PDA

View Full Version : Maturing?

charlie
01-28-2008, 05:03 PM
When I first started dressing in earnest (about one year ago) my fashion tastes were exactly what my mind wanted to see in a woman. I donned super short skirts, fishnet stockings, garters, 6" heels and huge silicon boobs! I could get myself quite excited from the neck down! I have gotten rid of all of that stuff now. It is panty hose, and matching outfits now. Sometimes I feel that I am dressing like my very fashionable 70 year old mother. The perfect accessories matter a lot now. I find myself buying better jewelry, full dresses with long sleeves and knee lengths, and 3 " heels. The new outfits are certainly less racy and have allowed me to venture out a bit!

Brenda1423
01-28-2008, 05:13 PM
It's nice to have the short skirts for when you want to get excited but to dress mature and be able to go out without wierd looks from others is so much more fun. There's a certain thrill in passing.

Mean Green Irene
01-28-2008, 05:17 PM
While at first I was the same way I wanted short short skirts and tight clothes. Now I am very modest and attempt to fit in with the crowd. Frequently wearing slacks and very modest makeup. But still always with 3" heels.

tricia_uktv
01-28-2008, 05:17 PM
Hmm, good luck Charlie, but I'm afraid I haven't matured yet. One thing though is that I am not particularly worried about passing - maybe that matters

MonicaDD
01-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I get acused of dressing like a teenager by my friends, I just love the younger styles. I dress in what ever takes my fancy, except for when I go out on a date then I ask the guy how HE would like me to dress and I try to dress to please him, unless he wants something stupid then I just adlib. I have never seen a boundry between ages, I dont care how old I am or how old I apear to be, I just want to have fun and please the dates I am with. I never want to dress old, I just dress to look good.

Deborah Jane
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
I,m still a teenage tart at heart:heehee:. Guess i always will be:happy:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
01-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Well, one needen't be a CDer to appreciate being young ;) Thats eveywhere!

Me, I'm trying to keep my agae matching my femme personae even to the point of finding wigs with gray in them ;)

Zara

Ruth
01-28-2008, 06:05 PM
It's funny you should say that Zara because I bought a wig with a grey fleck in it last year and it's my favourite wig now. I like to dress as roughly my age, because it feels more natural.
Also, women of middle years tend to cover up more of the flesh and that suits me too.
It's still possible to look and feel totally feminine even when you're past the first flush of youth.

Eugenie
01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Well, we all have different motivations to dress "en femme"... Not only that but are all different with regard to our body shape...

A combination of the two above statements leads to different styles of clothes.

However, by and large, there tends to be an evolution towards more conservative clothes as one becomes a "mature x-dresser".

This is like for "female at birth", there are some who like to dress quite provocatively while other dress very conservatively. But with time, they too tend to be dressing more conservatively (note that I said *tend to*)

Finally, also like female at birth, there are moments in life when we, x-dressers, feel like dressing sexy, sometimes on the edge of being provocative...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Kate Simmons
01-28-2008, 06:25 PM
This is kind of a conundrum for me. While Ericka/Rich (AKA Salandra) never intends to stand out, that gal has a style all her own and people seem to sense when I'm around. I'm not too conservative or too flashy but everyone seems to know when I'm there. Don't know if that's good or bad as I'm just there for the fun and association myself. Go figure.:rolleyes:

JoAnnDallas
01-29-2008, 09:41 AM
As you can see from my avatar, i don't dress flashy. I dress more conservative, more what I think a woman my age may wear. Not granny clothing but not 20/30ish either. I go for the more subdu classy look. If I go out in a dress or skirt then it is always 2" or 3" heels. Slacks I will wear sandals or 1" heels, t-shirt and shorts, it's sandales.

Bobby Anne
01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
When I first started dressing in earnest (about one year ago) my fashion tastes were exactly what my mind wanted to see in a woman. I donned super short skirts, fishnet stockings, garters, 6" heels and huge silicon boobs! I could get myself quite excited from the neck down! I have gotten rid of all of that stuff now. It is panty hose, and matching outfits now. Sometimes I feel that I am dressing like my very fashionable 70 year old mother. The perfect accessories matter a lot now. I find myself buying better jewelry, full dresses with long sleeves and knee lengths, and 3 " heels. The new outfits are certainly less racy and have allowed me to venture out a bit!

So many CDers fall for that ****ty look.The short skirts and boots genre. I don't get it. It's nice after a time of some experience and education to find the right look for yourself. Soft feminine looks are best, they will keep you outof trouble and help on that "Blending" we all talk about. Accessories are the key to success as well.

Makeup needs to be kept to a Catholic school girl level. We all tend to use too much.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm still going through the short way too tight skirt phase. I do plan however to at least buy 1 longer skirt the next time I go shopping. I guess I'm still making up for the lost teenage years I never got to experience.

NYsong
01-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Personally, being 19 I want to dress 19. The only problem is that much of todays clothes are low cut, and my forms show waaaay to easily. So I end up dressing more conservative than most women my age, and it makes me sad I can't keep up with the styles...or maybe I should just get different shaped forms.....*sigh* At least I have my alone time to dress however I want!

docrobbysherry
01-29-2008, 10:05 AM
As u can see from my avatar.
As a closet dresser, Sherry only has to please ME. So, her outfits suit my mood and taste. Obvious trashy, or classical styles, but always "hot"!
RS

breanna53
01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
my taste tend to run conservative i would guess, I like my outfits to match, look good, look classy, but not ****ty.
But there are alot of you who can get away with the ****ty look and do it well, i envy you.

joann07
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
For me, the short skirts and sexy little things have always stayed at home.
When I go out, I dress appropriately for the occasion.

melissa1986
01-29-2008, 04:53 PM
The trendy styles are nice, but I lean more toward the business dressing...skirts and tops espically since I need to shed some more poundage before spring or springing into more figure fitting dresses.

Kathleen Ann Trees
01-29-2008, 05:06 PM
I, too, have matured. I'm a 40 something gal. There's plenty of ways to look good for that age. I think it is as sexy to be an attractive 40 than a 20/40. When I see the middle age GGs trying to befriend their daughters, it almost always looks silly.

I've actually enjoyed the growing process and trying the more natural look. I think I'm more passable in that mode, too. Even my shoes are becoming more comfortable.

Kathleen Ann

akaCathy
03-02-2008, 09:58 AM
I dress more conservatively. I'm 58 this coming week and all the wrinkles I have, I've earned. However, and you knew there would be, underneath my below-the-knee skirts and modest blouses and sweaters, I love to spice it up.