PDA

View Full Version : Outside poll

Brenda1423
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
If you go to http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/56130 aand do this poll, you'll find some interestng results after you finish. I was amazed at the results.

LindaTS
01-28-2008, 03:07 PM
I'm very surprised at the number of men who said they would wear dresses if it were accepted. Veeeeeeerrrrrrrry interesting.

Christina Louise
01-28-2008, 03:09 PM
The only guys who will bother are likely to be those that have dressed, those that haven't are unlikely to bother with it. Thus it's not statistically a random poll, it's weighted heavily in favour of CDs.

darla_g
01-28-2008, 03:17 PM
98% of poll takers have crossdressed?

I would think it's something like 98& of those who might choose to answer a poll like this might have crossdressed. For those not inclined why even bother with a poll when every question asks about some aspect of this?

MJ
01-28-2008, 03:31 PM
interesting :-
Finally, for the guys, if it were totally accepted socially, would you wear skirts or dresses openly?

87% (698) Yes
12% (102) No

800 voters have answered this question.

Last question, for the ladies, If it was totally acceptable socially, would you like your boyfriend or husband to wear skirts or dresses?

81% (191) Yes
18% (44) No

235 voters have answered this question.

235 gg gave a honest answer . i don't think it is all cross-dressers but the poll is still young overtime it will be interesting to see what the stats are

Last question, for the ladies, If it was totally acceptable socially, would you like your boyfriend or husband to wear skirts or dresses?
if yes why ?

Brenda1423
01-28-2008, 03:36 PM
The site isn't just for crossdressers. I found it by just hitting random poll and it came up. Some of the polls were about things I didn't know about so I would just click to the next one. That's possibly what others did but some evidently weren't crossdressers. Hence the results shown.

Victoria Anne
01-28-2008, 03:47 PM
veeeeerrrry interesting indeed , I must say I am suprised but then again not

SherriePall
01-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Add another one to those who would if it were socially acceptable.

charlie
01-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks Brenda. Always good to find some vindication. It sure does not seem like that many folks are open to dressing when you go out though!

linnea
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
If you go to http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/56130 aand do this poll, you'll find some interestng results after you finish. I was amazed at the results.

You're right, Brenda. I visited and took this poll. Then I looked at the current results, and I was very surprised. The numbers of men who have worn women's clothing, who would wear it if it were socially acceptable, and who have enjoyed wearing it was much higher than I would have expected. However, I wonder to what extent "self-selection" skews the results. I'm no pollster, so that might not even be a valid concern. Nonetheless, the poll was very interesting.
Thanks.

Amy07
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Interesting results.
By posting the poll link here, do you thing the results may become skewed, or different?

Eugenie
01-28-2008, 05:56 PM

Interesting results and fun to read...

But as a former professional of surveys and data analysis, I'm sorry to tell you that these results only represent the 900 some respondants who answered the questionnaire. This is not a representative sample of any population. It is not a ramdom sample and we don't know anything about who was the population who responded.

Furthermore, the questionnaire in lacking a few "background" questions that could have enables some kind of extrapolation to the general population. (Age of respondant, gender at birth, income bracket, etc.)

It would be nice to design a really serious survey protocol with a propper methodology, then a questionnaire trying to be neutral with the formulation of questions.

If there are interested sisters, I would be happy to give a hand in that...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Brenda1423
01-28-2008, 06:48 PM
You're right Eugenie. One thing makes it a little more reliable is that it runs at random. Grant it, there could be more questions there, but they seem to not have done it for perfection, as a lot of their other polls show. Did you look at any other polls there?

You can make up polls on their website. I don't know if you noticed that. I would be interested in a poll that you set up. If you put it on their site, I'd like to see the results. If we all answered them they'd be skewed for awhile though.

Eugenie
01-28-2008, 07:05 PM
There were a few mentionned earlier in various discussions here. I don't have the stamina to go look where as it is quite late here in France... Some of these studies had a bit more statistical value than the one that started this thread. But none that I have seen so far were really concucted scientifically.

It remains nice to read some of the polls that are submitted here on crossdressers.com. As unscientific as they may be, they give us some boundaries on the behaviors and feelings at least of some members of this forum who accept to spend time answering them...

Too bad there aren't more people participating when there are polls here...

:hugs:
Eugenie

heidi99
01-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Very interesting poll results. Although one has to wonder if most of the traffic to this page was sent from our forum. :p Might explain the large results. Still fun, though.

vikki2020
01-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah, maybe the results are skewed a little, but I think there's a lot of truth in those numbers.

docrobbysherry
01-29-2008, 12:31 AM
I would have liked that poll to take the next step.

Ask all those that said, " Yes, they mite dress", WHY?

Then, give them a choice of the reasons most CD's here dress, and see how they answer! THOSE results I would love to see, skewed or not!
RS