PDA

View Full Version : Femme Name

Farrah
01-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I would like to know where everybody got their femme names from. I got my femme name from a girl that a met when I was 10 years old, she's about 29 now, but I remember her being so cute!! Share how you came up with your femme names.

susancheerleader
01-28-2008, 07:29 PM
My very first crush was on a girl named Susan. And I have alwasy loved that name since. So when it came time to choose a name, I couldn't think of a better one then Susan. :tongueout

mollytyler
01-28-2008, 08:18 PM
....from my Aunt Molly who was an early supporter of my issues.......

MJ
01-28-2008, 08:41 PM
i got mine from cartoon's as a kid i love spider-man and my friend who is supportive Jennifer and i found Marissa from baby names and my last name is from futurama . the boy who slept for a thousand years and woke up in the future .. fry .. Marissa Jennifer Fry

Juanita O
01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
hi Ladies

I got the name from my mother, i asked her what she would have named me if I was born a girl, She said that she liked the name Juanita.

Farrah
01-28-2008, 08:50 PM
hi Ladies

I got the name from my mother, i asked her what she would have named me if I was born a girl, She said that she liked the name Juanita.

I never thought of that.

Brenda1423
01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I have no idea. It just came to me one day and I've used it since.

SandyR
01-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Its my Aunt's name, and the first letter of my last name.

SandyR

Farrah
01-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Its my Aunt's name, and the first letter of my last name.

SandyRCute

Taffy
01-28-2008, 10:04 PM
This happened almost exactly 10 years ago...

I bought one of those 20,000 Names for Baby books and went through it, carefully selecting the names which initially appealed to me. I created a list which I then read through each day for a week or so, crossing off any name that lost its appeal. When the list was down to around 10, I started saying the names out loud several times each day, once again crossing off those which did not feel like "me." After this, I was left with three or four names and I took time to go outside, in a fairly isolated area, and shout the names at the top of my lungs. Several times through this exercise and I was left with one name: Taffy.

When I went looking for an email account, I stumbled upon iName.com, the free email service. They offered email accounts in a large number of domains, including cheerful.com. I was fortunate to be able to register my account as taffy@cheerful.com and Taffy Cheerful was locked in as my name. By the way, I really, really, really do like my name.

teresa jeen
01-28-2008, 10:45 PM
mine comes from a really talented woman. she can sing !!!! ive seen her onstage and in person and what a throat she has. anything from gospel to eagles to patsey. what a voice!!! dad burnit she didnt win amer. idol!!!

Jilmac
01-28-2008, 11:01 PM
It's a good question Farrah, but Wickanne has two threads that you might be interested in reading, asking the same question. I have a reply on both, you can find out how Jill got her name and why, just by checking hers out. Luv and:hugs: Jill

Marie O
01-29-2008, 08:43 AM
I got mine from my wife, when I would get dressed she asked what my name was, I told her I never really about it! Later she came up to me and called me Marie, I said what? She said that's your new name! She calls me Marie in even when I'm not dressed, She's careful about who's around when she calls me by it.

terrigurl
01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
When I go out to get dressed, I give my name as Tom for anonimity. I'd rather that they do not know my real name. Then when I am dressed, when I needed a femme name, I chose Terri, which has the same first letter.

NYsong
01-29-2008, 09:11 AM
When I first told my friend, she asked if I wanted to go outside with this 'other person' of mine. When I told her yes she said, 'Well then you're going to need a name to go with that face if you want to pass off.' I asked her what she thought would be good, and she said she'd need to see me all done up first. About a week later she called me up and said 'Lila, with no H. I just feel like it fits really well.' And I agreed, and so it is. I am waaay too indecisive to have done it myself!

Wendrme
01-29-2008, 09:23 AM
The first time I dressed it just came to me. Wendy just fit. I picture a cute perky English girl who is fun and not at all afraid to be either sexy or demure.

sexotik
01-29-2008, 09:31 AM
I was lurking the web and came across a pic of Avril Lavigne's, so I said to myself "Let's make it more latino, so I changed it into Abril, which means April in Spanish. I like how it sounds and cannot believe how fast I got it. I didn't have to think much.

Pippilotta
01-29-2008, 09:31 AM
From the intrepid indefatigable irreprehensible incorrigible and very wonderful Pippilotta longstocking, from Astrid Lindgren's books about her.

Bonnie D
01-29-2008, 09:33 AM
I got my name Bonnie from the first girl I ever knew at the age of about 5. We were good friends, our fathers were in the Canadian military and we were stationed in Germany at the time. My family moved back to Canada a year later and I never saw her again.

My middle initial D is for Dawn. I chose it because I like the name and it is the beginning of each new day.

The initials BD are also the initials of my male name.

Bonnie

Bobby Anne
01-29-2008, 09:34 AM
I would like to know where everybody got their femme names from. I got my femme name from a girl that a met when I was 10 years old, she's about 29 now, but I remember her being so cute!! Share how you came up with your femme names.

My real femme name is Erin. In my family it was a tradition to use as a middle name "Erin" to name all the boys in the famliy generation after generation in honor my great great grandmother, who originally came from Ireland (Erin) by herself at the age of 16. She was a maid in NYC for a wealthy family before coming to Philly.

Some of the boys once finding out it was a girls name changed the Spelling to Aaron or Aron, even Ernie.

I kept mine and its how the world now knows my femme personalty. It's a name I can really feel and grasp.

JoAnnDallas
01-29-2008, 10:30 AM
When mother was pregant with me, I was supose to be a girl. In the 40's there was no way to tell until birth and mother had already had two girls. LOL So mother and daddy had already picked out a name for me. Joesphine Annet. I combined the two into JoAnn.

Lidia_tv
01-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Good question. In fact, my parents wanted me to be a girl, they were hoping for a daughter. The name they would have given me had I been born a GG is purely local, doubt you would recognize it as a girl's name. But Lydia is a femme name I have always liked, so i took it.

StayceeCD
01-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Got mine from a baby names website! :D

Jamee
01-29-2008, 11:50 AM
I got mine from a lady who I was dating. She was very supportive
and helped me out alot. One day we were talking about names and
we decided on Jamee.

Christina Louise
01-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Christina is from a girl in the same school class when aged 9.
Louise comes from the film star Louise Brooks because I was fascinated by her iconic look.

Sandra
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
It's a good question Farrah, but Wickanne has two threads that you might be interested in reading, asking the same question. I have a reply on both, you can find out how Jill got her name and why, just by checking hers out. Luv and:hugs: Jill

Not quite the same.

Farrah is asking where you got your name from and wickanne is asking why you need a fem name. ;)

jennydl
01-29-2008, 03:11 PM
As I needed a name for this forum, I looked back into my life at all the women I admired.Jenny came to mind because she was so beautifull both inside and out. As I don't go out,I don't use a femme name anywhere but here
Jenny

MonicaDD
01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
When I was first married, yes I was married once and very hereto, I was very happy in my marriage but while going to my doctor I met this girl, real girl,she was a medical assistant, and she was the most beautiful and sexy girl I had ever laid eyes on, she was so hot I started burning up whenever she got close, anyway, she seduced me, and we spent the most incredible weekend together, she was beautiful, sexy, seductive, agresive the body any supermodel would envy and taught me a LOT about sex, more than I had ever known. I fell in love with her, or I thought I did, but she went on her way and I never saw her much after that, but she was everything I always thought a woman should be and everything in a woman I always wanted, the Perfect Femminen Creature, and her name was Monica.
It is said the best form a flattery is Imitation and I have imitated her as best as I can. Love you all, and still Love her, if she could see me now, Monica.

SouthernLady
01-29-2008, 03:58 PM
I chose Dena because she was one of my favorite characters in a novel i read years ago. She was beautiful, sexy, strong, and insatiable in bed! Lol. Just like me.

Anna the Dub
01-29-2008, 04:27 PM
After I came out to my best friend, we sat down and tried to decide on a name. She suggested going through the alphabet as we were floundering. We got no further than A. We both settled on the name Annabel pretty quickly as we thought it was pretty. When I came out at work it was quickly shortened to Anna. Everyone calls me it now, and I really couldn't imagine being called anything else.

melissa1986
01-29-2008, 05:34 PM
I looked at a baby names website and picked the one that was used around the time I was born.

Carroll
01-29-2008, 05:41 PM
First time I dressed in front of my wife, she said I look like a Carroll

carhill2mn
01-29-2008, 05:46 PM
When I attended my first Tri-Ess meeting I was asked to sign in using my fem name. As of that time I didn't have one. I thought for a few moments and decided to use Carole as 1) it is a variation of the spelling of my male name so that if I should answer to "Carole" in either mode, no one would be suspicious; 2) many of my women friends were named Carol/Carole and one that I particularily admired was Carole.

ronna
01-29-2008, 06:27 PM
I saw it on a singles ad and thought it was cute (so was she)
so now that's me

Alana65
01-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Mine was easy.......

My middle name is Alan, so I just added an "a" to the end of it. I wasn't lucky enough to have an experience like MonicaDD.....I'm so jealous of you, girl !!

KeriB
01-30-2008, 11:22 AM
This is actually my second name lol.... my first was Stacy, and it really didn't signify anything, just sounded kind of cute at the time. That was before my "big purge.." As I got back into things recently, I chose Selene, my influence being the character Selene in the Underworld movies - she's beautiful, smart, resourceful and one tough bitch!

bEEb
01-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Still don't have one really. Thinking about it real carefully. It's not often one gets an opportunity like this and I want it to be perfect.
In the meanwhile I use a single syllable androgynous handle that is essentially a simplified composite of my initials.

Carla4Guage
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Fem version of my real name, which nobody that I know really knows (My male side is know to all by a nickname).

kimberly ann487
01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I think this is a cute story. Years ago back in my running around days I met a dancer in one of the local clubs that went by the name of Nicki. I was very attracted to her so the next time we ran into each other where she danced I greeted her mistakenly with a "hi Kimberly". She looked at me in amazement, because that was her real name, Kimberly Ann ! We both laughed and torrid though short love affair followed. I never saw her since but I held on to the name, call it fate or carma or whatever.:happy:
KIM:love:

Samantha43
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Mine is a name I have always liked. I wanted to give the name to our daughter when she was born, but my wife really didn't care for it. So I did the next best thing. I named the nameless woman that I became occasionally Samantha.

Fab Karen
01-30-2008, 04:42 PM
This would imply you have no idea who Farrah Fawcett is:eek:

Farrah
01-30-2008, 06:27 PM
This would imply you have no idea who Farrah Fawcett is:eek:

Yeah I know Farrah Fawcett..

sami1952
01-30-2008, 06:44 PM
I stole mine from my ex sister in law.she was a cheer leader in high school and i thought she look cute in her short outfit.

Laura Greenhall
01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
I chose the fore-name seeing as it's a nice 'cosy' forename; the middle name came as it's the middle-name of a good friend (her forename is a bit cumbersome and long, so I decided against it!) and the surname: well, when I was 'having' to tell others I am a bi-sexual, I often had to create bogus women and girl-friends up - and they always followed the following pattern: <Any old forename> and the road name they lived on; for example: one girl lived on Green Lane, hence (any old forename) Green, and as for 'hall'. I am infatuated with a girl that has the surname 'Hall'

So: Laura Claire Greenhall it is

:)

Pamela Julie
01-30-2008, 07:49 PM
My name choice and that of some other girls can be found in this thread:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66642

Rebecca03038
01-31-2008, 07:12 AM
I came up with my name after Kirstie Alley'c character on Cheers. I remember watching her and she just was.............damn i cant even put it into words. And I knew then that Rebecca was the name for me.