PDA

View Full Version : I wish I was just freaking NORMAL!

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
I've been staying in a hostel for a week..
One of the girls staying in the same room as me went through my shit because she thought I was peculiar, and she found my psychiatrist's letter stating that I'm trans, and my packers, and my trans literature and stuff.. then she ran to the front desk and complained.. and switched rooms because she was freaked out..
So the hostel now knows that I'm trans.. and they want me to move to a private room, or vacate the premises.
I feel like such a f******g freak.
I didn't even have enough money in the first place, for tomorrow night.. let alone enough for a private room..
I can stay in the room I'm in for tonight.. but by tomorrow, I'll need to either get a private room or leave..
I still have no place to go.. and won't have money again for a while.. and I don't know what to do.. and it's also minus 30 degrees Celsius out there right now.. PLUS windchill.
I feel so overwhelmed.

Kieron Andrew
01-28-2008, 05:29 PM
One of the girls staying in the same room as me went through my shit because she thought I was peculiar, and she found my psychiatrist's letter stating that I'm trans, and my packers, and my trans literature and stuff.. then she ran to the front desk and complained.. and switched rooms because she was freaked out..
So the hostel now knows that I'm trans.. and they want me to move to a private room, or vacate the premises.
I didn't even have enough money in the first place, for tomorrow night.. let alone enough for a private room..
I can stay in the room I'm in for tonight.. but by tomorrow, I'll need to either get a private room or leave..
I still have no place to go.. and won't have money again for a while.. and I don't know what to do.. and it's also minus 30 degrees Celsius out there right now.. PLUS windchill.
I feel so overwhelmed.

that is so out of order!!! she should be chucked out for being so effing nosey!!! i hope you get it sorted!

Cai
01-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Tell them you're perfectly comfortable in the shared room, and if they'd like you to move to a private room they're going to have to eat the difference, because you aren't paying. They're forcing an upgrade on you, and that's not legal. Threaten to call the police.

ZenFrost
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
I'd go with what Cai said. Don't let them push you around like that.

I'm so sorry bro. :hugs:

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
01-28-2008, 05:40 PM
the police can't do anything, guys..

Cai
01-28-2008, 05:43 PM
They don't have to. You just have to threaten.

Not to sound flippant, but what else can they do to you? Since you can't afford the private room, you're already leaving. And if you throw a fit at the management and get thrown out, you're leaving anyway. You only stand to gain here by standing up for yourself.

Nicki B
01-28-2008, 06:08 PM
You could also threaten to call the police about her going through your things - are you absolutely sure nothing's missing?

I agree, throw your weight around, don't let them keep you on the back foot? How would they react if she'd found a Doctor's letter about a medical condition and publicised it? It could easily be argued that's exactly what this is.

She should be forced to leave, not you..

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
01-28-2008, 06:49 PM
well, she's not. she's claiming I had the letter taped to the f******g door.

Kieron Andrew
01-28-2008, 06:51 PM
well, she's not. she's claiming I had the letter taped to the f******g door.
Yeah right! like they are gonna believe that shit!, like you're gonna do that with fear of being assaulted, stand your ground Domi

Nicki B
01-28-2008, 07:31 PM
well, she's not. she's claiming I had the letter taped to the f*****g door.

And all your other stuff? :rolleyes: Keep shouting. As Cai said, what have you got to lose?

I still think you should call the police. You are the one being discriminated against, here..

kerrianna
01-29-2008, 05:55 AM
Tell the hostel:

1. That the other girl went through your stuff without your permission and that she should be the one kicked out.

2. That you will be happy to take a private room if they insist but they MUST give it to you at the same price for the shared room

OR ELSE YOU WILL CONTACT:

1. The police (you're right, they'll probably be useless, but the hostel won't like the attention)
2. The Media (not sure where you are right now, but nothing like discrimination to make for good front page reading)
3. A Lawyer, to sue the Hostel AND the girl who went through your stuff.

Now, some of this may be bluffing, but the thing is you have EVERY right to stand your ground. Trans rights in Canada are a bit murky still, but there have been more than a few cases where discrimination under the Charter of Rights has been proven and you have a very strong case.

YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG!!!

I'm not sure where in Canada you are, but maybe one of these people in BC can help advise you on what rights you do have, or what you can do.

http://www.transalliancesociety.org/contact/activist.html

The Transhealth Unit in Vancouver is staffed by two very wonderful transmen (Lukas and Erik) who might have an idea. 1-866-999-1514 (toll-free in BC)

Don't take this on by yourself if you can find some support.
Take a stand, but try to get yourself an advocate in your corner.

This is totally wrong and unacceptable behaviour by both the girl who unlawfully went through your personal possessions and the hostel.

Don't let them push you around hon. PM me if you want me to try and find you some more help. :hugs:

Bobby Anne
01-29-2008, 09:42 AM
I've been staying in a hostel for a week..
I feel so overwhelmed.

The girl is guilty of a crime called "invasion of privacy". She had no right going through your things. Your personal belongings are private property.

She should be brought up on charges and made the one to leave, pay a fine or go to jail.
Where the hell do young girls get off these days.

Laurelanne
02-05-2008, 03:17 AM
Try puting a call into the human rights comission its a toll free number good from any payphone and get them onto the hostel people THEY are the ones that need a kick....

Felix
02-05-2008, 08:10 AM
This is so bad Hun :hugs::hugs: she had no right to go through ya stuff like that it is invasion of privacy the guys are absolutely right. Throw ya weight around she should be kicked out or told to have another room after all its her problem not yours xx Felix :hugs::hugs:

kerrianna
02-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Has anyone heard from Dominic since he posted here? It doesn't look like he logged back on. I hope those idiots didn't boot him out into the cold. :Angry3:

:sad:

ZenFrost
02-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Has anyone heard from Dominic since he posted here? It doesn't look like he logged back on.

Not that I know of... I'm really worried about him. :sadp:

Kieron Andrew
02-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Logan has his cell number i believe

Tobie
02-05-2008, 06:31 PM
He's been posting in his LiveJournal. He's still alive, hanging in there. Likely has a place(a room) to live in soon, waiting to hear back from friends on a couple of things.

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
02-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Has anyone heard from Dominic since he posted here? It doesn't look like he logged back on. I hope those idiots didn't boot him out into the cold. :Angry3:

well, yes, they kicked me out.
I called the police, and they said there was nothing they could do.
I called human rights.. didn't get anywhere with them yet..
and I talked to a lawyer.. still haven't heard anything there, either.

I'm currently back in a homeless shelter.. and I'm very ill at the moment.. there are dozens of illnesses and diseases floating around that place, and I'm pretty sure I've already caught two of them.

I'm trying to hang in there.. but I'm tired of this..
I wish I had someone to talk to.. but I don't.. no one wants to hear about my crappy life..

- Dom

boi_0h
02-06-2008, 12:16 AM
I wish I had someone to talk to.. but I don't.. no one wants to hear about my crappy life..

- Dom

I'm always here if you need to talk, i can give you my aim if you want? PM me anytime. and hang in there, things will get better for you, just keep pluggin at it.

kerrianna
02-06-2008, 03:10 AM
well, yes, they kicked me out.
I called the police, and they said there was nothing they could do.
I called human rights.. didn't get anywhere with them yet..
and I talked to a lawyer.. still haven't heard anything there, either.

I'm currently back in a homeless shelter.. and I'm very ill at the moment.. there are dozens of illnesses and diseases floating around that place, and I'm pretty sure I've already caught two of them.

- Dom

First things first hon... try to stay well.

And yeah I don't mind hearing about your 'crappy' life. I've certainly unloaded on lots of people before. It's what we are here for. Don't feel too proud or ashamed. It's a tough period and you might want some support to get through it.

I'll PM you my email and IM. I'm on livejournal too.
lady_kerrianna

Any of you guys add me if you like. I might have already bumped into some of you under different user names.

Glad to hear from you though kiddo. :hugs::love:

O2B Barbara
02-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Were you presenting to this roommate as male or female? If you were not attempting to pass as male, I don't think you have done anything wrong. You are a female, you presented as female and did nothing to indicate otherwise.

This person going through your things is in the wrong as well as the Hostel.

Carrying items in a suitcase is no crime. Being trans is no crime.

I wish you the best, including some warmer temps!

Kieron Andrew
02-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Were you presenting to this roommate as male or female? If you were not attempting to pass as male, I don't think you have done anything wrong. You are a female, you presented as female and did nothing to indicate otherwise.

This person going through your things is in the wrong as well as the Hostel.

Carrying items in a suitcase is no crime. Being trans is no crime.

I wish you the best, including some warmer temps!

Domi is fulltime, transitioning on testosterone