PDA

View Full Version : Normal

Farrah
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Has ne ever wished they were just normal. There are times when I wish I did not have this "gift". Also, I don't want my son to go through what I've gone through. I try my best to keep him from going down the road that I went down. I still enjoy dressing though!!

Nicole Erin
01-28-2008, 06:58 PM
Being normal sucks. Not that I would know.
Don't worry, it is up to your son if he CD's or not. This is not somethng we inherit, pass on, or teach. It is unlikely that your son will be CD. And even if he does, well you can guide him to not make whatever mistakes you might have.

charlie
01-28-2008, 07:08 PM
For the life of me I do not know where this quest to live my feminine side as well as my male side came from. Most men go quitely through life very happy living the life of the normal man. No nylons, makeup, endless fashions, silkies or the like except when you remove them from your SO. We take the sledding hard and become females as often as life allows. Yeah, I would like not to divide my genders and live as a "normal" male if I could. However, I can't. So I joined this fabulous forum and now all of you are my fellow "normal" males!

stormrider
01-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I am not from a line of crossdressers or transsexuals. Nor have I, as far as I know passed on my "gift" to my children. What I am I was from as far back as I remember, a girl in a boy's body. Do I wish that I was normal? NO! I am what I am and although I don't advertise it, I am happy being "gifted". When I was young, I wanted to be a "normal" boy because I felt I was an outcast, a weirdo, a freak of nature. Now my desire is to have grown up female. Alas neither is to ever be, so I am what I am. I try to allow my femminine persona to compliment my male body in hopes that the real me will somehow gracefully grow into old age and leave fond memories for those whom I have known.

Michelle

sissystephanie
01-28-2008, 07:18 PM
:2c:I guess the major question would be; What is Normal? I consider myself to be a normal man. Albeit a little on the old side! I like (more like love!) GG's and have no desire for men. Granted, my sexual desire is not what it used to be, but neither is my age!

However, many years ago, in my youth, I found that I had a very strong feminine streak. I do believe that all men have a feminine streak, usually very weak and buried deep. Mine was, and is, strong and not buried at all. It maifests itself in my desire to wear feminine clothing whenever possible. Maybe this isn't "normal" for most men, but for me it seems entirely normal. I am much more comfortable dressed like a lady, but have no desire to be one.

By agreement with my late wife, who was totally supportive of Stephanie, our children were never told. I did not dress openly around them, although I almost always wore my lingerie. Our grown and married son does not CD, and probably never will.

So again, what is Normal?

Sissy/Stephanie

Maybe a girl on the outside, but always a man underneath!

Deborah Jane
01-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Normal? Whassat? I,ve never been normal in my life!!:p

susancheerleader
01-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Define "normal"

docrobbysherry
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Whatever the heck that is!
I never considered CDing until 8 years ago. But I was never "normal' for my first 50 years either.
RS

Angie G
01-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Well Farrah it brings pain to some But I just love my gift :hugs:
Angie

SandyR
01-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Farrah,

Hun, you hit the heel on the head. Its a gift, truely. Of course I have wished fro normal. Most of us have, but at least for me, I am now comfortable in my skirt......

Hugs!

SandyR

Annie D
01-28-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't think that we are traditional as males but I have accepted my own crossdressing as normal for me. Many of you have said that your fathers and/or your sons are normal.

How do you know?

Celeste
01-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I feel the times in life where I was so called "normal" and not dressing,I was one of the most boring people to be around.I wasn't happy,was always overly critical of everything and short tempered.I believe cding helped to minimize these and many other poor character defects.For me, being in that normal(all male) zone carried a certain amount of insensitivity that I no longer want in my life.As far as the mainstreams idea of what normal is,that just doesn't work for me.

Chiana
01-28-2008, 10:39 PM
I don't think that there is any question that life would be easier or less complicated if I didn't have this desire to crossdress. I have thought about it often. This was a question on a psychological seft-test. "If you could live your life over and never have any desire to crossdress, would you choose to do it?" The problem is that I cannot really conceive (and believe) ever not wanting to dress. It is such a primal self satisfying activity that I can't think of living without it.

jennifer41356
01-28-2008, 10:57 PM
I am normal,I feel for all those who arent like us:straightface:

Aeslyn
01-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Hmmm, my best answer for this... I guess the main reason Aeslyn is kept so secret is because I just want to keep her and him separate. It would be impossible to separate the two, I think, if she were "out". I mean, when I am him I want to be identified as him and wouldn't want anyone referring to me or thinking of me as anything else...
So, if she were out then I might have times I'd wish she didn't exist, I think it's that she is secret that I love her so much and have never wanted her to leave.
But then, maybe that is just me trying to reconcile the brave fear nothing guy that I am with the shy and private girl that I love to be.

Niya W
01-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Normal is a setting on a washing machine. Seriously normal can change at any moment. I'm normal among my friends , but some but might call me a freak or if I'm having fun that night a devil child .

trannie T
01-29-2008, 05:24 AM
Is anyone normal? Do you mean heterosexual non crossdressing male? It might be nice but I'll never know. I enjoy being what I am, and doing what I do.

Kate Simmons
01-29-2008, 05:39 AM
I'm not sure what "normal" is. I do know that being Salandra is status quo for myself.:happy:

Joanne f
01-29-2008, 05:39 AM
My wife says that normal is a cycle on a washing machine and as for me well i am normal it is everyone else who is weird fot not being like me :D

tamarav
01-29-2008, 05:53 AM
In a former life as a marriage counselor, and while daydreaming of dressing later that day, I would be asked by patients if they were "normal". I had to stifle a laugh because I was always thinking to myself, "Oh my God, if you only knew". Here I was the most non-normal person in the room being asked to judge some act by patients. Not the right line of work for me.

For some reason we as a whole don't accept our gift of femininity and force it into hiding and worry generally our whole lives. It is sad that we waste so much of our time being cautious and sneaky just to get another fix of the feminine. How many of us, used to or still do,carry or wear something to remind us of our feminine side while working in drab? Doubtful that there is more than one percent that don't!.

Why do you think the gays come out of the closet as early as they have the strength? They somehow internally recognize the strife that they have, just as this feminine side of us causes and simply accept it and make their lives fit the real person.

After over 50 years I did the same and hope that many of you can realize that it won't go away and you need to deal with it in a positive manner. Believe me, the alive feeling that you get is better than any drug or any other "high" on the market.

Damn, I talk alot when I wake up in the middle of the night, and of course get online and see what others are doing.

Your sis,

Tami

Shelly Preston
01-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Normal is well.........that changes as society does

I remember when guys with long hair were not considered normal

I would say its easier the wrong way around

I am not abnormal just slightly different

traceyanne
01-29-2008, 07:20 AM
normal ?? what is that. dont think i have ever been that in my life, but do i care, not particularly. if slipping on a bra or skirt is abnormal, then thats me and happy with it :p

Carol A
01-29-2008, 07:42 AM
I go along with "what is normal"?, I have been crossdressing since I was 14 and my mom was ok with it as she called it play dress up. To this day I dress openly both male and female and I feel normal. Heck cloths are cloths, right? :heehee:

Dee Jay
01-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Has ne ever wished they were just normal. There are times when I wish I did not have this "gift". Also, I don't want my son to go through what I've gone through. I try my best to keep him from going down the road that I went down. I still enjoy dressing though!!

My son is 7 years old.
He's obsessed with tights... making comments every time he sees a man/boy wearing tights in a pantomime, comedy programme etc. I'd say he over does his " Ha! He's wearing tights"...
He's also very fond of my wife's silky nighty.
I've seen him a few times rubbing it against his skin.

These are two thing that I used to do when I was his age.
Now I love wearing tights and silky stuff.

I really do believe that he too will be a crossdresser. If he is, I'll support him in every way I can. I won't encourage him, or try to persude him. It's his life and I'll let him make his own way.

As for being normal???? Even if I didn't dress in female clothing, I'd not be even close to being normal!

DJ

Cindi Johnson
01-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Normal? Like in gray haired, overweight, suburbanite, SUV-driving, fundamentalist, Republican, back-slapping Good-Old-Boy with obedient wife and 2.5 kids???

No Thanks!!! Just give me a cute blouse, a jean skirt, a purse with some cash in it, and you'll find me out shopping!

Cindi Johnson

Stacy Lyn
01-29-2008, 01:38 PM
While " normal" is certainly up for debate, I do wish that my life was less complicated. CDing has forced me to keep secerts from friends and family and that is something I really don't like. The internal stuggle to understand myself has been a long one and not over yet. I do enjoy dressing every chance I can but I would also be happy if this gift wasn't part of me. I feel I have come a long way to accepting myself and look forward to the day when this won't be an issue for me. Until then knowledge and the perfect pair of pantyhose will be my quest.

Sarah89
01-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Well , being young ,and 1 year into crossdressing, I can only make rough guesses that my desire to CD will make my life more complicated in terms of relationships in the future.

And of course "normal" is such an ambigious term, its hard to ask that question "do I wish I was normal ? ".

To me, normal means, to fit in with mainstream society (which is also ambigious).
In general I TRY to be outside the mainstream as much as I can anyway.
I try to be myself, I don't wash unless I want to, I go out with dirty clothes on if I want to,I walk around with my fly open just to be rebellious.
So do I wish I was normal ? - No I don't to a certain extent,

CDing to me is just slightly more complicated I think , just because the fact that the way most of us are raised by our friends and family, and their is a stigma attached to it due to gender roles.

No doubt CDing will make my life very complicated in the future, But the only thing I wish , is .. That I didnt feel their was a stigma attached to it so I could openly CD.

But everybody is different,- I hope that made sense.