfire!” I don’t know what offended me more: being read, or being compared to an elderly woman!

Tracy_Victoria
01-26-2008, 02:27 PM
You can never tell with peoples comments, seems a strange thing to call a TV/CD you have read?

Once when I was out, I was called a fat cow by an ignorant young prat, little did he relise he actually made my day, he saw me as for how I was presenting, and not for being a large guy in womans clothes.

Mrs Doubtfire is a very strange term to use?

lisa_e_love
01-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Mrs. Doubtfire might mean that they read you. That seems to be a very odd choice. But who really knows and, when it comes down to it, who really cares what they think?

windycissy
01-26-2008, 03:11 PM
That's how I took it too...so I kept on shopping, and my confidence was restored after I bought a wrap and a wallet to go with my new purse, no big deal.

Jenn2716
01-26-2008, 03:13 PM
You can never tell with peoples comments, seems a strange thing to call a TV/CD you have read?

Once when I was out, I was called a fat cow by an ignorant young prat, little did he relise he actually made my day, he saw me as for how I was presenting, and not for being a large guy in womans clothes.

Mrs Doubtfire is a very strange term to use?

Even though the teenage girls were being rude, it is not unusual to hear "Mrs. Doubtfire" being applied to a transgendered person. In case you are not familiar, Mrs. Doubtfire was a movie in which Robin Williams played an actor that had to dresss/pretend that he was an elderly woman so that he could see his kids after he was denied visitation rights when he and his wife were divorced.

I agree with windycissy though that I'd be more hurt to be compared to Mrs. Doubtfire because of the age of the character, not just because it is a TG character.

trannie T
01-26-2008, 05:21 PM
You may be read by many people but teenage girls will usually be the first to make a comment. I know that I don't pass but I hardly ever hear any comments.

Amy Hepker
01-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I really do not care what anyone thinks as long as I am happy with myself.

Angie G
01-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Coming from a teen I wouldn't worry about it hun :hugs:
Angie

KateSpade83
01-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Well, they'll definitely read you at Carson Pirie Scott where they ask for ID when you pay credit card! I'll always get read there!

windycissy
01-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Well, they'll definitely read you at Carson Pirie Scott where they ask for ID when you pay credit card! I'll always get read there!

Here's the cure for that: when you're in guy mode, use your credit card to buy yourself a Visa gift card, which you can then use anywhere like a credit card without ID...or, pay cash!

Dalece
01-27-2008, 12:49 AM
I like Windy Cissy idea I useally use cash my self. It is easier and have no problems asking for ID or anything.

KrissyTN
01-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Cissy,

Remember in the movie when Mrs D through the orange at the guy and when he turned around she said "Oh, I saw the whole thing sir, it was a drive by fruiting!!" That's what you should have done! :)

Krissy

Cara Allen
01-27-2008, 08:01 AM
I rarely get read these days, so when it happens it comes as a shock: the other day I was at Penney’s when I passed two teenage girls and one of them said behind my back, “Mrs. Doubtfire!” I don’t know what offended me more: being read, or being compared to an elderly woman!

Well, being told you look like Dustin Hoffman... that would bother me!

windycissy
01-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, being told you look like Dustin Hoffman... that would bother me!

Actually, I think it was Robin Williams...this is the outfit I was wearing at the mall, look like an elderly nanny to you?

http://p1.hotornot.com/pics/HE/HY/NR/KY/EEESERRMGJRQ.jpg

vikki2020
01-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Nope, you look like a very classy lady!Teen girls have to be the toughest test!--I had a rare day off a couple of weeks ago,but had to be "back" by 3 pm--so I was kind of hurried.We had a day near 50 degrees, so I went out for a quick drive, and walk.Wasn't by best effort at dressing, but who cares, I'm goin out rite? As luck would have it, I kept running into groups of high school girls at bus stops,and lets just say there was no fooling them!But as I walked up to them, I knew it was coming,and you just have to shake it off,and smile.Just makes you stronger,and a little e-z'er the next time.

Nicole Erin
01-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Doesn't matter how you dress or look - Somethingteen girls will judge and often comment. There isn't much way around that. They are insecure themselves and want others to share that insecurity.

docrobbysherry
01-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Another good reason for me to stay in the closet!
I think I look exactly like Mrs. Fryer with out a doubt! Rite?
Don't need anyone else pushing it in my face!
RS

joann426
01-27-2008, 02:23 PM
hi every one not to get off the subject but does any one here know about shaving therebottoms i did and the prickly hairs do hurt when you sit on it does any one knoe what to do with this problem or just leve it grow back

Cara Allen
01-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Actually, I think it was Robin Williams...

Nope. It's Dustin Hoffman. Sorry, dear! (smile) However, you DO look more like CYNDI Williams... Maybe that's how she got so terribly confused....

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/movie/tootsie/

Jilmac
01-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Cheer up Cissy, they could have called you Tootsie....Jill

AllieSF
01-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Tootsie was Dustin Hoffman and Mrs. Doubtfire was Robin Williams. Tootsie was sooooo long ago that I can't remember what age she portrayed. Mrs. Doubtfire was an elderly nanny. Anyway, Windy, I definitely think that those young girls were totally wrong!

Cara Allen
01-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Darn! And I was sooo sure that I knew what the heck I was talking about!

Vicky_Scot
01-28-2008, 07:19 AM
I was out one Saturday shopping dressed with my wife in a place called Blackpool and a couple of older ladies looked and one turned to the other and said "we do get some funny people in Blackpool" :heehee:

Brilliant. :D

Helen MC
02-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Teenage girls are the hardest test for a TV to pass if seen by them en-femme.

I can only assume that as they are very conscious of their own sexuality at that age and are also into fashion etc they look at adult women and somehow can spot tell-tale signs an older woman would either miss or ignore out of being more tolerant.

Melora
02-17-2008, 07:18 AM
HEY.. Whats wrong with Tootsie??
Dear Windycisssy..
Don't worry hun.. Kids will be just kids and doubtless not remember anything.. Keep doing what you want to and there will ALWAYS be people who accept or hate us ALWAYS! At least YOU have the gutts to go OUT enfem.. AND That says ALOT in itself! Keep it up!! I dont even have that kind of courage right now.. But maybe soon...? Maybe?

Edwina
02-17-2008, 08:34 AM
and a couple of older ladies looked and one turned to the other and said "we do get some funny people in Blackpool" :heehee:

Brilliant. :D

Not to mention North of the Border! :tongueout
There is also a saying there I believe that goes something like "There's nowt so queer as folk"

:love:

Edwina

Rachel Morley
02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi Windy,

Have you ever thought that perhaps the term "Mrs Doubtfire" (amongst teenage girls) might be a generic derogatory term for a woman who teenage girls think is not exactly Angelina Jolie? :idontknow:

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying you are less than attractive, I'm saying these teenage girls thought you were a GG. Get me? I have no clue what I'm talking about but the idea just popped into my head :2c:

Hugs
Rachel

Stargirl
02-17-2008, 11:00 PM
hi every one not to get off the subject but does any one here know about shaving therebottoms i did and the prickly hairs do hurt when you sit on it does any one knoe what to do with this problem or just leve it grow back

Oh let 'em grow back, and maybe they will throw sparks !

kathy001
02-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Teenage girls are definitely the extreme test for reasons already mentioned especially if they're in groups of 3 or more.

Windy, i do like that skirt and top but maybe the next trip to the mall you might want to try wearing jeans with that nice top. I haven't gone to a mall dressed in ten years or so but when and if i do, i'll be wearing some nice blending jeans. :mad:

I know, i know we all would like to strut around in skirts at the mall but look at the bright side, pantyhose can still be worn under those jeans!:happy:

Laurie909
02-18-2008, 05:04 AM
this is the outfit I was wearing at the mall, look like an elderly nanny to you?

I wouldn't say you exactly look like a fashion model, but you're a heck of a lot more attractive than Robin Williams in "ole mother hubbard" drag!

Dalece
02-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Hey Windy As long as you don't have a hot flash as she did:lol:

windycissy
02-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks girls, we all lose our charms in the end...I agree with the comment that pants are better for passing at the mall, I usually wear something like this in suburbia:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7cf20b3127ccebfcab9ac9eed00000025108IatWLlw0aW