PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather do?

Billie Jean
01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Go out dressed enfeme and try to pass or just be a guy in a dress and is comfortable about it. Billie Jean:D

Brenda1423
01-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Go out dressed enfemme and try to pass. It's a thrill I've never gotten over.

Kate Simmons
01-28-2008, 03:07 PM
That's pretty much what I do most of the time anyway Billie Jean. People can come to whatever conclusion they want, I figure.;):happy:

Bobby Anne
01-28-2008, 03:31 PM
A guy in a dress is alright now....done the other.

SherriePall
01-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Try to pass. If I do all that work, I hope I have done it right and pass (or at least keep them guessing).

charlie
01-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Ill go for the excitement of trying to pass! Been the guy in drab all my life!

Nigella
01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
24/7 so not bothered.

Sometimes, like most GGs I dont bother with the glitz and glam, so a guy in a dress, others full war paint and if I pass great, if not, a guy in a dress.

linnea
01-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Go out dressed enfeme and try to pass or just be a guy in a dress and is comfortable about it. Billie Jean:D

I preter going out dressed, trying to pass, AND feeling comfortable about it. When I can't go out, I stay at home, dress, and try to glance at the nice looking woman I see occasionally in the mirror.

sara_also
01-28-2008, 04:48 PM
I always try to dress fully..I just cant do it half way..I always want to pass if I can.. I am sure sometimes I don't..But Oh Well I try..

MonicaDD
01-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I love going out no mater how I dress, but always I dress the way I feel, always very girl and very femm, if people see me as a cute girl then wonderful, but if people see me as a guy in a dress then so be it, I am girl and love being a girl. Monica

tricia_uktv
01-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Take my time, do the best I can possibly do, try to be happy with my look, but don't worry about passing! Not sure whether that helps?

Joy Carter
01-28-2008, 05:28 PM
just be a guy in a dress and is comfortable about it. Billie Jean:D[/QUOTE]

To tell the truth I have been out only twice in a skirt. I usually ware pants. I have no illusions that I pass. But I have a great time being me. Too heck with what anyone thinks. They have to look at me, I only see myself in a mirror once.

Eugenie
01-28-2008, 05:38 PM

Of course, I would like to go out dressed "en femme" and passing ( not trying to pass...)

But since "passing" is an almost impossible task (note the word almost), I would really like to feel a lot more comfortable when I go out: I feel rather comfortable most of the times I go out now, but there are still moments when I feel unconfortable...

:hugs:
Eugenie

joann07
01-28-2008, 06:35 PM
I dress to present myself appropriately as a woman and so I don't really feel nervous wherever I am because I know that I'm blending in very well.
I know that I'm representing not only myself to the public, but all crossdressers and so I want to make sure that the public views us in a postive way.

Of course, there are those to take crossdressing to the extreme, just for the thrill (Please corrrect me if i'm wrong), by wearing things that may not be appropriate in public and so that's what gives us a bad rap, including those who do it to commit a crime. :(

Hugs!

sami1952
01-28-2008, 07:13 PM
I would go out and try to pass and just have agood old time.

susancheerleader
01-28-2008, 07:23 PM

Go out dressed enfeme and try to pass. :love:

KateSpade83
01-28-2008, 07:35 PM
It's social suicide being a guy in a dress. If I didn't pass very well I would never go out in drag unless it's Halloween!

annekathleen
01-28-2008, 07:41 PM
I wish that i could "pass" but I'll never be that lucky.
I guess I have to be content dressing for my own pleasure.

SandyR
01-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Enfemme, and pass for this girl!

SandyR

Pamela Julie
01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Generally I just dress at home and feel comfortable. I would like to go out and pass, that would give me more opportunities to be dressed and comfortable. It would also help my to justify having more invested in my femme clothes than my drab clothes.

Amy Hepker
01-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Pass

Butterfly Bill
01-28-2008, 07:56 PM
The second of the two alternatives offered is what I prefer and have been doing for the last 14 years

Linda C
01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
I would have say - try to pass. I went for walk in Denver the other day and man was I nervous - you think of every little flaw that you might have you think that everyone is looking at you - but there not - I walked pass some guys and they looked me up and down - :eek: I have to try it again though!! :devil:

Jennifer Giovannetta
01-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I would try to pass. I was out on saturday night, and I got some giggles, and a few comments. But, I was also very nervous. This might of showed. Need some more exposure to this thing we do.

docrobbysherry
01-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Choice no.3. Look like a hot babe at home, but can't pass outside.

The " man in a dress" look never worked for me.
RS

Melinda G
01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
I always dress to pass, just to avoid ridicule and embarassment. And it looks a lot better in the mirror too.

Angie G
01-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Just be me in a dress or even better a skirt when ever I like. :hugs:
Angie

NatalieBliss
01-28-2008, 09:16 PM
as much as I would love to pass, if I was comfortable out in public being "just a dude in a dress" society would be accepting and that is way better than little old me passing

Farrah
01-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Oh I would love to pass. Just like some of you girls in this forum.

Farrah
01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
I was just thinking, we shouldn't be embarrassed to go out, whether we pass or not. we are who we are. I feel like we should wear what we like, just like women.

Jilmac
01-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I've been dressing almost 48 years and I'm still a guy in a dress. I've just recently started going out. I haven't mastered applying makeup yet, so far I can only do lipstick. Even if I never pass it won't matter I can have just as much fun being a guy in a dress. luv and :hugs: Jill

Dena
01-28-2008, 11:10 PM
I've tried to pass in the past. After I discovered what styles and colors looked best on me, and got fairly good at make-up. I discovered I enjoy being recognized as a guy.

I put a lot of effort into it in my 30's, I haven't gone out in the last few years though.

shauna 9
01-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Ill go for the excitement of trying to pass!

amy lynn
01-28-2008, 11:43 PM
i prefer to go out emfemme and pass

Joanne f
01-29-2008, 04:24 AM
Interesting question and i thought an easy one to answer ( i like the easy ones ):D until i started to think about it (which is hard for me to do ):eek:
We are always saying that i just want to be" me" so i should say i would just like to be able to put on a dress and go out as i am , yes a lot of the time that would be great , freedom to wear what i like as me and no wig as i hate wigs, they just do not feel right and natural to me , yet i would be happy to wake up one morning with a full head of hair, breast`s and that other bit that go`s with it :happy: so yes i would like to just get up and put on a dress and go out as me without the false bits i feel i need to feel right , but at least being able to wear the dress would be a great start.
Why do i get the feeling that deep down it is not just the clothes for some .
I think for some who have natural hair and look good to start with might find it hard to see why there is a conflict of choose .

joanne

trannie T
01-29-2008, 04:55 AM
I would love to pass as a lovely woman. Instead I'm a fat old guy in a dress. I still enjoy going out and that is the most important thing.

tamarav
01-29-2008, 05:38 AM
I think in my younger years the emphasis was on to "try". I have since thrown that word out and don't bother with the "try" aspect and just go. Whatever happens happens. I have found that we are our own worst critics and once we get over the self-criticism we can actually enjoy ourselves.

Wouldn't that be a nice change, to look forward to going someplace and not be looking like a victim the whole time? Believe me I have done that,( looked like the victim, head down, avoiding eye contact, walking at a faster pace than anyone else like we were trying to get away from something) in spades and it always brought about some negative comment.

If you do go out, pick your spots with caution and just go, to hell with the rest of the sad people that can't have the fun and the wonderful inner feelings that we do! My four cents worth...

Your sis,

Tami

Raychel
01-29-2008, 05:54 AM
If the world would accept it I would be a guy in a dress every day. But the world won't so I just have to stay a guy in a dress at home. I have no desire at all to pass.

NYsong
01-29-2008, 06:25 AM
How about try to pass, but if it doesnt work as well as I'd hoped nobody will say anything? Thats how I wish it was. I try to pass all the time, but the hard part is not worrying about being found out!

Christine Andrews
01-29-2008, 06:59 AM
This is a really difficult question to answer.

For me my answer is skewered by the fact that I will always be read as a man in womens clothes (head size, feet size, hand size etc).

I have always had a strong feeling that I would love to just wear what I want to wear and adopt an androgynous style and wear mostly femme clothing and make-up but still be myself. To me this is a strong truth to this day and if I had the courage then I would do this and mix-match my wardrobe and wear what I want to wear irrespective of socially imposed gender lines.

However, I must admit that if I were capable of passing and blending in - by that I mean looking good enough to attract minimal attention and make people wonder was that a guy or a girl and relatively blend in, then I would do that. Whether it is what I would continually do I don't know and I haven't really explored that side of me because it simply isn't viable for me.

So if I were to come out as a CD I would take the option of guy in a dress- simply be myself and dress in clothes which I feel comfortable wearing, taking aspects of femininity which I feel comfortable with and expressing my whole personality - not just one aspect. Whilst I'm still entrenched in my tightly packed closet, if I were to come out and have the confidence I would be the guy in a dress and happy with it.

Janailene
01-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Pass like I use to when I weighed 135 pounds and wore a size 6.

Melissa Cross
01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
When I go out I try to pass. One of the things I learned from this forum is to always dress appropriately for where I am going when I go out. I doubt that I actually do pass but I think I can blend in with a crowd as a female.

Even when I'm dressing at home I like to try and pass. It makes me feel more feminine.

Melissa

KimberlyS
01-29-2008, 12:25 PM
I think my signature says it all.

joe in a skirt

MJ
01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm 24/7 and depending on my mood some-days i look great and some days not

carhill2mn
01-29-2008, 01:54 PM
I always try to look my "womanly" best whenever I go out. That is why I crossdress!

Erica Lauren James
01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Well for me I'd have to say both and even the in between option.

In the perfect world where you could just wear what you like when you like I would do the following.

I would dress completely and pass as a woman 70% of the time.

Wear a dress or skirt in male mode but would also need to have my boobs in(as a dress fits better with them) as well as wear heels. With maybe a hint of mascara, eyeliner. This option would be 25% of the time.

And finally just a guy in a skirt 5% of the time.

Oohhh it would be so much fun!!

Erica

Darla in Pa.
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Try ro pass

StacyCD
01-29-2008, 02:27 PM
I may confuse the choices but I AM a guy in a dress. However, I try my best to present as a female so that I am accepted as the person that I present. My definition of passing no longer includes being mistaken for a female. I only hope that those that look long enough see that I am trying to present as a female and treat me as such. At that point, all that matters is having fun!

Alana65
01-30-2008, 11:26 AM
I would LIKE.........to go en femme AND pass, but that's not quite reality, so I just stay home and do it in private.

Alana65
01-30-2008, 11:32 AM
i prefer to go out emfemme and pass

GIRL, your avatar.......if that is you, you are HOT ! (I wish I could be so lucky !!)

Hugs,

Alana

KeriB
01-30-2008, 11:33 AM
My dream is to go out as Selene and pass; not sure if it's an achieveable goal as I tend to be a perfectionist about things, especially this. But hey, I look around and see some GG's out there and think, "wow.. I can look better than her.." Lol... we'll see this year I hope.

AmandaM
01-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Absolutely, 100% woman. For me, there is no other reason for dressing.

Sharon B.
01-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Dressed as a woman and be able to pass as a woman.

bgirl
01-30-2008, 02:10 PM
I think I do both every time! I try to look like a girl and escape notice, but if I look like a man ina dress, I am happy with that. Either way I am just being my self. I am not sure what would happen if someone would connect the man in a dress to the male me in drab. It would shake things up in my house for sure.

Nicki B
01-31-2008, 01:14 AM
How about 'go out, don't expect to pass, but couldn't care less'?

But anyone who calls me a 'guy/dude/bloke in a dress' is going to get their head bitten off...

Billie Jean
02-01-2008, 03:07 PM
I was just thinking, we shouldn't be embarrassed to go out, whether we pass or not. we are who we are. I feel like we should wear what we like, just like women.I agree. I couldn't pass so I would just like to be in public wearing my dress. I dressed for an event at work and was complimented by the girls on my legs and choice of clothes. Billie Jean

gennee
02-01-2008, 03:46 PM
I go out dressed whether or not I pass.

Gennee

:happy:

Carly D.
02-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Yes!!

Dawn Marie
02-01-2008, 10:53 PM
If and when I ever get to go out again, I always try to blend and pass, but if read it doesn't bother me anymore. So a guy in a dress is ok too.

VtVicky
02-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Probably a little "Door #3" action.

I have no interest in passing as a woman. But, I would like to be able to go out in a dress without the social problems.

Sallee
02-02-2008, 12:40 AM
try to get out and about look nice and hope to pass. But mostly try to have fun

Dalece
02-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Go out in a dress and pass.

camera_laura
02-02-2008, 01:10 AM
I always try to dress fully..I just cant do it half way..I always want to pass if I can.. I am sure sometimes I don't..But Oh Well I try..

me? Not passable (even in Vegas)

But I do like Vegas! (catch me there for the marathon!)

Mercedes
02-02-2008, 01:50 AM
For me it would be about passing. When I dress there have only been a few times when I really "see" Mercedes and not just me in a dress. And those moments just take my breathe away. I probably still wouldn't pass but that is what I feel like I am striving for.

I don't know if this makes sense or if I have explained it well but simply, when I dress I want to be Mercedes and not a guy in a dress.

Mercedes XOXOXO

Carly D.
02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
yes.. well yes... and yes... you see I would like to pass, and would like to think that way.. pass is in the eye of the beholder, both the person trying such a feat and the people they are trying to "fool".. I'd rather wear a skirt and heels and hose (or hose and then heels) and not wear any makeup or try to look more fem because I only do want to look and feel fem from the waist down, and really not look fem but feel fem, or just to wear what I would care to wear as a man wearing what I want to wear, and say screw you to the world if you don't like it.. but that's a fantasy... I don't really think I would pass at any rate and so just wearing to wear is fine by me...

JoAnnDallas
02-04-2008, 03:57 PM
When I go out dressed, all I can do is just be myself. I try not to be nervious, try to act like I dress this way everyday, smile at other women, and just enjoy being out dressed. I know I have been read many times, but no one has made a fuss over it. As long as I can enjoy myself, be respected for the image I project, and no one makes a fuss, I am happy.