PDA

View Full Version : Alien Transformation Machine

Cai
01-28-2008, 01:35 AM
(This one is mostly aimed for the guys, but anybody can answer if they like)

This was posted by a friend of mine in another forum, and I thought it was an interesting idea.

I had the weirdest scary dream last night. Aliens had turned up and among the techno-toys we scored was a sort of surgical pod. You could get any physical work you wanted at all in the pod -- but there was no pain relief. You want blue eyes, no problem, but big metal claws will clap your head and hold open your eyelids, pluck your eyeballs, slice open the corneas, tint the irises and then put it all back together again. All wide awake. All in full scream-o-vision.

Would you take a ride in the machine?

I was thinking for us that it would be SRS. Under the hypothesis of the machine, it would be perfect and working - you'd be sexually functional, fertile, and have the right hormones.
But you'd be able to feel the machine replacing your glands and organs.
Oh, and it would be irreversible. You'd be permanently in your new body.
How about it?

kerrianna
01-28-2008, 01:43 AM
I kind of feel that way about any medical procedure even if it isn't that extreme.

But I guess you approach it like people who successfully undertake SRS do - get it done and work through it to come out shining on the other side. Anything is do-able if you mentally prepare yourself.

So would I do it?

Maybe.

That's my answer about SRS and FFS etc right now.

But that's only because of where I am at in my life. If I knew it was what would truly make me fulfilled, yeah, it's just as do-able as anything else. Pain passes. Eventually. I hope. *gulp* :nailbiting:

Syr_SwitchyGQ
01-28-2008, 02:52 AM
Could I smoke a joint before going in? :D

:shifty:

Er.....I mean, I'm sure if I learned Lamaze I'd be fine. :heehee:

Andine
01-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Absolutelynot!

Not that I'm new to pain ... Had a hip repaired 3 years ago.

The memory of the pain, and troauma of the physical invasion of your body would scar your mind for ever and you could become a mental cripple.

John
01-28-2008, 04:44 AM
I'm with Tobais on this one :heehee: I'd sudate(sp?) myself first.

But yeah, I'd do it. And I reason that having full on intrusive sergary would knock you out anyway.

Kate Simmons
01-28-2008, 06:02 AM
Hi-tech Genie sounds like. The thought comes up be careful what you wish for, especially since it's irreversible. Could be deja vu all over again from the other side of the coin. Think I'd pass on that one Cai.;):happy:

Tobie
01-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Hmmm... seeing as all I'd want is to have a working penis on top of what I already have, I'd probably go for it. After all, I've done full labour with no pain relief, so this would be a breeze. :heehee:

CaptLex
01-28-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm no stranger to pain either, having endured several surgeries and childbirth already but, as Daffy Duck says, "I don't like pain, it hurts me." So one question: is this "no pain relief" deal only while the procedure is going on or do I have to recover without painkillers too ('cause that's just as bad, if not worse)? Yes I know, leave it up to me to look for loopholes. :heehee:

To be honest, I know I couldn't do it. I did endure one procedure where the anesthesia wore off more than once and the pain was excruciating. I NEVER EVER want to go through something like that again. I guess I'll just have to improvise . . . which is what I was planning to do anyway. :p

ZenFrost
01-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Maybe if I built up my pain tolerance first. But I can't say for sure.

Victoria Anne
01-28-2008, 03:13 PM
ok no pain relief .... I was shot in the knee and that bullet was removed without anstetic ...that was apain I will never forget or could have ever imagined in my worst nightmares. Thanks but NO.

Tamara Croft
01-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Holy crap... I only read up to the pulling eyeballs out and that was it for me :puke: I can't imagine anyone having SRS without any pain killers... gawd... *shudders*

Andine
01-29-2008, 10:05 PM
After my hip operation the aneithietist gave me a shot of morphein in Post Op. That blew my brains away, and I couldn't deal with the pain! After I dried out a day later, I was OK again, and got out of bed and went around the hospital. 3 Weeks later was new years day and I went up the local mountain with one crutch! ( Needed the other hand to keep the flies off )
The point is that the best pain relief is your mind ... I had no idea that I had become that good at it, untill I lost the ability.
regards
stay focused !

MJ
01-29-2008, 11:26 PM
if it was free i would . i wounder how much pain a human body can take i just got to have ffs, boob job , srs , and rib reduction . .. did i miss something oh right 60 pounds of fat vacuumed out as well .. I'll take that over my ex's lawyer anytime

DanielMacBride
01-29-2008, 11:59 PM
This scenario has echoes of Wolverine for Me (big X-Men fan and Wolverine was always My favourite), I imagine it would be kinda the same deal....it would mess with your head (but as someone pointed out, I wonder how much pain a body can take before you pass out from it? If I passed out from pain that would be okay...but not if I was just in so much pain that I was puking everywhere, been there and its no fun)...

I personally have a very high pain tolerance (hell, I delivered an 11lb2oz baby with no pain relief, and that was only one of the 7 I have had without drugs), so I would definitely seriously consider the machine...even with the pain, I would want it enough that it would be worth it, to My way of thinking the end result would more than likely justify the pain.

Daniel

Dalece
01-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Wow Sounds like my Alien dream go up a male In drag come Back female in womens clothes and no pain or noticed and type of surgical scars or sort.

Kate Simmons
01-30-2008, 05:13 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with the pain, like Daniel I have a high tolerance for that. I'd have to see how it worked first though, I'm from "Missouri" with that kind of stuff and I'd say: "You first." I'd also have a problem with it not being reversible. I need my guy side for many reasons.:happy:

BTW Daniel: I can only imagine how Wolvie would have felt the time Magneto ripped the Adamantium from his body.

C.J.
01-30-2008, 04:21 PM
OUCH! No, I don't think I'd do that. Now, if it were a machine that would give me all the money I need to get all the procedures for my transition...Then definately. But for the machine the OP described...No.

Just my :2c:

- C.J.

Jennifer Giovannetta
02-03-2008, 12:20 PM
This is not too far fetched. People endure pain and discomfort all the time to improve thier looks. For instance, athletes endure pain while training, cosmetic surgury patients sometimes severe pain afterwards. Or, a milder discomfort is dieting, and resisting the temptation to eat. And so forth.
As far as if I would get into that machine? Maybe. If it did not hurt too much.

waspookie6
02-03-2008, 03:21 PM
If there was no pain afterwards, only the initial procedure then sheesh! no brainer there.

The mind protects the body. You'd "pass out" once you reach threshold then the dopamine kicks in so hard it would override any refined opiate. I've gotten myself stoned with minor surgeries by just allowing my own body to dope me up! (scared the crap out of the docs, they'd seen it but not often). Like others here, popped out a 10lb3oz 22" long boy with no drugs and really, no pain to speak of. He was suddenly "here".

Post surgical pain is the worst thing on the planet. Get rid of that and this is an idea that could be refined to bio-feedback during the surgery...and walk away feeling better than you did before. In more ways than one of course ;)

Flip side:
Could this only be done once? If it was that then it may be even more difficult to jump through the hoops of years to even get to SRS. If it hasn't been a case since birth (many know what I mean) then there is that "mistake" that could be made. An irreversible one at that. Far too many doctors would be hesitant to use such methods out of fear their patients really haven't thought it through. Then it becomes unattainable save for medically necessary patients - which is kind of where we are now.

just 2ยข